Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man slaps reporters ass live on air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What's with your attitude towards women? What happened in your life to make you so suspicious of us and regard us as despicable and hateful, seemingly across the board? Your mother?

I want women to call out inappropriate behaviour against men by women. It’s that simple. Not rocket science or amateur psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

What a non event, the look on her face though was funny. She would want to get over herself.

I’d a few women feeling up my arse in a pub a few weeks ago, I had a great laugh at it as did my oh. Couldn’t understand someone getting bothered about it.

I think it is because they like to turn it into an empowerment issue. Self worth much like if a black fella was called black xyz by a white fella - racism.
    Vice versa nothing happens. It is an historical legacy

Basically women are just getting over thier oppression from over a century /40 years ago, and feel the need to show now what a 'modern woman' does.

I am sure if men used to have to stay at home and mind the kids they would feel oppressed too. So there would feel the need to act on a 'violation'.
    It turns into a party line - 'as a woman' etc.
    As if they represent all women. That always amuses me,

Also, the sensationalism by these media outlets ironically controls these modern women. It can shape thier thoughts and play them like a harp.
    As viewed in this thread.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The guy who did that was a prick, did you see the look on her face, she was horrified. That was a genuine reaction.
    Doing her job trying to be professional and that happens.

If he did think it was harmless fun, hopefully he can learn from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Glad you agree and hopefully you will call out women doing it to men

Check them.

Or is it only a scandal if men do it to women?
    Glad i agree it's unfair that you can't slap people? :pac:
    Such a sh1t sandwich level response. Absolute pure scutter.
    Why?
    It seems ppl like racontuese are complete hypocrites when the gender is reversed.

It’s quite revealing
    Um... 1. I said absolutely nothing hypocritical (entirely in your head). 2. Give me a chance to reply. Response above.

A cute selection of whatthefuckery!

I don't know why I bother even clicking on threads in After Hours any more. It the same old crap constantly. Like a shower of Trumpbots... grab her by the fanny she should be flattered by the attention. :rolleyes:

We could ask them to bring their mum to say the spire, so they could get a good slap on the arse for the stellar job they did raising their kids, should be an issue for them, going by their posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Raconteuse wrote: »
    What are ye on about? Where the hell did I say it's ok to slap a man on the arse. Oh that's right - I didn't. Only ye brought that up. What hypocrisy? Who else said it's ok for a woman to slap a man on the arse. Bingo - nobody. Your whiny whatabouting is causing you to imagine things. It's not complicated - criticism of something happening to women does not mean being ok with the same thing happening to men.

It's crappy of anyone to slap anyone on the arse - and particularly if they're in the middle of a live broadcast.

Only ye are making it about the sex of the person - and this babble about empowerment and feminism and viewing mistreatment of men as equality: again, all in your heads. And idiotic women who do slap men's arses - why are you saying all women do that and are ok with it Beechwood? Never in my life did it or thought it was ok. And women deserve a smack on the arse because some imbecilic women smack men on the arse? You really need to think stuff through. Your comment too "she probably enjoyed it if the camera wasn't rolling" - stay classy.

And apparently women felt flattered or thought it was just a laugh years ago. No evidence for this of course but must be true.

I wouldn't sue obviously but it's fecking annoying getting your arse slapped a stranger. It's obnoxiously rude.

She's going OTT now (much to the delight of folk here) but just looking at the incident by itself, it was an objectively sh1tty thing to do, which they know full well.

Ah look I know nobody said it was ok but I think it's just the absolute barrage of 'bad male behaviour' stories you hear these days.

As a man I've stopped listening to the news altogether, it's depressing stuff, it got to a point where I was turning on the radio saying 'ok tell why I'm a piece of shít today'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Motivator

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Anybody dismissing this as a joke and that this girl is looking for compo needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Did you not see the girl's reaction when it happened? Her look of shock and embarrassment wasn't faked for compo reasons and she didn't think it was fun. What gives this asshole the right to do anything to her? I hope he's facing repercussions.
    If that happened to my wife or daughter, I'd be hunting the fecker down.

Hunting him down to do what to him exactly? Demand satisfaction?

I was out with an ex of mine a few years ago and as she walked back to the table from speaking with friends, someone smacked her on the arse. She didn’t even bat an eyelid only she started laughing when she came back and sat down next to me. He was harmless and it didn’t bother me in the slightest. If anything it was a compliment to me, I got to go home and ride her every night.

This carry on of people getting offended over people getting a smack on the arse is beyond ridiculous at this stage. It’s a bit of fun for God’s sake. It’s not as if your man pulled down her pants and raped her on live tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Here’s Geri Halliwell, caught on camera, trying to check out married man Andy Murray’s private parts last year. Don’t recall it going viral, or the handwringing about consent, inappropriateness etc.

Here’s how it was reported. “Geri Horner sings Spice Girls songs in bed to Andy Murray in ' incredibly awkward' Sport Relief sketch.â€

Spot the difference.

I think it is because they like to turn it into an empowerment issue. Self worth much like if a black fella was called black xyz by a white fella - racism.
    Vice versa nothing happens. It is an historical legacy

Basically women are just getting over thier oppression from over a century /40 years ago, and feel the need to show now what a 'modern woman' does.

I am sure if men used to have to stay at home and mind the kids they would feel oppressed too. So there would feel the need to act on a 'violation'.
    It turns into a party line - 'as a woman' etc.
    As if they represent all women. That always amuses me,

Also, the sensationalism by these media outlets ironically controls these modern women. It can shape thier thoughts and play them like a harp.
    As viewed in this thread.
    Why on earth are you bringing gender politics into it?

This is about someone being slapped on the arse while in the middle of a live broadcast and it was a sh1tty thing to do. That's it!

Why is it so important to you to downplay It?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

eviltwin wrote: »
    Well I hate to point out the blindingly obvious but he did it on live TV right in front of the camera. What did he expect would happen the dope.

Blunt but fair!

• Advertisement

What are ye on about? Where the hell did I say it's ok to slap a man on the arse. Oh that's right - I didn't. Only ye brought that up. What hypocrisy? Who else said it's ok for a woman to slap a man on the arse. Bingo - nobody. Your whiny whatabouting is causing you to imagine things. It's not complicated - criticism of something happening to women does not mean being ok with the same thing happening to men.

Again you are deliberately missing my point I feel.

It's crappy of anyone to slap anyone on the arse - and particularly if they're in the middle of a live broadcast.

Male broadcasters who are kissed by women on air or groped etc end up in the funny clips videos.
    You know it and I know it. To say otherwise is lies.
    Only ye are making it about the sex of the person - and this babble about empowerment and feminism and viewing mistreatment of men as equality: again, all in your heads. And idiotic women who do slap men's arses - why are you saying all women do that and are ok with it Beechwood? Never in my life did it or thought it was ok. And women deserve a smack on the arse because some imbecilic women smack men on the arse? You really need to think stuff through. Your comment too "she probably enjoyed it if the camera wasn't rolling" - stay classy.

No where did I say a women deserves a smack on the arse. That is your own interpretation. It is these type of comments that do equality more harm than good. You are basically making up things I said now to try and waffle your way out of corner. Of course it is to do with the sex of the person that much is self evident. But it is obvious not a point you feel comfortable admitting to for whatever reason. The stay classy remark demonstrates to me that you have already 'branded' me as there is no grey area in your mind.So the sex of the individuals and context are all ignored by you because you seem blinkered on the issue?
    And apparently women felt flattered or thought it was just a laugh years ago. No evidence for this of course but must be true.

I wouldn't sue obviously but it's fecking annoying getting your arse slapped a stranger. It's obnoxiously rude.

She's going OTT now (much to the delight of folk here) but just looking at the incident by itself, it was an objectively sh1tty thing to do, which they know full well.

Of course some women would feel flattered if she got a smack on the arse particualry if she found him attractive. It works the other way as well of course.

But the difference is if a man got hit on the arse by a women in the same scenario above -

1) He would not sue
    2) It would not be politicized
    3) It would not be sensationalized

You can say what you like and dance around the points I am making all day.
    But I challenge you to disprove those three points I have listed.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Well I hate to point out the blindingly obvious but he did it on live TV right in front of the camera. What did he expect would happen the dope.

She would have a laugh at it like a normal person would.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Would it be alright if he slapped her on the face?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I was disgusted to the pit of my stomach over the behaviour of some women I saw last night at a social event.

They were mauling and pawing a middle aged quiet married man

He mildly objected and he was subjected to fierce sustained humiliation from the women

“Are ye gay ye must be”

“Grow a pair”

“Man up will ye”

“Get a life ye sad case”

It was revolting.

Well it's simple really. Those women have no class and no sense of cop on.

Revolting people come in both genders.

I don't think any women here are denying that men get harrased too, which they do.

I'm a man and if a random woman was taking the piss with me I'd soon tell her to cop the **** on.

Gorm, I was obviously addressing Beechwood. You need not try to discredit me by telling me I'm making things up about you when I clearly addressed him.

I never denied anything you said either - my only objection is to the way people are so at pains not to admit this was a sh1t thing to do to a broadcaster (and ridiculing it too) because they can't be having the women getting one up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The guy is a bit of a douche but you'd swear he was Jeffery Epstein the way some people are reacting. What is a suitable punishment for slapping someone on the arse?

What a non event, the look on her face though was funny. She would want to get over herself along with anyone who sees it as anything other than a bit of craic and a laugh.

I’d a few women feeling up my arse in a pub a few weeks ago, I had a great laugh at it as did my oh. Couldn’t understand someone getting bothered about it.
    You were doing a live broadcast from a pub? Awkward auld spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

She would have a laugh at it like a normal person would.

