Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mrslouby

I was overpayment and mine is through just now. Good luck to you all hope you get sorted quick

Hi there -

Thanks for your update, good to see people's applications are updating!

Can I just check - your SOL said that you had overpaid by X amount (Our's says we over paid by 21 cent!), but despite this, your HTB updated and gave you your new application number and amount available to you for HTB?

Our HTB application first said it was awaiting SOL. Our SOL has since issued, and out HTB still says "under review" and "awaiting membership confirmation" on both mine and my husbands online revenue accounts. However, it has given us the updated application number, just not the amount or access code that we need for Bank.

Just checking that you didnt have to do anything additional in order for your full updated HTB to process, despite the overpayment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just spoke to a guy from revenue. As expected, will have to pay the full balance if I want to release my 2020 tax credits, so it's just up to me to decide if it's worth paying €1349 for the release of €3300 tax credits (for the sake of an extra few quid towards a house I would say so)..

He did say that I can omit 2020 from my application so I can effectively 'ignore' the balance, but I'll just be missing out on the 2020 credits.

It's a joint application so my fiance and I will weigh up how much credits we'll have combined in any scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beefyor1983

mrslouby wrote: »
    Hi there -

Thanks for your update, good to see people's applications are updating!

Can I just check - your SOL said that you had overpaid by X amount (Our's says we over paid by 21 cent!), but despite this, your HTB updated and gave you your new application number and amount available to you for HTB?

Our HTB application first said it was awaiting SOL. Our SOL has since issued, and out HTB still says "under review" and "awaiting membership confirmation" on both mine and my husbands online revenue accounts. However, it has given us the updated application number, just not the amount or access code that we need for Bank.

Just checking that you didnt have to do anything additional in order for your full updated HTB to process, despite the overpayment?

Hi yes it updated and showed me amount and codes. All I did different was contact them via my enquiries. Help to buy in drop down. Someone must have just cleared it. Mine also was just sitting with an application number. I think best to make contact.

I'm getting blocked on the "Continue" button, it just says "Sorry we are having trouble completing your request.", and then gives an error code that changes when the page is refreshed.

Is that down to the outstanding balance do you guys think or is it a technical issue with people trying to access? My fiance was just able to log in to his side of it and declare his details, so it looks like it's just me. (I set up the group application and added him).

I've submitted a query but any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mrslouby

Hi yes it updated and showed me amount and codes. All I did different was contact them via my enquiries. Help to buy in drop down. Someone must have just cleared it. Mine also was just sitting with an application number. I think best to make contact.

Thank you!
    I sent an enquiry on Saturday and this morning but haven't heard back. I'll try catch them on the phone. We're running out of time to sign contracts so We're panicking!

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 C575

I'm getting blocked on the "Continue" button, it just says "Sorry we are having trouble completing your request.", and then gives an error code that changes when the page is refreshed.

Is that down to the outstanding balance do you guys think or is it a technical issue with people trying to access? My fiance was just able to log in to his side of it and declare his details, so it looks like it's just me. (I set up the group application and added him).

Same thing happening to me and my partner can access fine! I assume it's because of my outstanding payment. Gonna wait until tomorrow to see if the payment clears, I also have a query in. I'll let you know if I get an update

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

C575 wrote: »
    Same thing happening to me and my partner can access fine! I assume it's because of my outstanding payment. Gonna wait until tomorrow to see if the payment clears, I also have a query in. I'll let you know if I get an update

I have similar problem and query in as well :)
    Let's hope they clear this up soon!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭This is it

I only have statements for 2017 and 2018, 2019 and 2020 are missing :/ do I just fire off an email or do I need to call?

This is it wrote: »
    I only have statements for 2017 and 2018, 2019 and 2020 are missing :/ do I just fire off an email or do I need to call?

Did you submit tax returns for those years yet? If you go onto your My Account on the revenue site if you're PAYE you should be able to find them through the Manage My Taxes 2017-2020 section when you log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I am getting this problem too, my SoL has a 4 cent underpayment which says it won't be collected. I cancelled and started again but rain into the same problem, not really sure what the issue is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Markitron wrote: »
    I am getting this problem too, my SoL has a 4 cent underpayment which says it won't be collected. I cancelled and started again but rain into the same problem, not really sure what the issue is.

I have same issue and my sol is balanced. I can click every year and get amount but 2030 gives me error. Hopefully they fix it asap.

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I have same issue and my sol is balanced. I can click every year and get amount but 2030 gives me error. Hopefully they fix it asap.

My SOL is 0.01 and same issue
    i think their system has crashed.

On my partner's side it says ''application under review and followed by my membership pending'' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Milena009 wrote: »
    My SOL is 0.01 and same issue
    i think their system has crashed.

On my partner's side it says ''application under review and followed by my membership pending'' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Same thing happening for me :(
    Mine keeps getting the error, but my partner can see under review and my membership pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Well it seems from this thread its an issue with their system, cos I was worried I secretly owed them 10k in back taxes or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭newhouse87

As long as the developer hasn't "drawn down" from the HTB it's a 5 minute job to cancel and re-apply (at least it was when I done it in 2018). Also don't underestimate how long a builder will wait to get extra money (If applicable) if you're total that can be claimed changes due to 2020's inclusion.

im doing a self-build, no i was granted full amount without 2020s inclusion anyway.

Markitron wrote: »
    Well it seems from this thread its an issue with their system, cos I was worried I secretly owed them 10k in back taxes or something :)

That's what I'm thinking too. I owe in tax alright for 2020, so understand if it's not allowing me to submit the application, but not to be able to view the pending application before I fork up?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

newhouse87 wrote: »
    im doing a self-build, no i was granted full amount without 2020s inclusion anyway.

Great stuff.

