Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Got a response to my query, basically said they are busy and if it was urgent I was to call them with details of the house sale and they would look at it immediately. It isn't urgent so I will just wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jr1942

Markitron wrote: »
    Got a response to my query, basically said they are busy and if it was urgent I was to call them with details of the house sale and they would look at it immediately. It isn't urgent so I will just wait.
    I wrote in the query how we are just waiting on a code to finish up the purchase/mortgage, hope that will do. :confused: Really hoping to get that today. Pending for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

jr1942 wrote: »
    I wrote in the query how we are just waiting on a code to finish up the purchase/mortgage, hope that will do. :confused: Really hoping to get that today. Pending for a while now

This is the exact response they gave me:

Dear Sir,

Your application is currently under review. We currently have a large volume of Help to Buy applications to be processed. We are unable to give a timeframe on how long it will take to process individual applications.

All applications will be processed in rotation depending on the date the application was made.

If approval of your Help to Buy Application is required to close a sale or if you are imminently needing to sign a contract. you should upload the following via My Enquiries:

-Property details, the name of the contractor and their contact details
    -Copy of mortgage Approval in principle

Once forwarded you should ring the Revenue helpline on 01 7383636 and inform the agent that you need your application approved and that you have uploaded the information required. They will check the documentation, if everything is in order, they will contact the relevant section and your application will be looked at.

Kind regards,

If you are waiting on it to finalise your sale, I suggest you do what it says and call them immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dottedline92

General question regarding new homes and the booking deposits: if the amount we have to pay is, let's say, 2k or 3k to secure the house and go into sale agreed, can that amount be paid from the 10% we referred to the bank as our deposit for the house? Just want to make sure I have all the extra amounts into account before agreeing to anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

General question regarding new homes and the booking deposits: if the amount we have to pay is, let's say, 2k or 3k to secure the house and go into sale agreed, can that amount be paid from the 10% we referred to the bank as our deposit for the house? Just want to make sure I have all the extra amounts into account before agreeing to anything...

Yes, just let the bank know that specific transaction on your statement was a booking deposit for the property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Yes. Booking deposit and HTB is accounted towards the 10% deposit on a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

Markitron wrote: »
    This is the exact response they gave me:

Dear Sir,

Your application is currently under review. We currently have a large volume of Help to Buy applications to be processed. We are unable to give a timeframe on how long it will take to process individual applications.

All applications will be processed in rotation depending on the date the application was made.

If approval of your Help to Buy Application is required to close a sale or if you are imminently needing to sign a contract. you should upload the following via My Enquiries:

-Property details, the name of the contractor and their contact details
    -Copy of mortgage Approval in principle

Once forwarded you should ring the Revenue helpline on 01 7383636 and inform the agent that you need your application approved and that you have uploaded the information required. They will check the documentation, if everything is in order, they will contact the relevant section and your application will be looked at.

Kind regards,

If you are waiting on it to finalise your sale, I suggest you do what it says and call them immediately.

i called them around 12 noon, and my HTB was approved by 1 PM...

i called them around 12 noon, and my HTB was approved by 1 PM...
    Did the same - even earlier, no updates yet, fingers crossed.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭on_the_roots

Got my HTB approval today after submitting proof of house biding + AIP and a call to Revenue to prioritize the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'll be honest I do feel quite bad about all my panicking about my HTB application last week and how long it was taking while I'm only starting the process, and there are people with their actual house purchase on the line :o

• Advertisement

I'll be honest I do feel quite bad about all my panicking about my HTB application last week and how long it was taking while I'm only starting the process, and there are people with their actual house purchase on the line :o

You can always cancel it haha and request it in a week or two :P:P

You can always cancel it haha and request it in a week or two :P:P

Nah I'll wait :P:)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

I am waiting too, Training my patience ☺️😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sdunne92

We are now at claim stage. Does anyone know how long this takes or is expected to take given delays already this year?

Is there a way of tracking the claim i.e. after developer approves and when refund is paid? I can't see it on my account (either in HTB section or my enquiries).

Thanks

Hey FYI
    I cancelled my application and reapplied and I got my amount approved

Milena009 wrote: »
    Hey FYI
    As in instantly/automatically or took a while?
    Actually checking mine dont even have that option.

As in instantly/automatically or took a while?
    Actually checking mine dont even have that option.

Immediately.
    Could it be that your partner is the one who originated the claim? For me my BF had to cancel on his acc before we could reapply

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

My application is pending for the following reasons.
    Income Tax Return not filed 2017 2018
    Statement of Liability not requested

I have filed my income tax return and requested my statement for these years but it comes up as :

“We are processing your most recent request . Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly.”

Has anybody experienced this ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Corkgirl20 wrote: »

I have filed my income tax return and requested my statement for these years but it comes up as :

“We are processing your most recent request . Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly.”

Did you recently request it? If so, it takes some time before you can see the document. You will see popup “We are processing your most recent request . Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly.” meanwhile.

Renjit wrote: »
    Did you recently request it? If so, it takes some time before you can see the document. You will see popup “We are processing your most recent request . Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly.” meanwhile.

I requested it last week, might just be a waiting game so. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Immediately.
    Could it be that your partner is the one who originated the claim? For me my BF had to cancel on his acc before we could reapply

Nope, no such option for either of us.
    I am getting that awaiting member confirmation message, but they explained on the phone thats fine.
    Getting impatient now because it's stalling everything else now :(

Corkgirl20 wrote: »

HTB is based on the taxes of last 4 years for you then 2017 2018 2019 2020
    If the taxes for 2017 2018 havent been reviewed/confirmed then you can't calculate HTB. Thats standard, you need to reapply once you hear back for 2017 and 2018, usually doesnt take more than 2, 3 days unless you had some high claims because then the person actually reviews it and they might ask you for proofs etc. Ie if you are claiming a huge amount in medical expenses and its not really visible it went out of your account etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭This is it

I requested SOL for 19 and 20 last week and it took about 2 days, really quick turnaround

Hey FYI

I don't seem to have an option to cancel anymore, it just has thew view application button at the moment.

I'm in no major rush at the moment so don't mind waiting. I got a reply to my query from Revenue yesterday to say it's under review so knowing it's on the radar at least is good.

Guys who got it approved, did you get an email of some sort or had kept logging in to check it?
    I need it asap and keep logging in every now and then to check which is fairly annoying, unless its an email then I can just forget about it till i get that.

HTB is based on the taxes of last 4 years for you then 2017 2018 2019 2020
    If the taxes for 2017 2018 havent been reviewed/confirmed then you can't calculate HTB. Thats standard, you need to reapply once you hear back for 2017 and 2018, usually doesnt take more than 2, 3 days unless you had some high claims because then the person actually reviews it and they might ask you for proofs etc. Ie if you are claiming a huge amount in medical expenses and its not really visible it went out of your account etc.

Thank you, I have no claims. I’m a teacher so it’s pretty straight for me. I honestly didn’t even know before this that I should be submitting tax returns. I’m not in a major rush so as long as it comes in the next 2 weeks I’ll be fine.
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dottedline92

Guys who got it approved, did you get an email of some sort or had kept logging in to check it?
    I need it asap and keep logging in every now and then to check which is fairly annoying, unless its an email then I can just forget about it till i get that.

<I got 3 emails from Revenue, 1 letting me know they replied to my enquiry and filled as complete and two others letting me know of the approval for the HTB (regarding codes, etc).

I have the cancellation option there now, unlike before... not sure if I should cancel it now or not and request again,.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sdunne92

Has anyone claiming 2020 taxes received the refund yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

My HTB approved today. Applied on 18th Jan.

Advertisement