Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man slaps reporters ass live on air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

The look on her face was the best part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

What a thread to return on.*

Well, the guy is reaping what he sowed. He made a very silly decision on the spur of the moment and his “apology” was dreadful. His behaviour was, to say the least, inappropriate.

He is not a victim in this situation. He’s an adult man who made a bad choice.

She was slapped on the ass, live on TV, at work. I don’t think anyone on this thread would like for that to happen to their mother, girlfriend or sister. If it did, I don’t think you would tell her to laugh it off.

There’s also a running theme through the thread that this is about demonising men. It’s not. It’s just holding one man responsible for his actions.

We can talk about what would happen if the genders were reversed, but it’s comparing a hypothetical situation to a real one that’s on camera.

I have no doubt that there are women who behave equally inappropriately. That’s not the point of this piece of news though, it’s just an attempt to deflect and minimise.

*I signed back up because i heard Bertie’s Horse has been missing me something terrible

I think it's the fact that it's yet another 'hold men responsible' news story.

I mean at some point it has to go from simply promoting decency and responsibility to being an all out witch hunt. For me it's been a witch hunt for a number of years now and it's going to get worse if we continue to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jaysus a crack on the hole isn’t a big deal. Only a bit of harmless fun. When did everyone get so precious ?

Since about 8 years ago I think? There is a whole generate force fed a mindset and know no different.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

No

These whole thread and scenario has it's basis in gender politics as you well know.

Nowhere did I try to downplay it I just stated my own personal experiences and discussed litigious america and its sensationalism.
    If anything you seem to try and sensationalise the whole issue into something major. The type of person who is the exact demographic for marketers who target the above videos, I surmise.
    Again trying to discredit me.

She should accept his apology and move on. She's being a tit now. I've no respect for the way she's handling the incident.

But the downplaying and ridiculing of the stunt is rotten. And it is only because she's a woman. And the bizarre justification through whatabouting - "can't call it out for what it is because some women who aren't this woman grope men" and the pretence that all these folk on this thread are saying it's fine for women to slap men on the arse when zero people said it.

I despise women who carry on like that and i do not hang around with any who do so.

Slapping a stranger on the arse is crap behaviour. And it's happened to me many times. I get over it - it's mostly just irritation and "Oh well, people can be idiots". Once I got my arsehole and lady bits grabbed by a woman, and I went ballistic at the stupid bitch. That was the only time I was made really angry by it (and i'm sure some folk here would be fine with that but would call me the usual generic woman bashing things if I had reacted like that to a man doing it) but **** people who say "it doesn't bother me, I enjoy it, I laugh it off - therefore everyone else should feel the same way."

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KiKiReturns

I mean at some point it has to go from simply promoting decency and responsibility to being an all out witch hunt. For me it's been a witch hunt for a number of years now and it's going to get worse if we continue to ignore it.

But where is the witch-hunt in this story? It’s not a story about the male gender as a whole, it’s about this one guy. We know it’s not made up because he was retarded enough to do it on camera.

Do you think there should be any consequences at all to touching a woman’s behind on live tv as she goes about her work?

If not, where would you draw the line? What if he’s honka honk’d her boobs? Grabbed her vagina? How would you feel if it was your wife/ daughter/ sister?

The only people making this about men in general are the men on the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Ah here, your man thinks hes back in the fifties where it's ok to give the little woman a slap on the ass.

It's a "hold men responsible" story because a man is responsible.

There's no witch hunt. He can only blame himself.

Not sure what you want to ignore.?

If this guy had kept his hands to himself, there would be no issue.

Since about 8 years ago I think? There is a whole generate force fed a mindset and know no different.

It was never socially acceptable to slap female reporters on the arse on live tv. You may be confusing real life with Anchorman.

Ah look I know nobody said it was ok but I think it's just the absolute barrage of 'bad male behaviour' stories you hear these days.

As a man I've stopped listening to the news altogether, it's depressing stuff, it got to a point where I was turning on the radio saying 'ok tell why I'm a piece of shít today'.

The Simpsons were very prescient as usual -

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Oakvalley wrote: »
    Is touching on the arm the same thing? What body parts are ok to touch without consent?

Could be, you don't know what someone could do if you don't know them.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Up to 2011 people were ok with getting a slap on the arse when doing a live news report?

Ah here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I fail to see the point which is unclear -

Fact men do not sue women for sexual harassment in the same scenario.
    Men do not turn it into an empowerment issue because they have no need to they are already 'empowered'.

This is the sole reason women like to make scenarios like the OP's post sensationalized as they can get empowered and make money. Win - win.
    This scenario would not be open to a man if the roles were reversed.

Unless it was on the serious end of the scale. Underage sex female teacher male student etc.
    That is the point I am trying to make.
    I find the level of faux outrage laughable. But when you think about it most broadcasters in the USA are private and are in sensationalist competition.
    I would only hope that people do not fall for it and are able to make thier own minds up.

You’re whatabouting but it’s not clear what the upshot is. Can you say that no man has ever sued for sexual harassment? And do you think they should? Or that women shouldn’t?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have to say this thread is bringing out some real douche bag responses.

This guy was way way out of order.

I think there is an assault case here, possibly of a sexual nature but that would be up to more learned people than myself.

If I were his employer I’d be concerned about his behaviour, if he were in a scout group where my kids went I’d be asking serious questions about his fitness to continue considering his poor inappropriate decision making.

If he’s willing to do that in public what would he do if he thought nobody was looking ??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It was never socially acceptable to slap female reporters on the arse on live tv. You may be confusing real life with Anchorman.

It was never acceptable to do of course, but it was also never worldwide news if it did happen, so something changed along the way.

Who's holding "men" responsible?

A man is being held responsible for a thing he did himself. On camera.

It's one incident. Nobody is denying the wider issues but this is one incident!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

He was utterly idiotic to do it and it's not something I'd ever do or say was OK, but I don't really get the witch hunt like he's the greatest threat to women since Ted Bundy either.

Some of the news report definitely adopting the Simpsons 'Homer Badman' angle.

2Pl3x.gif

What makes me laugh is that people say feminists have a victim mentality. And yet when a woman gets slapped on the arse on live tv, somehow men are the real victims here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

As I posted earlier, what the man did was idiotic and wrong. That said, on the sexual assault severity scale, what he did was probably a 1.5 out of 10 — although you wouldn't know that from some of the overwrought rhetoric that she and her supporters are coming out with.

I also think Ms Bozarjian is using this incident opportunistically as a platform to advance her career. In recent days, she has successfully catapulted herself from an obscure regional reporter — who on Black Friday was "following shoppers on their very exciting endeavors," per her Twitter feed — to a national figure appearing on syndicated talk shows, which is every journalist's dream.

The Simpsons were very prescient as usual -

How? Who is saying "boo men"?! :confused:

And now there's some genius equating touching the arm of someone you're talking to with slapping a stranger on the arse.

Through the looking glass stuff...

Never watched that film looked annoying.
    The point I am making it has become politicised.
    It gets a layer added to it 0 when a women is assaulted from the minor to major and all in between.

It implied how much strength of character the woman has etc how 'brave' she is.
    Phrases such as 'as woman' are used and so on. As if it is a crusade not just for that woman at issue - but for all women etc.

That is what it gets turned into. That is what Hillary tried to do get elected.
    As a woman etc.
    But ironically she was still defeated by a mycologist with boorish behaviour.

As I posted earlier, what the man did was idiotic and wrong. That said, on the sexual assault severity scale, what he did was probably a 1.5 out of 10 — although you wouldn't know that from some of the overwrought rhetoric that she and her supporters are coming out with.

I also think Ms Bozarjian is using this incident opportunistically as a platform to advance her career. In recent days, she has successfully catapulted herself from an obscure regional reporter — who on Black Friday was "following shoppers on their very exciting endeavors," per her Twitter feed — to a national figure appearing on syndicated talk shows, which is every journalist's dream.

I agree, but why wouldn’t she?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

As crass as it was, it instantly reminded me of a scene in one of my favourite books:

""Right," he replies smartly and, in a mindless follow through, an overflow of coordination, she having on the drop of his answer turned with prim dismissal away from him again, slaps! her sassy ass. Not hard: a cupping hit, rebuke and fond pat both, well-placed on the pocket.

She swiftly pivots, swinging her backside to safety behind her. Her freckles dart sharp as pinpricks from her shocked face. Her leaping blood bleaches her skin, and her rigidly cold stare is so incongruous with the lazy condescending warmth he feels toward her, that he pushes his upper lip over his lower in a burlesque expression of penitence."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have to say this thread is bringing out some real douche bag responses.

This guy was way way out of order.

I think there is an assault case here, possibly of a sexual nature but that would be up to more learned people than myself.

If I were his employer I’d be concerned about his behaviour, if he were in a scout group where my kids went I’d be asking serious questions about his fitness to continue considering his poor inappropriate decision making.

If he’s willing to do that in public what would he do if he thought nobody was looking ??

I condemn the slap of course if she didn’t consent.

I want women to condemn sexual assaults on men also.
    Of course she didn't consent ffs.

It wasn't sexual assault imo - just someone being a rude twat.

Yeah obviously plenty of women condemn sexual assault of men. Sometimes it's other men who dismiss it.

Honestly? You think absolutely no women would be disgusted by sexual assault of men?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Would it be a hold black people responsible story if a black person slapped her on the ass?
    _Brian wrote: »

Mod

Let's not drag this down a road of this nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Homelander wrote: »
    He was utterly idiotic to do it and it's not something I'd ever do or say was OK, but I don't really get the witch hunt like he's the greatest threat to women since Ted Bundy either.

Some of the news report definitely adopting the Simpsons 'Homer Badman' angle.

2Pl3x.gif

On that Simpson’s episode, we know that Homer didn’t grab her arse. He peeled a sweet off it. Do you think we’ve made the same mistake here? Do you think he didn’t smack her arse intentionally?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

And why wouldn't she?

Seize the day.

Wow, engage your brain.
    Could be applied to numerous posts here. I do engage my brain all the time - and yeah, touching the arm of someone whom you are talking to, while I think it's over familiar myself and not sure how appropriate it is, is still not the same as slapping a stranger on the arse. Obviously.

Just because you don't like my post, doesn't mean my brain wasn't engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

On that Simpson’s episode, we know that Homer didn’t grab her arse. He peeled a sweet off it. Do you think we’ve made the same mistake here? Do you think he didn’t smack her arse intentionally?

Nothing to do with Homer. The image is about Groundskeeper Willie, they play up what he's done to paint him as a sick, twisted pervert.
    Homer: That man is sick!
    Marge: Groundskeeper Willie saved you, Homer.
    Homer: But listen to the music! He's evil!

Just pointing out that some of the dramatic news reports are way OTT, and that's not excusing that he did it, or suggesting it wasn't wrong.

Opportunism my friend.
    The easily offended thrive on it.you see an opening and you milk it.
    Off work now with the “social anxiety” is my bet.
    She will be cured miraculously after the court case though

Some scummy groper slaps a woman live on tv while she's just doing her job, but SHE'S the one with the problem. Gotcha.
    Esse85 wrote: »
    To be named and shamed world wide for slapping a girls ass is completely over the top.

Had he murdered her on camera then fair enough. The punishment far out weighs the crime here. Yes he was completely wrong to do what he did.

He's the one who put himself in the public eye by humiliating and hitting a woman in front of a camera. He's the author of his own misfortune, and I've zero sympathy with him.

• Advertisement

Raconteuse wrote: »
    How? Who is saying "boo men"?! :confused:

And now there's some genius equating touching the arm of someone you're talking to with slapping a stranger on the arse.

Through the looking glass stuff...

I will explain it simply for you that is the general tenant of the level of media sensationalism in the OP's video for example.
    That is the general implied undertones of it.
    As I said it is understandable it attracts interest - marketing and is spun to give other women a send of empowerment on thier last? - crusade.

It is an historical legacy of being tied to the cooker, unable to vote until recent history etc. That is why there is such a reaction because there is constant search for new angles for first world women to 'fight the good fight.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement