Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

No error anymore on my side. It's coming up as under review, I have an application number, and it shows my fiance's name and PPS and under that it says "Awaiting Membership Confirmation", so now we're both seeing the same thing.

Progress at least :)

Yea I am seeing the same now, any ideas on how long the review process takes these days? I first applied in April or May last year and it was pretty much instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea I am seeing the same now, any ideas on how long the review process takes these days? I first applied in April or May last year and it was pretty much instant.

Going by my call yesterday it might take a day or 2. They're going through the applications and checking what tax liabilities apply (discounting anything related to covid payments), and they're prioritising urgent cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

No error anymore on my side. It's coming up as under review, I have an application number, and it shows my fiance's name and PPS and under that it says "Awaiting Membership Confirmation", so now we're both seeing the same thing.

Progress at least :)

Ah, so for me it went like this:
    My partner created the application - choose his years-> fine
    I had initially the error with years - shown as my membership pending
    Now, the year's error is fixed but on both side is '' under review' but also my membership is still pending? :eek::eek:

Milena009 wrote: »
    Ah, so for me it went like this:
    My partner created the application - choose his years-> fine
    I had initially the error with years - shown as my membership pending
    Now, the year's error is fixed but on both side is '' under review' but also my membership is still pending? :eek::eek:

I think the tech team are still working through some gremlins in the system. Give it another couple of days and keep an eye on your "My Enquiries" for an update.

Had you or your partner any covid related tax on your SOL? That seems to be what's throwing things off. My partner hadn't any and his whole process has gone swimmingly so far.

I think the tech team are still working through some gremlins in the system. Give it another couple of days and keep an eye on your "My Enquiries" for an update.

Had you or your partner any covid related tax on your SOL? That seems to be what's throwing things off. My partner hadn't any and his whole process has gone swimmingly so far.

Hi, No no EWSS or other Covid support payment.
    I will keep an eye :)

It is surprising how many little gremlins there are in system that happen each year :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭on_the_roots

I also have my case "under review", already phoned them twice this week, they checked everything and said I have no under/over payment and the issue is not known by the Revenue front line agents.

I also have selling agents on my neck, waiting for this application. Stressful!

I also have my case "under review", already phoned them twice this week, they checked everything and said I have no under/over payment and the issue is not known by the Revenue front line agents.

I also have selling agents on my neck, waiting for this application. Stressful!
    Apparently it's due to volume of applications
    Should be resolved tomorrow/ phone them Monday if not I was told 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bdos1

Submitted our HTB application on Tuesday the 19th of Jan... as of today 22nd of Jan it's still 'Under Review'. Hoping to get the result by Monday..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,421 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have submitted a joint application.

I have my application code, and my partner is in the 'Awaiting membership confirmation' phase. What exactly does this mean? Is there something on our side we have to do, or just wait?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭This is it

I'm onto EBS at the moment, really just putting out feelers to figure out what exactly is required from us with a view to buying late this year. At what stage should we be applying for HTB?

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    I'm onto EBS at the moment, really just putting out feelers to figure out what exactly is required from us with a view to buying late this year. At what stage should we be applying for HTB?

We're in the early stages too, talking to different lenders and coming down to looking at the AIP process.

We were advised to apply for it now. If you need it, it's there and ready to go, if you don't, nothing lost.

Fitz* wrote: »
    I have submitted a joint application.

I have my application code, and my partner is in the 'Awaiting membership confirmation' phase. What exactly does this mean? Is there something on our side we have to do, or just wait?

TIA

Nothing else you can do at the moment really. They're working through a backlog of applications and are prioritising urgent cases (people waiting to draw down).
    If your partner logs in on their side they will see the same thing under your name in the group.

Once they get to you they're just going to check through your application and the requested years to make sure you have anything you needed to pay off for those years cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

This is it wrote: »

There is no reason not to do it straight away. It is one of the few things you can get out of the way whilst saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 valarmorghulis

Hi

Can anyone explain why HTB and the new shared equity scheme are just for new builds. The majority of first time buyers cant afford new builds, none are in central areas and the 30k has already been inflated onto the price by developers.

The only new builds I can see in Dublin under 300k are in Balbriggan,(which is nearly in Louth) and these are 2 beds. There are 2 beds existing properties in the city centre for 250-275k but are about 30-40k outside of my budget.

Is anyone else frustrated that there is no supports for the majority of people out there who cant afford new builds.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dottedline92

Hi

Can anyone explain why HTB and the new shared equity scheme are just for new builds. The majority of first time buyers cant afford new builds, none are in central areas and the 30k has already been inflated onto the price by developers.

The only new builds I can see in Dublin under 300k are in Balbriggan,(which is nearly in Louth) and these are 2 beds. There are 2 beds existing properties in the city centre for 250-275k but are about 30-40k outside of my budget.

Is anyone else frustrated that there is no supports for the majority of people out there who cant afford new builds.

Thanks

When we were looking for new builds, we already knew we had to look for homes that are an hour away from Dublin. I know that sometimes that doesnºt suit everyone's needs since some people might have to work early or late shifts and the budget will always be a problem. There are a couple of new properties near Dublin, but they are apartments and after renting a 1 bedroom apartment for 5 years, we now want to have an actual house, in a quiet area and less noisy neighbors. I think that everything here that's near the city center gets labeled as luxury living so that the prices go way above what the property is actually worth. The costs are definitely not for the quality of the build or space, it's literally just because of location.... We are willing to sacrifice a 2-hour commute every day for a bit of peace and quiet when we get home, but, again, that's all depending on the lifestyle you have and what expectations you have of the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 valarmorghulis

When we were looking for new builds, we already knew we had to look for homes that are an hour away from Dublin. I know that sometimes that doesnºt suit everyone's needs since some people might have to work early or late shifts and the budget will always be a problem. There are a couple of new properties near Dublin, but they are apartments and after renting a 1 bedroom apartment for 5 years, we now want to have an actual house, in a quiet area and less noisy neighbors. I think that everything here that's near the city center gets labeled as luxury living so that the prices go way above what the property is actually worth. The costs are definitely not for the quality of the build or space, it's literally just because of location.... We are willing to sacrifice a 2-hour commute every day for a bit of peace and quiet when we get home, but, again, that's all depending on the lifestyle you have and what expectations you have of the future.

Fair play for making that sacrifice, for me the stress of 10 hours commuting a week (or a 6 day week) is not worth the back garden for me, altho remote working could be a godsend for people like yourself who were making those journeys.

I understand completely re the space and the peace and quiet.

The only issue is that you type in the following budgets on daft for new builds you get
    250k budget- 76 properties in Ireland
    275k buudget-116 properties in Ireland
    300k buudget-155 properties in Ireland

That really shows to me how useless HTB and the shared equity scheme is for the majority of the country, 76 houses in the entire country under 250k

The locations are Portlaoise, Stamullen,Drogheda,Tullamore,midleton,Tramore,Dungarvan. This means I'd need to buy a car (petrol,tax,insurance,depreciation).

There are a grand total of 2 new build properties in Co. Dublin under 300k, a 2 bed in Skerries for 265k and 2bed in Clongriffin for 235k.

I always heard the day you buy is the day you sell and location,location,location. My goal is to buy a starter property and then the "forever home". The aim would be pay it down in 10-15 years and if thats the aim its probably best buying a good location rather than a new build in the middle of nowhere.

Very hard to know, but appreciate the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

Apparently it's due to volume of applications
    Should be resolved tomorrow/ phone them Monday if not I was told ��

i received a response to my Query - however my application is still under review...did anyone's application get confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭This is it

Fair play for making that sacrifice, for me the stress of 10 hours commuting a week (or a 6 day week) is not worth the back garden for me, altho remote working could be a godsend for people like yourself who were making those journeys.

I understand completely re the space and the peace and quiet.

The only issue is that you type in the following budgets on daft for new builds you get
    250k budget- 76 properties in Ireland
    275k buudget-116 properties in Ireland
    300k buudget-155 properties in Ireland

That really shows to me how useless HTB and the shared equity scheme is for the majority of the country, 76 houses in the entire country under 250k

The locations are Portlaoise, Stamullen,Drogheda,Tullamore,midleton,Tramore,Dungarvan. This means I'd need to buy a car (petrol,tax,insurance,depreciation).

There are a grand total of 2 new build properties in Co. Dublin under 300k, a 2 bed in Skerries for 265k and 2bed in Clongriffin for 235k.

I always heard the day you buy is the day you sell and location,location,location. My goal is to buy a starter property and then the "forever home". The aim would be pay it down in 10-15 years and if thats the aim its probably best buying a good location rather than a new build in the middle of nowhere.

Very hard to know, but appreciate the feedback.

It's developments, not single houses. So 76 developments at €250k. That could be 1 house left in some developments or 20+ in a newer one.

I do understand your frustration though. I believe the reasoning is the more people that want to use the help to buy the greater the demand is for new houses in turn giving an incentive for developers to build new houses.

Unfortunately for some Dublin is a huge commercial hub and everything central to it will be more expensive, getting less expensive the further you are from it. I don't know anyone specific budgets but you'll get 3 bed semi detached on the commuter belt. Dunshaughlin for example, €323k and about 40 minutes to an hour depending on traffic from city centre. Not terrible. Plenty of buses too if you don't drive.

i received a response to my Query - however my application is still under review...did anyone's application get confirmed?

Mine is under review as well too ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hi

Thanks

It's purely down to two things.

1. There's a shortage of homes in Ireland (both houses and apartments).
    2. The HTB is an incentive to builders to build more new properties to service point 1.

Incentivising the purchase of 2nd hand properties doesn't fix the shortage as the the people selling for you to move in ultimately have to buy a house elsewhere and property stock remains the same.

It's a **** situation if your finances or buying power or doesn't allow you to get a property in your budget but bigger picture style we need more homes in Ireland. More homes means more affordable prices (well I'd like to think so, won't know the reality until we get there).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

If you’re waiting to sign a contract or draw down, call revenue and ask them to expedite it. They’ll ask you for justification (just explain you’re under pressure to sign). They should get back to you via my enquiries and ask you for proof - probably your AIP letter and property details. Once you upload them, they should push it through quick enough.

Best of luck all!

I got a response to my enquiry and my approval an hour ago!
    Didn't know Revenue worked during the weekends lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jr1942

I got a response to my enquiry and my approval an hour ago!
    Didn't know Revenue worked during the weekends lol...

And you have been checking yday and there have been no updates?
    Good to know.

jr1942 wrote: »
    Good to know.

Ah, I just checked mine. Still under review 😮😎
    Hopefully will get update soon too.
    They closed my enquiry just saying they are working through cases

Ah, I just checked mine. Still under review ����
    Hopefully will get update soon too.
    They closed my enquiry just saying they are working through cases
    Yeah hopefully they sort them out today/Monday - also waiting on a code to forward to the builder.
    Either way good to know they work weekends, shouldn't be more than few days then.

100% agree, plus very often you will get 2 hour commute even if in around the city center so not a huge difference anyways.

jr1942 wrote: »
    Good to know.

Yep, checked all day yesterday and nothing came across. Had to ask our lender to give us a letter of approval for the loan with the added condition of the approval of application for the HTB, but I guess we don't need that now.
    It's been mentioned before, I'd definitely recommend sending an enquiry!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭on_the_roots

Yep, checked all day yesterday and nothing came across. Had to ask our lender to give us a letter of approval for the loan with the added condition of the approval of application for the HTB, but I guess we don't need that now.
    It's been mentioned before, I'd definitely recommend sending an enquiry!

You have to keep in touch with you selling agent. Lenders have nothing to do with HTB.

If you are already bound to a house, send proof of booking deposit and AIP to Revenue via enquiry and they will prioritize your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Still under review :pac:

• Advertisement

Renjit wrote: »
    Still under review :pac:

Seems HTb site crashed 😅

Advertisement