Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man slaps reporters ass live on air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Edgy

A lot of the feminists won't like this logical post

And if this had happened on the street we'd never have heard about it either.

But it didn't. It happened on live tele in front of a camera. Of course people were going to see it and want to identify him. That was inevitable.

He brought all of this on himself, it's not some feminist conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Theres a few in here that could to with a lot more than a slapped arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Raconteuse wrote: »
    How on earth is it edgy? :confused:

It's one of the more reasonable posts actually.

I know and it is edgy as it is going against the general grain of the sh!te being posted here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Theres a few in here that could to with a lot more than a slapped arse.

Atta boy, there you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Atta boy, there you are.

Could you be anymore triggered?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

eviltwin wrote: »
    And if this had happened on the street we'd never have heard about it either.

But it didn't. It happened on live tele in front of a camera. Of course people were going to see it and want to identify him. That was inevitable.

He brought all of this on himself, it's not some feminist conspiracy.

It's the feminist reaction to this outrage. Hang the perpertrator i say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

If the roles were reversed and it was a woman grabbing a male reporters arse it'd be a hilarious meme. It was far from sexual assault.

Total nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

She should have gave him a good clatter.

Not only would it have been more fun to watch, it also would have avoided the droll, so-unsurprising reactions.

"if that reporter, *huff* from another country, *puff* were my daughter *explodes*"

"that random lady *smacks lips*, probably loved it *licking moustache erotically*"

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Not really.

I doubt you would think that if it was your significant other or daughter.

Look, this stuff comes with the territory if you're going to be out and about with the public and interacting with same. It's been blown up for sure but it's still behaviour that's simply not on or acceptable.

I’d be glad someone found the significant others bum attractive- people would seriously want to lighten up a bit !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I’d be glad someone found the significant others bum attractive- people would seriously want to lighten up a bit !

Fair enough if that's your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Suckit wrote: »
    Fcking ridiculous, the whole thing. Every bit of it.
    Him smacking her ass, stupid.
    The awful news report about it is worse.
    Him being named and shamed worldwide including his social media profile and any side activities, is beyond ridiculous.

I have had my ass smacked in public, by a random stranger. Never did I feel humiliated or assaulted. I felt confused for about 3 minutes, and then forgot about it mostly until now.
    But were you on live TV in the middle of doing your job?

That's why it spread - because it was literally on the news. I mean I wouldn't like the guy's life destroyed by it (but he deserves criticism, especially for his hypocrisy as a Christian minister - idiot), particularly as he has children, but he put himself on camera. Nobody else did. It was already in the public domain.

I think she should just accept his apology (even though it's bullsh1t - the "sorry" is only due to the backlash) and let it be, and I don't think it warrants a huge storm, but the dismissal is really reflective of a growing sh1tty attitude towards women.

Also you may not have felt humiliated - I've been slapped on the arse countless times and I haven't felt humiliated either (well the older I got - it's not nice when you're only in your early teens) but it would definitely be humiliating for someone reporting on live TV. It's a bit pointless to compare it to anything other than that.

Some people are idiots and they slap strangers' arses - unfortunately. It's not news. But this is considerably different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Could you be anymore triggered?

Whatever you think yourself. Just noticed your rereg date.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarahdunners

She has filed criminal charges for sexual battery against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

closed for review

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Reopening thread. A number of posts have been deleted & cards issued.

Keep it civil folks. Would you make the same "jokes" if it was a female relative or friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

He’s a scout leader too? Not the sort I’d want as a mentor for young boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I did a bit of research on this sexual harassment stuff and particularity the litigious attitude to it in America whether it is on the high end of the scale or lower end of the scale like the OP's post.

Yeah it was wrong I get all that but is it not just a slightest bit of an OTT reaction subsequently?

This woman here sued for 10m dollars from an airline as she was sexually assaulted on a plane.

10m dollars!!!

On the other end of the scale a male boss got sued for farting at his male work colleagues and pinching thier nipples.

I notice the tone seems more lighthearted this may or may not be because it involved a male and farting.

I then in the interests of fairness did a quick internet search for - 'man sues woman for sexual harassment'. Imagine the slagging a fella would get if he did...sue a woman for sexual harassment? :D

It yielded no results. Only men suing women for falsely accusing them of sexual harassment. :cool:

As for the smacking the ass thing. I have been playful groped or smacked on the ass by work colleagues when I was younger. Yes women do it to men - but the men do not give out about it!

But I noticed those days are gone and I would be lucky to get a glance side-wards these days. :o

I am just wondering how much a smack on the ass would 'win' in American court get a $2m for one cheek? $4m for both? :D

The OP's post deals with a society who is ultra litigious and out for a quick buck.
    The turning it into a women's empowerment thing masks the truth in my view

In Ireland he would have been just told to f off at worst or it would have been laughed off at best.
    But being a 23 American woman in a high profile job this is only going to one way.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

how hard is it to just keep your hands to yourself? I manage to do it all the time, every day, without even thinking about it.

