Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beefyor1983

Main SOL is in. Help to buy now under review...
    Wow that was quick no messing with revenue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Help to Buy Application

Acknowledgement
    Your application is currently under review.

I didn't even have a chance to choose years a want to claim tax from.. apparently it is automatic process to process year 2020 this is why it went under review straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Mine is still pending... hopefully get sorted today

Edit: Getting a “We’re sorry” error message now when I click on Help To Buy

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Mine is still pending... hopefully get sorted today

Edit: Getting a “We’re sorry” error message now when I click on Help To Buy

I'm getting now the same error message "We're sorry"..

BaguMka wrote: »
    I'm getting now the same error message "We're sorry"..
    Error message here also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

Error message here also.

Try it again later, I had the same issue a week or so back

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

We applied for the HTB about a year ago and got it but never went to mortgage approval.
    We both got better permanent jobs and have the best part of a years employment in 2020 with better pay, more tax paid etc. When we applied for the HTB again we got offered less than the previous time. We were sure we would get to avail of more with the HTB increase.

just pete wrote: »
    We applied for the HTB about a year ago and got it but never went to mortgage approval.
    We both got better permanent jobs and have the best part of a years employment in 2020 with better pay, more tax paid etc. When we applied for the HTB again we got offered less than the previous time. We were sure we would get to avail of more with the HTB increase.
    You can't have 2020 year thats what we are all waiting to clear. Cancel and re apply

Acknowledgement
    Your application is currently under review

Again this message

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

Posting in right thread 😂
    Hi all,
    So my personal SOL shows underpayment of 0.01€
    I tried applying for HTB however I got issue error *we have issues processing your request at the moment"
    Any ideas if I need to solve underpayment before HTB?

• Advertisement

Milena009 wrote: »
    Posting in right thread 😂
    Hi all,
    So my personal SOL shows underpayment of 0.01€
    I tried applying for HTB however I got issue error *we have issues processing your request at the moment"
    Any ideas if I need to solve underpayment before HTB?
    Hi everyone's help to buy is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭newhouse87

If i was approved for help to buy nov 2020, do i need to re-apply again now?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

newhouse87 wrote: »

When you log in and view your application what expiry date does it have? they usually expire at the end of the calendar year.

If you want to include 2020 yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭newhouse87

i will just email them, reckon calendar year seems right though, thats a bit of a dose as i have given mortgage the help to buy number months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

Hi everyone's help to buy is the same.

I had an overpayment, so technically I do not owe any tax as per SOL...My wife was able to raise an HTB request as a group, however when I try joining it - I get an error saying "Something went wrong"...I am guessing others are facing a similar problem, I have raised an Enquiry as well..Will wait to hear from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Does anybody know if you repay an underpayment of tax (€600 due to being on TWSS) for 2020 tax year outright now, will it be included in your HTB 2020 tax amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

I see my group application in status "Your application is currently under review" under both of us accounts.

But I also see "Awaiting membership confirmation" under other group members. Doesn't matter if I login with my user id or my spouse. This status is there. Is it ok?

Renjit wrote: »
    I see my group application in status "Your application is currently under review" under both of us accounts.

But I also see "Awaiting membership confirmation" under other group members. Doesn't matter if I login with my user id or my spouse. This status is there. Is it ok?
    Yes I think awaiting membership is always there when being processed. Once processed that will clear also

i will just email them, reckon calendar year seems right though, thats a bit of a dose as i have given mortgage the help to buy number months ago.

As long as the developer hasn't "drawn down" from the HTB it's a 5 minute job to cancel and re-apply (at least it was when I done it in 2018). Also don't underestimate how long a builder will wait to get extra money (If applicable) if you're total that can be claimed changes due to 2020's inclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

As long as the developer hasn't "drawn down" from the HTB it's a 5 minute job to cancel and re-apply (at least it was when I done it in 2018). Also don't underestimate how long a builder will wait to get extra money (If applicable) if you're total that can be claimed changes due to 2020's inclusion.

Shouldn't the contract signing date also be in 2021 to claim 2020 tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

I may be misunderstanding? but the builder gets the same regardless - financed by you/mortgage instead of HTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 C575

Hi all,

Just spoke to Revenue PAYE help desk and they advised underpayments need to be made before the HTB application can proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

C575 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just spoke to Revenue PAYE help desk and they advised underpayments need to be made before the HTB application can proceed.

I called them as well :) however my underpayment is just 0.01 so they treat is as rounding error and should be able to proceed.
    I do have issue with HTB however it's linked to 2019 as it was half Income tax half PAYE

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Hi all,

I have an underpayment of €1300 from the WSS that they won't start taking until January next year over 4 years, does that mean my options are to pay that €1300 in bulk now or not include 2020 to be able to proceed with my HTB application this year?

Milena009 wrote: »
    I called them as well :) however my underpayment is just 0.01 so they treat is as rounding error and should be able to proceed.
    I do have issue with HTB however it's linked to 2019 as it was half Income tax half PAYE

:)
    I was overpayment and mine is through just now. Good luck to you all hope you get sorted quick

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dottedline92

Hi all,

Thanks, I was wondering the same as my partner had an underpayment due to being laid-off and receiving the Covid unemployment payment. He was expecting to have to pay a lot more than what is stated in the SOL, but made the payment now anyway....

Do you reckon the review process will take more or less a week or so?

donnaille wrote: »
    I may be misunderstanding? but the builder gets the same regardless - financed by you/mortgage instead of HTB.

In the end yes, in my scenario the builder got my HTB a 6-8 weeks before they got the rest. If my HTB value increased due to my 2020 tax year and they'll now get an extra 5k, they'll wait quite happily. Builders love cashflow.

Thanks, I was wondering the same as my partner had an underpayment due to being laid-off and receiving the Covid unemployment payment. He was expecting to have to pay a lot more than what is stated in the SOL, but made the payment now anyway....

Do you reckon the review process will take more or less a week or so?

I think they need to accept the payment and issue a new SOL before the application can be processed. I asked on the phone if it would be best to cancel the current application and resubmit after the payment was made but she said it will automatically update.

Hopefully it won't take too long! Last year it only took two days for ours to process

• Advertisement

I have an underpayment of €1300 from the WSS that they won't start taking until January next year over 4 years, does that mean my options are to pay that €1300 in bulk now or not include 2020 to be able to proceed with my HTB application this year?

I was wondering too, that's why I phoned!
    I know my partner had an underpayment last year for 2017, which he had to pay in order to proceed with the application. I know to apply for the help to buy, your tax needs to be paid up to date so not sure if leaving out 2020 will make a difference to the application as you may still have to pay.

When I phoned PAYE helpline they just said the underpayment would have to be made before the application is processed.

If you want to double check, just give them a call or to include 2020 pay off the 1300 owed.

National PAYE Helpline

01 738 3636

09:30 - 13:30

Advertisement