So my application is pending at the moment. If I cancel and reapply will that create any issues, and if I apply without including my 2020 tax can my partner include his full 4 years even if I'm only including 3 (2017-2019)?

Just worried that cancelling and starting again will bring up some problems, or is it that because the application never went through in the first place it's starting from scratch for both me and my partner?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

So my application is pending at the moment. If I cancel and reapply will that create any issues, and if I apply without including my 2020 tax can my partner include his full 4 years even if I'm only including 3 (2017-2019)?

Just worried that cancelling and starting again will bring up some problems, or is it that because the application never went through in the first place it's starting from scratch for both me and my partner?

I think there are delays in finalising 2020 only becuase we can put through 2016 - 2020 no problem but as as soon as one or both of us add 2020 an error message pops up when we try and proceed

Pete123456 wrote: »
    I think there are delays in finalising 2020 only becuase we can put through 2016 - 2020 no problem but as as soon as one or both of us add 2020 an error message pops up when we try and proceed

Ah ok. so we're in an inbetween sort of tech issue? I'll give it a day or 2. My partner is waiting for his 2019 SOL anyway and I put in a query with revenue too.

We're waiting to hear back from some lenders in the next day or 2 too so I'll hold off on changing anything for the moment.

I probably will pay off the bill in the next few days as well so that will be cleared. Would rather have that out of the way to be honest before we get started properly on the mortgage process

• Advertisement

Ah ok. so we're in an inbetween sort of tech issue? I'll give it a day or 2. My partner is waiting for his 2019 SOL anyway and I put in a query with revenue too.

We're waiting to hear back from some lenders in the next day or 2 too so I'll hold off on changing anything for the moment.

I probably will pay off the bill in the next few days as well so that will be cleared. Would rather have that out of the way to be honest before we get started properly on the mortgage process

Definitely seems like a 2020-issue.
    The error disappears as soon as i put 2019 as last year.

I have an enquiry with them so if they revert back i will update you all here too :)
    i logged one yesterday morning :D

Has anyone had any joy hearing back from Revenue about the above? My partner is able to get in and see it all fine, he was given a few actions to do (2 tax returns) and under my name it's saying "Awaiting Membership Confirmation".

I'm going to try ring them now but they have wait times of 20 minutes on the phone at the moment. If I have any joy I'll ket you guys know!

Right. Update.

Spoke to a guy from the PAYE line and he told me the following:

- There *is* a technical issue relating to the HTB portal down to the hundreds of thousands of PSOLS and SOLs being released over the weekend and some still being processed and the extra complication of the underpayments being calculated and in come cases recalculated

- Revenue will *not* be accounting for underpayments related to the WSS or PUP for the HTB as they're already arranging for them to be taken from next year so aren't going to penalise HTB applicants for it as it will be paid off over time. So another part of the issue is the HTB side going through each application to see what liabilities remain discounting any covid related underpayments (so any other tax liabilities that don't relate to the TWSS or PUP)

- They're prioritising the queries and checks that are coming through for urgent cases (ie. buyers in the last stages of the sale and the builder is banging on the door for payment)

- He said this should hopefully be resolved by the end of the week and to keep an eye on My Enquiries, and that should give a clearer picture on what (if any) other actions will need to be taken on my side

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dottedline92

Has anyone had any joy hearing back from Revenue about the above? My partner is able to get in and see it all fine, he was given a few actions to do (2 tax returns) and under my name it's saying "Awaiting Membership Confirmation".

I'm going to try ring them now but they have wait times of 20 minutes on the phone at the moment. If I have any joy I'll ket you guys know!

I'm pretty much the same, raised an enquiry two days ago and still waiting the hear back... I'm sure if there's some sort of miscalculation for the 2020 tax as it was mentioned here before, they'll hold off approving any applications until the problem is fixed. Our lender won't approve our mortgage application until we have the HTB application approved so now we can only wait, unfortunately.

I'm pretty much the same, raised an enquiry two days ago and still waiting the hear back... I'm sure if there's some sort of miscalculation for the 2020 tax as it was mentioned here before, they'll hold off approving any applications until the problem is fixed. Our lender won't approve our mortgage application until we have the HTB application approved so now we can only wait, unfortunately.

You should have an update by the end of this week hopefully, if you mentioned that you're watiing on this for a mortgage they should hopefully have you bumped up on the priority list. Keep an eye on your My Enquires.

Right. Update.

Spoke to a guy from the PAYE line and he told me the following:

- There *is* a technical issue relating to the HTB portal down to the hundreds of thousands of PSOLS and SOLs being released over the weekend and some still being processed and the extra complication of the underpayments being calculated and in come cases recalculated

- They're prioritising the queries and checks that are coming through for urgent cases (ie. buyers in the last stages of the sale and the builder is banging on the door for payment)

- He said this should hopefully be resolved by the end of the week and to keep an eye on My Enquiries, and that should give a clearer picture on what (if any) other actions will need to be taken on my side

Thank you so much! I suppose need to keep an eye on my Enquiries.
    Patience isn't my strong suit nowadays :rolleyes:

Just checked and I'm no longer seeing the error!
    Hopefully it's fixed for everyone

C575 wrote: »
    Just checked and I'm no longer seeing the error!
    Hopefully it's fixed for everyone

For me, I was able to put my years through However now it is under review on my side.
    On partner's side nothing changed.

Milena009 wrote: »
    For me, I was able to put my years through However now it is under review on my side.
    On partner's side nothing changed.

Yeah, my partner's is still staying it's waiting on my membership

• Advertisement

No error anymore on my side. It's coming up as under review, I have an application number, and it shows my fiance's name and PPS and under that it says "Awaiting Membership Confirmation", so now we're both seeing the same thing.

Progress at least :)

Advertisement