I have no sympathy for this guy if he gets sued and/or faces charges. It was a stupid thing to do to begin with, but to do it with so many witnesses around, a camera and to do it to a reporter, who has more media access than your average person to begin with - that's just earning extra idiot points right there. Actions don't always have consequences, but this action will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

But were you on live TV in the middle of doing your job?

That's why it spread - because it was literally on the news. I mean I wouldn't like the guy's life destroyed by it (but he deserves criticism, especially for his hypocrisy as a Christian minister - idiot), particularly as he has children, but he put himself on camera. Nobody else did. It was already in the public domain.

I think she should just accept his apology (even though it's bullsh1t - the "sorry" is only due to the backlash) and let it be, and I don't think it warrants a huge storm, but the dismissal is really reflective of a growing sh1tty attitude towards women.

Also you may not have felt humiliated - I've been slapped on the arse countless times and I haven't felt humiliated either (well the older I got - it's not nice when you're only in your early teens) but it would definitely be humiliating for someone reporting on live TV. It's a bit pointless to compare it to anything other than that.

Some people are idiots and they slap strangers' arses - unfortunately. It's not news. But this is considerably different.
    I wasn't live on TV but was on a podium practicing a presentation and there were plenty people around watching.

But I still thought nothing other than confusion for it. He ran off cackling.

• Advertisement

how hard is it to just keep your hands to yourself? I manage to do it all the time, every day, without even thinking about it.

I have no sympathy for this guy if he gets sued and/or faces charges. It was a stupid thing to do to begin with, but to do it with so many witnesses around, a camera and to do it to a reporter, who has more media access than your average person to begin with - that's just earning extra idiot points right there. Actions don't always have consequences, but this action will.

I understand all that but how is it you never hear of a man suing a woman for smacking him on the arse. I was smacked on the arse at work by a woman there were witnesses. Did I feel violated maybe I should have... I just laughed.
    Should I have went to counselling?

The bit that annoys me is the moral high ground holier than thou posts like yours. It seems to only go one way.
    I remember reading Lilly Allen got in bed with fella she did not know unannounced. Is that sexual harassment or is it not because the man is less likely to say no.

There seems to be a a real societal hypocrisy and game around the whole issue these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

you cant be doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

A bit of fun that has been way overblown. She probably would be delighted with the attention of the camera wasn’t rolling. Now it’s become a me too and times up band wagon issue.

We constantly have people bleating on about "Her word against his.", "No evidence.", "She's just after the money/fame."

Yet when presented with a simple, clear-cut, case of a woman having her arse slapped, we still have people turning themselves inside-out and upside-down to excuse/trivialise it.

Also I’ve often seen woman slap men’s arses and even more Invasive activity (not ass, other side) and women have shouted the man down saying it’s all “a bit of fun”.

Equality...

you cant be doing that

Can't do anything these days and certainly not in Muirica the litigious leader of the world cha ching.
    Plus the women does not seem that upset about it.
    It seems like more of a chance for some money, a human interest story and makes far better news than covering a race.
    Plus there is the 'empowerment' angle sisters doing it for themselves etc.
    Win win for all concerned.

Off camera the woman is counting the money in head, and the whole news crew are going on a big night out when she cashes in. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

A bit of fun that has been way overblown. She probably would be delighted with the attention of the camera wasn’t rolling. Now it’s become a me too and times up band wagon issue.
    Also I’ve often seen woman slap men’s arses and even more Invasive activity (not ass, other side) and women have shouted the man down saying it’s all “a bit of fun”.

Equality...
    Such dismally thick posts.

We constantly have people bleating on about "Her word against his.", "No evidence.", "She's just after the money/fame."

Yet when we presented with a simple, clear-cut, case of a woman having her arse slapped, we still have people turning themselves inside-out and upside-down to excuse/trivialise it.

As I said I have been smacked on the arse at work (by a woman) if I had known it was that serious - I would not have laughed when it happened. I basically trivialised my own pain. :rolleyes:
    I think the statue of limitations has passed on that one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I understand all that but how is it you never hear of a man suing a woman for smacking him on the arse. I was smacked on the arse at work by a woman there were witnesses. Did I feel violated maybe I should have... I just laughed.
    Should I have went to counselling?

The bit that annoys me is the moral high ground holier than thou posts like yours. It seems to only go one way.
    I remember reading Lilly Allen got in bed with fella she did not know unannounced. Is that sexual harassment or is it not because the man is less likely to say no.

There seems to be a a real societal hypocrisy and game around the whole issue these days.

I've been slapped on the ass too and have never sued anybody. But this woman has evidence, so she's free to have at it. If a man wants to sue someone for similar sexual harassment, he's free to have at it. It's no skin off my back because I don't treat people that way.

The rest of your post just sounds like whining.

• Advertisement

Such dismally thick posts.

Racon I saw women acting in a grossly invasive way only last night and when the man objected he was told to

“Man up”

“Grow a pair”

“Are ye gay ye must be”

“Ffs get a life will ye”

Charming behavior isn’t it!?

What’s good for the goose....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement