Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Chit-Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Y'day my wee scaredy cat suddenly became a cuddle cat. Lay on my lap and rolled over to be stroked.. stayed there a long while.. came back again later for more. Been a long journey and I have never pushed her. Just let her be and grow in trust. I had tears of joy flowing . She kept coming to me yday when the others were off a roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Graces7 wrote: »
    brilliant! Tears of laughter flowing here! Thank you...

I know I was pretty amused by it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Going to visit a Cattery this week to check it out as a holiday home for the babies! I’ve never boarded them before, is it bad I care more about where they go than where I go? I’d stay in any dingy old hotel, but need to have the best for the kitties :pac:

Going to visit a Cattery this week to check it out as a holiday home for the babies! I’ve never boarded them before, is it bad I care more about where they go than where I go? I’d stay in any dingy old hotel, but need to have the best for the kitties :pac:

Sounds normal and healthy to me! To worry for their accommodation!

My oldest is kind of .. dreamy today. Just not with it. Have hand fed him and he trailed at a distance. Will see later. he is 15 and I dread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have an old dog kennel, big enough to fit two terriers in, that I need to get rid of. It would need a new roof but has insulation and a flap door. Would probably suit someone who has a feral cat needing shelter, or someone with need of a kennel who’s not worried about sticking a new roof on it. Dublin 8

The catcafe just opened then closed! love to see them all at least once a day....

Deluging and a high breeze out here. When I opened the door the tide of dripping cats flowed in, ate, then three ebbed out again.

great island cats! NB there is abundant shelter out there including 2 ruined sheds and a whole old empty cottage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Why don’t you just get someone to pet sit rather than sending them to a cattery.

My mate is going away next week & he was asking me to recommend a kennel for his young dog. I gave him the number for a girl I know that will stay in his house with the puppy while he’s away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Has anyone any thoughts on Susan Garret's recallers? I'm seriously tempted (I follow her on insta) and have been waiting for the class to open, but now that sign-up is here I'm getting cold feet as it is expensive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Why don’t you just get someone to pet sit rather than sending them to a cattery.

My mate is going away next week & he was asking me to recommend a kennel for his young dog. I gave him the number for a girl I know that will stay in his house with the puppy while he’s away.

I had thought about that, but I think they’d be more nervous with someone coming into their territory than being someplace new if that makes sense. I know that Cream, who is the most nervous, always gets on really well whenever he has to stay overnight in the vets but if someone who he doesn’t know is in the house he’s a nervous wreck even after their gone. The joys of scaredy-cats :o

Just upset my cats! I had opened the door to let one in and found myself assaulted by a veritable wall of midges... apparently the island is notorious.. Came in with bare feet and legs on fire and a crowd came in with me... grabbed the spray and the cats who were asleep, went ballistic...shot off the bed in all directions... :eek:

Praying for a wind.. need piriton... OUCH!

I had thought about that, but I think they’d be more nervous with someone coming into their territory than being someplace new if that makes sense. I know that Cream, who is the most nervous, always gets on really well whenever he has to stay overnight in the vets but if someone who he doesn’t know is in the house he’s a nervous wreck even after their gone. The joys of scaredy-cats :o

Makes sense.. the rare occasion anyone has had to care for mine ( eg hospital) they never get near them.

Just upset my cats! I had opened the door to let one in and found myself assaulted by a veritable wall of midges... apparently the island is notorious.. Came in with bare feet and legs on fire and a crowd came in with me... grabbed the spray and the cats who were asleep, went ballistic...shot off the bed in all directions... :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: indeed! My poor OH gets assaulted by them, so there are times he is covered in Piraton paste as he is knocked sideways when ingests one. He jokes it’s the only time he gets colour in his skin, being a ginger :)

em_cat wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek: indeed! My poor OH gets assaulted by them, so there are times he is covered in Piraton paste as he is knocked sideways when ingests one. He jokes it’s the only time he gets colour in his skin, being a ginger :)

dreadful critters. in parts of the US they call them noseeums. hate taking piriton during the day... heavy rain now so maybe they will get drowned! closing down anyways as bad day for me anyways.. tomorrow is another day.. grumble grouse grumble grouse! off to cuddle a cat or three

dreadful critters. in parts of the US they call them noseeums. hate taking piriton during the day... heavy rain now so maybe they will get drowned! closing down anyways as bad day for me anyways.. tomorrow is another day.. grumble grouse grumble grouse! off to cuddle a cat or three

Ahhh cuddle all the kitties, sorry you’ve not had a good day, & as you say tomorrow is another day :) could you try making a dense paste of a few tablets and apply to the bites? It works really well for my OH & then he doesn’t get too drowsy but looks funny:)

We’re being barraged with fireworks & for the life of me I don’t know why ??? Poor Mr C is in an awful state, it’s feckin’n sweltering at 32c in the apartment & Esmae is being very clingy because of Mr C barking ugh but I’ve got most of days of the week baby socks nearly finished.

Quiet morning after last night;s pyrotechnics. all are fed and all back out except the oldest who is snug under my bedcovers .. Peace!

Both the new small girls are now very very vocal and demanding! Wide pink mouths and huge golden eyes and LOUD!

Quiet morning after last night;s pyrotechnics. all are fed and all back out except the oldest who is snug under my bedcovers .. Peace!

Both the new small girls are now very very vocal and demanding! Wide pink mouths and huge golden eyes and LOUD!

Pyrotechnics???

Pyrotechnics???

tunder etc! Celestial fireworks..

Missing my dog suddenly these last days, expecting her to be here.. Never been like this since she died, late October last year, watched my neighbours 2 collies race across the field earlier,. and nio not thinking re getting another dog as am not well enough.. just strange is all..

• Advertisement

tunder etc! Celestial fireworks..

Oh, I love thunder & lightning & neither of ours are bothered by them. Have had a few kitties though that would do the super zoomies.

Oh, I love thunder & lightning & neither of ours are bothered by them. Have had a few kitties though that would do the super zoomies.

took in an abused collie years ago who was utterly traumatised by thunder. when I was out one day she broke two doors in, then took off for eleven days.

we left one rental over the crowbangers,, well two actually

Current cats would sleep through anything

"Current cats would sleep through anything"

Oh the irony!

Last night way out here in the Atlantic, deluges and a loud gale. and feline chaos... I had no sleep between the noise and trying to sort them out. Jacob vanished after his breakfast .. only returned at 4 am this morning, , yelled for room service then shot out again.. and I lost track of the frantic innings and outings and final vanishing of all five cats... Opening the door to call them was to get a cold bath. But such a storm it was worrying. Thought I would have t o go out in search of Jacob when it got light.

It seemed to energise them. All heading off in different directions... Need a long sleep tonight and hoping the wind will abate..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hi folks.

I couldn't find the animals and pets bargain alerts thread so I'll post this here. BOGOF on flea and worm treatments for cats and dogs plus many more bargains.
    I bought items and got it sent to parcel motel, no prescription was needed.

https://www.petshop.co.uk/Cat/Type/Flea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I saw a picture of a 6 week old collie x spaniel puppy today and I imagine the way I feel right now is how most women feel about baby pictures. I want to hug her and cuddle her and boop her little nose and smell her fuzzy puppy hair. I even want to watch her while she sleeps.

I don't have the time for a puppy right now. When do i get to stop working and fill my house with all the dogs?

was woken sometime in the night by VERY LOUD thunder, then a drumming deluge... My instinctive, unreasoned reaction was to burrow under the covers...so i did!

was woken sometime in the night by VERY LOUD thunder, then a drumming deluge... My instinctive, unreasoned reaction was to burrow under the covers...so i did!

Oh my, hope the kitties helped to keep you safe too. It’s just hot & humid making it impossible to sleep comfortably but at least it’s a wee bit cooler today.

Met some real crackers of very beautiful ex racing greyhounds today walking to end racing & hare coursing. Most baring the scars of such a life but living their BEST life now.

As much as I adore Esmae & and Mr C, the sheer delight being surrounded by such magnificent beings.

Walking Khali this evening and this group of little boys came over and ASKED could they please rub my dog. I told them they could and they were giving her lovely gentle pets. She gave one of them a lick and they asked does she only lick or does she ever bite. I said she only licks. So they started asking her to lick their hands. One of them asked her to sit then and I said 'oh your good with dogs aren't you' and he said 'well we've a dog at home too!' By the time their mum and sisters caught up they'd told me all about their little shih tzu who's very good and only licks and never bites too. Such adorable little fellas and it made me so SO happy that they asked could they rub her.

Often kids just launch themselves at her. Sometimes the parents even say thinks like oh look at the dog and encourage them to rub her without even consulting me. Fortunately Khalis fantastic with kids but it's worrying to see all the same. These boys were so sensible even though the youngest was about 5 and the eldest no more than 7 or 8. Cuuuute!!!

• Advertisement

Met some real crackers of very beautiful ex racing greyhounds today walking to end racing & hare coursing. Most baring the scars of such a life but living their BEST life now.

As much as I adore Esmae & and Mr C, the sheer delight being surrounded by such magnificent beings.

so good to read this; thank you. I ache to adopt but my mobility is far too limited these days and sinking rapidly etc. So I will revel in this post and others like it THANK YOU

Advertisement