Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CKenna

I applied 2 weeks ago and it still says awaiting membership confirmation on my page and my partner's is this normal? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

CKenna wrote: »
    I applied 2 weeks ago and it still says awaiting membership confirmation on my page and my partner's is this normal? Thanks

Going by my timeline above (applied on the 14th and my partner's status updated to confirmed today) you should have an update on that in the next couple of days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sumaire

Milena009 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    It is likely not a mistake.
    You can easily get tax clearance certificate Manage my records - > tax clearance -> reason: Grant.

I had to do same and I am PAYE :)
    Thanks Milena.

The Tax Clearance Cert piece is all sorted now.
    Manage my records - > tax clearance -> reason: Grant.

Just awaiting my partners profile to move from 'Awaiting membership confirmation' to 'confirmed', to our knowledge all is in order with our affairs, so hopefully this will come through soon. Thanks to all for the progress updates, it's great to see there is movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sdunne92

Has anyone received the refund yet? Our developer verified the claim on 22nd January but has still not received the funds. So much for 5-7 days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dpham178

sdunne92 wrote: »
    Has anyone received the refund yet? Our developer verified the claim on 22nd January but has still not received the funds. So much for 5-7 days!!

Hi, did you get notified by the system when the developer verified the claim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Hi everyone. Quick question, is this scheme only for new properties that have never been lived in before? I bought my first home last year and I am just trying to see if there is any sort of rebate or incentive for me. Property was built around 15 years ago.

No nothing, they just said they had claimed it and are waiting to get the refund now..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mutley18 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Quick question, is this scheme only for new properties that have never been lived in before? I bought my first home last year and I am just trying to see if there is any sort of rebate or incentive for me. Property was built around 15 years ago.

Nope, the scheme is to incentivise the building of more homes which Ireland desperately needs. The buying of second hand homes really just shuffles people from one home to another (for the most part) and doesn’t increase the housing stock and therefore isn’t incentivised.

It’s also not applicable to retroactively apply even if it’s a new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

dpham178 wrote: »
    Hi, did you get notified by the system when the developer verified the claim?

Yes - I did get an update on HTB and My Enquires saying my claim was verified by the solicitor/builder...I am assuming it will be the builder, although I am not sure how I can track if they have received the refund or not.

Yes - I did get an update on HTB and My Enquires saying my claim was verified by the solicitor/builder...I am assuming it will be the builder, although I am not sure how I can track if they have received the refund or not.

Was there a delay or was it immediate? Bit concerned now I haven’t received the notification through myenquiries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭elchupanebrey

I'd be interested in some opinions on the following scenario.

I have 120000 savings. I'm potentialy looking at buying a house for 280000. Have AIP for 200000. I have also been approved for HTB. Is it feasible to borrow 196000(=70%) from the bank at their variable rate in order to utilise the HTB, and then pay off another bit of the mortgage and avail of a fixed rate with lower repayments

Just trying to figure out if this is an option thats available to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭This is it

I have 120000 savings. I'm potentialy looking at buying a house for 280000. Have AIP for 200000. I have also been approved for HTB. Is it feasible to borrow 196000(=70%) from the bank at their variable rate in order to utilise the HTB, and then pay off another bit of the mortgage and avail of a fixed rate with lower repayments

So pay off a chunk of your mortgage straightaway on the variable and move to fixed? I don't believe it'll be an issue but I don't know how long you'd have to wait to change from variable to fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

Why not given you have AIP for 4k more... any bank should be biting your hand off with the cash you have to bring to the table. That being said, dont be quick to part with it either. You've AIP for 200k. Your mortgage will be the cheapest money you ever be able to borrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Anyone have a phone number that will actually put you through to someone to get some help with your application and not a answering machine. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

sdunne92 wrote: »
    Was there a delay or was it immediate? Bit concerned now I haven’t received the notification through myenquiries

I got the codes from HTB on THursday, and shared with my Solicitor on THrusday night....He would have passed on to the Builder's Solicitor on Friday, and the builder would have checked/verified it on Monday morning.. I got a note on Monday morning from Enquires then about the vertification

"Help To Buy Claim
    Your Help to Buy Claim has been verified by your solicitor or building contractor. Your HTB refund will issue in due course."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lhrd

Myself and my partner applied for the help to buy last year and we were approved for 27k within a few days. We didn't buy last year and obv the application expired in Dec and we applied again on 6th of January and we are still waiting. He applied and I accepted on my side, however mine says we have gone to review and his says its still awaiting my confirmation. I have called the office and emailed my enquiries but haven't got a reply.. Does anyone know if there are any delays I'm nervous even though I know all our taxes are in order!!! Thanks so much for your advice in advance.. L

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Lhrd wrote: »
    Myself and my partner applied for the help to buy last year and we were approved for 27k within a few days. We didn't buy last year and obv the application expired in Dec and we applied again on 6th of January and we are still waiting. He applied and I accepted on my side, however mine says we have gone to review and his says its still awaiting my confirmation. I have called the office and emailed my enquiries but haven't got a reply.. Does anyone know if there are any delays I'm nervous even though I know all our taxes are in order!!! Thanks so much for your advice in advance.. L

It seems to all be going slow at the moment. The WSS and PUP tax liabilities with the 2020 tax returns seem to have been slowing things down as they're not (according to a guy I spoke to at Revenue) taking into account tax liabilities related to Covid payments, so any applicants who has any liabilities they have to check through what's owed now and later. A big backlog has formed as a result and they're prioritising people who are at the final stages of a house sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

It's really starting to annoy me how long this is taking. It's holding everything up for me.

I've messaged them twice over the last few weeks and got no response.

I got the codes from HTB on THursday, and shared with my Solicitor on THrusday night....He would have passed on to the Builder's Solicitor on Friday, and the builder would have checked/verified it on Monday morning.. I got a note on Monday morning from Enquires then about the vertification

"Help To Buy Claim
    Your Help to Buy Claim has been verified by your solicitor or building contractor. Your HTB refund will issue in due course."

My one had technical issues and had to be re-done but now I have received the same notification! Has your builder received the funds yet? If so, how many days post receiving that notification did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robo21

my hearts just broken with them.

They don't seem to get back to any queries.

I had a tax issue even though my tax clearance cert came back fine

The way I found out was I was so desperate to get through to them on the phone I rang their collections section as its all they have open on the phone and they told me. Nobody would help me on the HTB section.

I paid my outstanding tax but I have no idea if my application can procced now or I have to reapply.

We are due to sign at end of the month and is causing me so much stress.

If anyone know if applications can proceeded after paying the tax I would really appreciate it?

It going on 3 weeks now since I applied.

All they keep saying is sent an enquiry but would be great if they got back to them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 georgieox

I am also very frustrated with how long this is taking. All I am looking for is the total amount I am entitled to so that I can go to the bank. I’ve sent queries through the my account weeks ago and they never answer the phone! Really hope this is all sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lorikeet111

Nearly 3 weeks now, 2 enquiries and no response. Getting a tad bit worried now on the timeline for this if nobody here is getting any updates or approvals. From reading above the timeline seemed to be about 2 and half weeks but for sure its longer now, really need this ASAP to sign contracts. :(

robo21 wrote: »
    my hearts just broken with them.

They don't seem to get back to any queries.

I had a tax issue even though my tax clearance cert came back fine

The way I found out was I was so desperate to get through to them on the phone I rang their collections section as its all they have open on the phone and they told me. Nobody would help me on the HTB section.

I paid my outstanding tax but I have no idea if my application can procced now or I have to reapply.

We are due to sign at end of the month and is causing me so much stress.

If anyone know if applications can proceeded after paying the tax I would really appreciate it?

It going on 3 weeks now since I applied.

All they keep saying is sent an enquiry but would be great if they got back to them!!

Did you flag your enquiry as URGENT!!! ? And keep calling them at the same time, by calling them I mean spending a whole couple of days just making calls? 5-7 calls/day... Also ask the person on the line to flag your application URGENT too when they forward it to HTB team.

We had underpayment in tax (PUP related) and our application got stuck too. We arranged to pay it while sending enquiries and calling Revenue. Fortunately our application went through (over 2 weeks ago) and now we are at builder claiming stage.

I thought the technical issue and backlog has been solved and getting better since our application but it doesn't seem so clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robo21

Thanks so much. Yes I have marked the last few enquiries as urgent, I even attached our sales noticed to show how serious it is and that our contracts are due to be signed.

Going to try stay hopeful they will look at ours soon. Do you mind confirming what number you used to call? Every number at the moment seems to be closed. Is painful they are just ignoring people who are in need of help

robo21 wrote: »
    Thanks so much. Yes I have marked the last few enquiries as urgent, I even attached our sales noticed to show how serious it is and that our contracts are due to be signed.

Going to try stay hopeful they will look at ours soon. Do you mind confirming what number you used to call? Every number at the moment seems to be closed. Is painful they are just ignoring people who are in need of help

It's the 017383636 and I also called the IT department (we were pretty desperate...). Do you mean the revenue line is closed now?

If you have a loan offer upload it too together with sales contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SpiceBagHun

dpham178 wrote: »
    It's the 017383636 and I also called the IT department (we were pretty desperate...). Do you mean the revenue line is closed now?

If you have a loan offer upload it too together with sales contract.

Thanks for the help, I'm Robo's partner and we having a nightmare with this only number i can get through to is collections (course this is open) the amount of misinformation I'm getting form them is insane saying we don't need to pay tax liability from 2020 then to be told have to and after paying it then be told not needed was told would have update Monday - still nothing from them.

We are afraid now we will lose the sale and in turn lose the booking deposit as getting pressure from sols and vendors sols to close all documents had been sent to revenue and multiple enquiries(unsure how to escalate the enquiries).

I think ive aged 5 year in this period :(

Thanks for the help, I'm Robo's partner and we having a nightmare with this only number i can get through to is collections (course this is open) the amount of misinformation I'm getting form them is insane saying we don't need to pay tax liability from 2020 then to be told have to and after paying it then be told not needed was told would have update Monday - still nothing from them.

We are afraid now we will lose the sale and in turn lose the booking deposit as getting pressure from sols and vendors sols to close all documents had been sent to revenue and multiple enquiries(unsure how to escalate the enquiries).

I think ive aged 5 year in this period :(

You can sign the contracts while the HTB is being done. You just can't draw down the mortgage until builder receives the refund but hopefully signed contracts should keep everyone else happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 georgieox

Totally understand that they are prioritizing those who are currently at final stages & require revenue codes for sale. However very frustrating for those at the beginning and only looking for the figure they are entitled to so that they can go to the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Hey everyone,

I just submitted my HTB application and immediately got a pop-up with my application code, max relief available and expiration date.
    Is this all I need to do, until I actually buy a house and then just give the code to the developer?
    Given how long it seems to take for most people on here, I'm worried I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Jasna1982 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I just submitted my HTB application and immediately got a pop-up with my application code, max relief available and expiration date.
    Is this all I need to do, until I actually buy a house and then just give the code to the developer?
    Given how long it seems to take for most people on here, I'm worried I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Next step is to upload a signed contract by you & the builder, and the loan offer letter for a specific property that matches the contract.

Once you do that you get a code and that’s the one the builder really cares about.

Advertisement