Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Chit-Chat Thread

Options

Comments

One of my cats peed in the shower on two different occasions when the door to the room his litterbox is in was accidentally closed. It made me so happy! I just think it was really clever. Much better than peeing on a carpet or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

OMG the Jungle episode of Our Planet is AMAZING. Knew that late night impulse purchase of the new tele would be worth it .... eventually.

The piggies are hiding under the sofa & the pooches are watching with tilted heads...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just opened the door and the tide came in; all five cats one after the other....Feeding time obviously..

Last week I fell asleep with the door open, woke around 11 pm to the stench of tomcat.... stinkertom had taken advantage...

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just opened the door and the tide came in; all five cats one after the other....Feeding time obviously..

Last week I fell asleep with the door open, woke around 11 pm to the stench of tomcat.... stinkertom had taken advantage...

Gave me a giggle... Esmae woke us up really early the other day b/c of a Tom in the courtyard...

em_cat wrote: »
    Gave me a giggle... Esmae woke us up really early the other day b/c of a Tom in the courtyard...

stinkertom "sings" constantly too! he is getting very bold now.... lol

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Graces7 wrote: »

I've been sent this link twice now, with just my foster dog's name in the title.

It's been 10 months. I think people are getting desperate about the prospect of her ever getting a home...

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I've been sent this link twice now, with just my foster dog's name in the title.

It's been 10 months. I think people are getting desperate about the prospect of her ever getting a home...

Hope springs eternal... it just made me wonder how much real canine talent goes untapped? I have sometimes watched youtube's customs programmes and the sniffer dogs there are amazing . Drugs, food, cash, stowaways...

My new cat is one cute boy. I have a thick envelope stuffed into my letterbox to stop it rattling in the gale. The last gale tore the outside flap off... Cat has just "posted" the "letter" and knocked at the door to come in..

Meet Smudgie, ex street stray..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

With the stormy weather over the past few days, the tarpaulin cover I have on the cats outdoor run has been destroyed. So now I have 3 indoor cats with a lot of energy and am spending my days playing referee to their nonsense. I’ve discovered Cream fights dirty, and Peach and quell Moose’s attacks with a mere dirty look. Not that I’d place him for being afraid. She has the best resting b*tch face I’ve ever seen :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I have a dog with a Frozen tail today! We were on the beach yesterday & she just loves the water!

Froze the kongs & veg/ fruit bits for todays din dins, E’s is stuck to her & she’s on the cool mat already , C is having his under the sofa ‘cause that’s normal, B & H are popcorning from all the watermelon slices...and I’m making as many feckin anti fly candles as fast as I can...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

That photo of the poor dog on FB after being in kennels for 3 days (I won’t name them so as not to get anyone here in trouble) I can’t get my head around somebody doing that to somebody’s pet :(:(

Ball relay.... Esmae finds a tennis ball, brings it to me, I pop it over the back of the sofa, Mr C takes it when it rolls out and drops to Esmae and on it goes...never thought I’d see the day they would work together...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

tk123 wrote: »
    That photo of the poor dog on FB after being in kennels for 3 days (I won’t name them so as not to get anyone here in trouble) I can’t get my head around somebody doing that to somebody’s pet :(:(

I know, unfortunately things can happen, and a dog can die under someone else's care but to wrap the dog up in black pastic and duct tape in that way, I just do not understand it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

muddypaws wrote: »
    I know, unfortunately things can happen, and a dog can die under someone else's care but to wrap the dog up in black pastic and duct tape in that way, I just do not understand it at all

It's sick isn't it? I can't get my head around the "package":(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'm actually sitting here in shock in work after reading the story. How in the name of god can anyone do that.

I can't think of any other way to put it but was the dog in pieces/broken bones to fit into a ball like that!??! like WTF?! :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I didn't see it, but did they open the pagkage? I mean, are they sure it was actually their dog inside?

I didn't see it, but did they open the pagkage? I mean, are they sure it was actually their dog inside?

Their own vet scanned for a microchip and to be sure it was their dog and it says they sent it to UCD for autopsy but no mention of the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Their own vet scanned for a microchip and to be sure it was their dog and it says they sent it to UCD for autopsy but no mention of the results.

I've seen a couple of posts about the results but not sure if they are accurate. I won't say what I've seen as I believe it's now a legal matter.

More and more similar experiences are coming out and the owner is well known in the rescue world.

It’s terrible, I mean, just how much effort did it take to wrap the poor thing like that? I’m also just as shocked that the owner boarded the family pet with an ongoing issue like Colitis though. I couldn’t do it.

It’s terrible, I mean, just how much effort did it take to wrap the poor thing like that? I’m also just as shocked that the owner boarded the family pet with an ongoing issue like Colitis though. I couldn’t do it.

Victim blaming? Really? "just" as shocked they boarded a dog with an ongoing, non infectious, medically managed condition as they were to bundle her into an air mail package?

I'm just as shocked that you think the 2 are comparable incidents:confused::confused:.

Victim blaming? Really? "just" as shocked they boarded a dog with an ongoing, non infectious, medically managed condition as they were to bundle her into an air mail package?

I'm just as shocked that you think the 2 are comparable incidents:confused::confused:.

Ouch. TD;LR

No, I don’t think they are comparable at all, but I do know how quickly colitis can go down hill if not managed correctly, so yes I do wonder why someone would board their pet while being treated for a flare up.

That’s not victim blaming, the owner publicised the fact.

Its deplorable how the pet was returned to the owners, thought that was pretty obvious, but facts are facts and as of yet none of us know anything more than what we all see on fb or reddit.

I’ve heard horrible stuff about the place and know plenty of ppl who use their grooming services, so yeah I’d avoid them like the plague, but still not going make a judgement based on some fb post.

Anyone who has that level of experience running a kennel and 'rescue' / smuggling dogs over to the UK would be well able to handle a bout of colitis and administer medicine and I'm sure the owner would have been assured it wasn't going to be a problem. My boss was in hospital for it a couple of weeks ago and I joked with him that I would have had him sorted in 24 hours if he was a dog because I have everything on hand in case of emergency :p

And it's a little more than one fb post - it's in mainstream media now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

The dog’s owner was on liveline today so anyone can listen back for details of health issues, cause of death etc. if you wish.

Anyone who has that level of experience running a kennel and 'rescue' / smuggling dogs over to the UK would be well able to handle a bout of colitis and administer medicine and I'm sure the owner would have been assured it wasn't going to be a problem. My boss was in hospital for it a couple of weeks ago and I joked with him that I would have had him sorted in 24 hours if he was a dog because I have everything on hand in case of emergency :p

And it's a little more than one fb post - it's in mainstream media now.

Wasn’t just a bout of colitis. It was a severe flare up. There’s a big difference between that and maintenance.

That’s not to take away from what happened; receiving your pet in that way would be horrific beyond belief.

The ‘main stream media’ are also saying that the owner of the boarding kennels was told the pet had Parvo so what are we meant to believe?

Ouch. TD;LR

No, I don’t think they are comparable at all, but I do know how quickly colitis can go down hill if not managed correctly, so yes I do wonder why someone would board their pet while being treated for a flare up.

That’s not victim blaming, the owner publicised the fact.

Its deplorable how the pet was returned to the owners, thought that was pretty obvious, but facts are facts and as of yet none of us know anything more than what we all see on fb or reddit.

I’ve heard horrible stuff about the place and know plenty of ppl who use their grooming services, so yeah I’d avoid them like the plague, but still not going make a judgement based on some fb post.

Your levels of "shock" were comparable. You victim blamed for leaving the dog in the first place, yet the dogs colitis was well under control. And the kennels were informed of the medication that was necessary.

If a dog in a kennels care was becoming unwell, there should be somebody present to monitor the situation and bring the dog to the vet if necessary. Hell, the kennels even have "Dog Ambulance" printed all over their van!! But the dog was very obviously neglected, most likely not administered medication, possibly denied food and water to avoid having to clean up after a bout of diarrhea.

So now you're not going to make a judgement based on a FB post, yet you judge the owners - based on a FB post. :rolleyes: I think that rolls eyes emoji just sums your post right up.

Wasn’t just a bout of colitis. It was a severe flare up. There’s a big difference between that and maintenance.

So you know that as "fact" seeing as you are so set on them in this situation. Do you personally know the owner, or the kennels? Or shock horror, are you just going "on a fb post"?

That’s not to take away from what happened; receiving your pet in that way would be horrific beyond belief.
    That's pretty much what we've been saying all along, yet you've been victim blaming and standing up for the caregivers because you take fb posts with a "pinch of salt"

The ‘main stream media’ are also saying that the owner of the boarding kennels was told the pet had Parvo so what are we meant to believe?
    What else is he going to say? Parvo has not been mentioned at all until that quote was attributed to him. And why didn't he tell that to the owner, why didn't he contact the owner prior to collection, or even prepare her for the shock of seeing her dog like that.

This isn't the only story coming out of here, so even those with the sorest of behinds from sitting on that neutral fence need to take the blinkers off.

• Advertisement

Your levels of "shock" were comparable. You victim blamed for leaving the dog in the first place, yet the dogs colitis was well under control. And the kennels were informed of the medication that was necessary.

If a dog in a kennels care was becoming unwell, there should be somebody present to monitor the situation and bring the dog to the vet if necessary. Hell, the kennels even have "Dog Ambulance" printed all over their van!! But the dog was very obviously neglected, most likely not administered medication, possibly denied food and water to avoid having to clean up after a bout of diarrhea.

So now you're not going to make a judgement based on a FB post, yet you judge the owners - based on a FB post. :rolleyes: I think that rolls eyes emoji just sums your post right up.

I wasn’t victim blaming, I was making an observation and giving an opinion about myself.

I knew about this incident when it happened, a few months ago so no I’m not basing anything off a fb post and yes I’d agree that there is definitely something very fishy and looks as though the bk are trying to hide something.

Theres been a lot of negative stories in the past about the BK & their treatment of the animals in their care in the social sphere before this incident not to mention his puppy farming past.

Anyway, I have nothing but empathy for the owners but, & there always is a but with me, I suspect that there will be a claim of misunderstanding the medical needs considering the owner communicated her needs via messanger although she did also state she signed a waiver so something is definitely off.

I hope the owners take it court so that there is clarity provided and they get the clarity they need for closure but since hearing their life line segment it’s possible they won’t get very far in the courts bc the first thing a solicitor will advise is to stay off social media.

IMO It’s the social media mob mentality thats passing judgment, not me.

Advertisement