Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

13-03-2020, 21:30   #151
Muahahaha

Theres a thread here seeking a sub forum to be set up for Covid 19 as this thread is moving too fast and has too many sub topics overlapping each other. Please add a +1 on the thread if you agree

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...#post112824199
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-03-2020, 21:30   #152
ITman88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class MayDresser View Post
Who says it'll be a quick death?
Dying wasn’t mentioned, just being dead!
Thanks from:
13-03-2020, 21:30   #153
Brother Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITman88 View Post
Short of handcuffing them to the couch or sedating them you won’t stop the movement of kids to easily
It’s called a hall door
Thanks from:
13-03-2020, 21:30   #154
touts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecretinhop View Post
hearing arsehole teachers on de lash knowing many (not all) wud not surprise me
also clown cnt parents arranging play dates etc wtf is wrong with u, there are a generation of parents who dont know how to cope with kids.
sayz i with a 5 month old baby cretin who has kept her away from crowds in last two weeks
finally the idiots from Cheltenham should be shot up a dogs arse for the selfishness
as my mother said"i will shout at them... from a distance"
There will be some teachers who go on the lash and will do nothing for the next few weeks. Hopefully they will be disciplined when they get back to work. Most however seem to be struggling with various IT systems. I know one who was just told to look up Google Classroom and figure it out. She spent all day today trying to get set up and has her classes up now and posted homework etc for the weekend. Didn't get a very positive response from the students who all thought they were off. They are in for a right shock on Monday. She has video conferencing set up and ready to go. She'll even be taking rollcall! They'll be calling her some names when they get the mails.
13-03-2020, 21:31   #155
Quantum Erasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveat emptor View Post
Very concerned for UK approach and the fact it differs from ours , rest of Europe and rest of world. It assumes no permanent damage and 47 million people getting it. Bothering me all day. Felt better when government took approach of closing schools but this is deeply disturbing.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1...258763776?s=21
herd immunity =47 million infected, 1 million deaths, + further 8 million requiring critical care
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-03-2020, 21:31   #156
Darc19

Blessing in disguise for paddy's day parades - weather is forecast to be utterly sh1te for Tuesday.
13-03-2020, 21:32   #157
DeanAustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinglejangle69 View Post
Because we have zero responsibility and always blame someone else for our challenges.

And expect other people to sort it out.
Don't think so. We seem to have taken responsibility here and taken very decisive action.

During the financial crisis, we took our medicine and got ourselves out of the mess even though it meant a nasty dose of austerity.

There are some idiots but you find them in any society. Look across the Irish Sea or Atlantic if you want to see moronic behaviour at government level.
13-03-2020, 21:32   #158
cnocbui

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro:electro View Post
My boyfriend just informed me that his boss and his girlfriend are off to Tenerife until Thursday, and they plan to rock back into work the following Monday no screening no testing no nothing. People seem to be categorise where is “safe” to travel to based on the amount of positive cases there; completely forgetting the important fact that in order to get there you’ve to travel through an airport likely riddled with the infection and travel on a plane that’s been god knows where before you. My boyfriend is worried because his mother has not only cardiovascular disease but high BP and diabetes, she’s basically a right off if she gets this disease. He’s now thinking of taking the two weeks off when they return because of their moronic and selfish behaviour.
Isn't that where CinemaGuy45 is meant to be going shortly? You don't suppose....?

This could be awkward.
13-03-2020, 21:32   #159
otnomart

Berlin follows Belgium in closing bars
https://www.thelocal.de/20200313/cor...rt-scaled-back
However restaurants stay open and this measure is not nationwide in Germany
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-03-2020, 21:33   #160
branie2

The staff at my local cinema were wearing gloves when handling money. Sensible thing to do
(2) thanks from:
13-03-2020, 21:33   #161
Darc19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
Theres a thread here seeking a sub forum to be set up for Covid 19 as this thread is moving too fast and has too many sub topics overlapping each other. Please add a +1 on the thread if you agree

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...#post112824199
Probably better to have a whole forum for it
Thanks from:
13-03-2020, 21:33   #162
Cw85

Anyone else here have friends or family on the Guards and Army that are hearing what I'm hearing?
13-03-2020, 21:34   #163
Morrisseeee

Send a message via Yahoo to Morrisseeee
YAY I've just finished reading thread............1
/5 weeks & several more threads to go
13-03-2020, 21:34   #164
fritzelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by otnomart View Post
Berlin follows Belgium in closing bars
https://www.thelocal.de/20200313/cor...rt-scaled-back
However restaurants stay open and this measure is not nationwide in Germany
Doubt we are far behind tbh
13-03-2020, 21:34   #165
SuperTortoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17 View Post
We are an Island, we should be using this to our advantage.. Close the airports, no flights in or out for the foreseeable future...Send the army up to the Northern border and stop the flow of people to and from the north... Tough love but that is what it will take to keep us safe..

We're a month too late for that, the country is riddled with it, and every day we let tens of thousands more in.

The ONE single advantage we had over the rest of europe and we did'nt bother our bollocks to use it.
Thread Closed