In fairness did anything even happen at all? All I saw was a man jogging past a woman, didn't see a hand touching anything.

Now I know a media outlet would never tell lies or even exaggerate, but I just wonder, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Everybody should keep their hands to themselves. Gropers don't know what they are dealing with grabbing at just anyone. Its a possible way to get a good wallop after it, then maybe fall over and break your neck off something after you land sideways on it. Could get a connect that would kill you outright before you even fall. Only thing you'll be grabbing then is the complimentary rosary beads in a box.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I understand all that but how is it you never hear of a man suing a woman for smacking him on the arse. I was smacked on the arse at work by a woman there were witnesses. Did I feel violated maybe I should have... I just laughed.
    Should I have went to counselling?

The bit that annoys me is the moral high ground holier than thou posts like yours. It seems to only go one way.
    I remember reading Lilly Allen got in bed with fella she did not know unannounced. Is that sexual harassment or is it not because the man is less likely to say no.

There seems to be a a real societal hypocrisy and game around the whole issue these days.

Yes, it's also sexual harassment if it’s female-on-male. Do you want everyone to object or nobody? It’s unclear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The guy is a bit of a douche but you'd swear he was Jeffery Epstein the way some people are reacting. What is a suitable punishment for slapping someone on the arse?

What is a suitable punishment for slapping someone?

Why on earth are you bringing gender politics into it?

This is about someone being slapped on the arse while in the middle of a live broadcast and it was a sh1tty thing to do. That's it!

Why is it so important to you to downplay It?
    No

These whole thread and scenario has it's basis in gender politics as you well know.

Nowhere did I try to downplay it I just stated my own personal experiences and discussed litigious america and its sensationalism.
    If anything you seem to try and sensationalise the whole issue into something major. The type of person who is the exact demographic for marketers who target the above videos, I surmise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'm laughing at the big brazen head on him as he approaches. He knew right well what he was going go do. And then making up a frankly bizarre but hilarious explanation that he was trying to raise his hands, when he did the opposite.

The news report was funny too... them going through all the photos, matching race numbers.. tracking down the "knucklehead" as they called him.

He got what was coming to him, sleazy fool.

He won't do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KiKiReturns

What a thread to return on.*

Well, the guy is reaping what he sowed. He made a very silly decision on the spur of the moment and his “apology” was dreadful. His behaviour was, to say the least, inappropriate.

He is not a victim in this situation. He’s an adult man who made a bad choice.

She was slapped on the ass, live on TV, at work. I don’t think anyone on this thread would like for that to happen to their mother, girlfriend or sister. If it did, I don’t think you would tell her to laugh it off.

There’s also a running theme through the thread that this is about demonising men. It’s not. It’s just holding one man responsible for his actions.

We can talk about what would happen if the genders were reversed, but it’s comparing a hypothetical situation to a real one that’s on camera.

I have no doubt that there are women who behave equally inappropriately. That’s not the point of this piece of news though, it’s just an attempt to deflect and minimise.

*I signed back up because i heard Bertie’s Horse has been missing me something terrible

I condemn the slap of course if she didn’t consent.

I want women to condemn sexual assaults on men also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Jaysus a crack on the hole isn’t a big deal. Only a bit of harmless fun. When did everyone get so precious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I was disgusted to the pit of my stomach over the behaviour of some women I saw last night at a social event.

They were mauling and pawing a middle aged quiet married man

He mildly objected and he was subjected to fierce sustained humiliation from the women

“Are ye gay ye must be”

“Grow a pair”

“Man up will ye”

“Get a life ye sad case”

It was revolting.

Youre right, it is revolting behaviour, regardless of the genders involved. I hope you backed up the guy in his objections. If no one does anything then they will continue to think that it is acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KiKiReturns

I condemn the slap of course if she didn’t consent.

I want women to condemn sexual assaults on men also.

What do you mean “if” she didn’t consent? She very clearly didn’t consent.

Sexual assaults on men are equally abhorrent.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Youre right, it is revolting behaviour, regardless of the genders involved. I hope you backed up the guy in his objections. If no one does anything then they will continue to think that it is acceptable.

I offered him a few quiet words of support but I could see how deeply it affected him and I was struggling to get the words out to be honest

• Advertisement

Yes, it's also sexual harassment if it’s female-on-male. Do you want everyone to object or nobody? It’s unclear.

I fail to see the point which is unclear -

Fact men do not sue women for sexual harassment in the same scenario.
    Men do not turn it into an empowerment issue because they have no need to they are already 'empowered'.

This is the sole reason women like to make scenarios like the OP's post sensationalized as they can get empowered and make money. Win - win.
    This scenario would not be open to a man if the roles were reversed.

Unless it was on the serious end of the scale. Underage sex female teacher male student etc.
    That is the point I am trying to make.
    I find the level of faux outrage laughable. But when you think about it most broadcasters in the USA are private and are in sensationalist competition.
    I would only hope that people do not fall for it and are able to make thier own minds up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement