Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Student paramedic 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JBB2020

Shau_98 wrote: »
    Is that for proof of penalty points?

Yeah, it's a statement to say whether you have any endorsements or penalty points on your licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

JBB2020 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a statement to say whether you have any endorsements or penalty points on your licence.

Yeah I can't find much information about how you get the statement.

Just rang NDLS this morning. They are a bit backlogged, I was waiting 26minutes to talk to someone but it was pretty easy to get the statement sent out.
    Just need your driver number when you call.

Just rang NDLS this morning. They are a bit backlogged, I was waiting 26minutes to talk to someone but it was pretty easy to get the statement sent out.
    Just need your driver number when you call.

That's not too bad. I'm in with them on Thursday to get my c1 licence... I passed my test today. So hopefully they will be able to print it for me there and then!

That's not too bad. I'm in with them on Thursday to get my c1 licence... I passed my test today. So hopefully they will be able to print it for me there and then!

Congratulations! Got it just in time. Good luck with the application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Jimmy113

Hi All. Best of luck to all applying. I made it through the process last year and I’m on the panel awaiting the call. In respect of the courses you can take for the aptitude test I didn’t bother and just practiced and practiced the material sent out by the recruiters. This will follow later in the process. It’s tricky enough so maybe no harm in the courses if you feel it might benefit you. Best of luck to all.

Jimmy113 wrote: »
    Hi All. Best of luck to all applying. I made it through the process last year and I’m on the panel awaiting the call. In respect of the courses you can take for the aptitude test I didn’t bother and just practiced and practiced the material sent out by the recruiters. This will follow later in the process. It’s tricky enough so maybe no harm in the courses if you feel it might benefit you. Best of luck to all.

Thanks for that. :-) How long after the application deadline did you hear word about the aptitude tests?

Congratulations! Got it just in time. Good luck with the application.

Thanks. Same to you.

Thanks for that. :-) How long after the application deadline did you hear word about the aptitude tests?

I applied on the 30th of Jan 2020 and sat my aptitude test around early March. This was just before the proverbial hit the fan with COVID. I heard quick enough after that I had passed the tests. Then the waiting game started due to COVID and everything was put on hold until late 2020 when the interviews were sent out.

I applied on the 30th of Jan 2020 and sat my aptitude test around early March. This was just before the proverbial hit the fan with COVID. I heard quick enough after that I had passed the tests. Then the waiting game started due to COVID and everything was put on hold until late 2020 when the interviews were sent out.

• Advertisement

Do ye think the aptitude test will be online rather than in person this year or else delayed? Obviously we won't know for sure till they tell us but just wondering what people think :)

Do ye think the aptitude test will be online rather than in person this year or else delayed? Obviously we won't know for sure till they tell us but just wondering what people think :)

I imagine it will be in person... It would be hard to police an online one I'd imagine... But God only knows at this stage!

I hope we don't have to wait too long to hear if we get a chance to do the test!

I imagine it will be in person... It would be hard to police an online one I'd imagine... But God only knows at this stage!

I hope we don't have to wait too long to hear if we get a chance to do the test!
    Not 100% but I think the initial details advised they would be online in March with interviews to take place in April. I’m sure this is all subject to change though

Not 100% but I think the initial details advised they would be online in March with interviews to take place in April. I’m sure this is all subject to change though

Yeah definitly all subject to how covid is going I'd say!

Any news on the aptitude test dates?

Any news on the aptitude test dates?

I've heard nothing yet anyway

Probably won't hear anything till end of February- mid March I'd say.

I got a request for a copy of my drivers licence or certificate of competency today. They want them by Monday... I don't have either as the ndls took the cert and my licence hasn't been issued!!
    I may ring the NAS tomorrow!

I got a request for a copy of my drivers licence or certificate of competency today. They want them by Monday... I don't have either as the ndls took the cert and my licence hasn't been issued!!
    I may ring the NAS tomorrow!

Probably no harm in contacting the ones who sent out the request and tell them. See what they say and maybe also chase the NDLS

God I didn't get a request, have me worried now
    Update: Was looking at my work email by mistake. I received it.

• Advertisement

I've contacted the NDLS and there's nothing they can do when the licence is in process. They are hoping it should be processed soon!
    I've emailed the HBS recruit but I've heard nothing back! There's no way to contact them by phone.

God I didn't get a request, have me worried now
    Update: Was looking at my work email by mistake. I received it.

I'm sure there's hundreds of applicants and it'll take time...if they're going alphabetically my name would be near the top... Or else there's something amiss with my application and they want confirmation!

Time will tell!

I'm sure there's hundreds of applicants and it'll take time...if they're going alphabetically my name would be near the top... Or else there's something amiss with my application and they want confirmation!

Time will tell!

My license is also held up at the moment because my doctor filled in my medical certificate wrong. I actually did an online application so I still have my Certificate of competency so I've just sent that off.

I asked a question at the beginning of recruitment and they replied within 2 day. I am sure there is probably a few who are in the same position as you. I wouldn't worry.

My license is also held up at the moment because my doctor filled in my medical certificate wrong. I actually did an online application so I still have my Certificate of competency so I've just sent that off.

I asked a question at the beginning of recruitment and they replied within 2 day. I am sure there is probably a few who are in the same position as you. I wouldn't worry.
    In fairness to them they are usually very good at coming back on queries.

The NAS got back to me; they said they would get back to me in due course 🀔 🀔

The NAS got back to me; they said they would get back to me in due course 🀔 🀔

I'd say since you are waiting on your license that they'll make an exception for your application.
    I just got a text today saying my License should be delivered within 15 days, I sent it off on the 13th of January. NDLS have been super busy so Id say there's just such a backlog!

I'd say since you are waiting on your license that they'll make an exception for your application.
    I just got a text today saying my License should be delivered within 15 days, I sent it off on the 13th of January. NDLS have been super busy so Id say there's just such a backlog!

Hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irishlad765

Hey guys,

If any of you got the email about providing proof of C1 and don't have the license back from NDLS yet, look at your email and you should have received an email from the RSA stating date time location category and pass of your C1 test.

HBS will accept that as proof of the c1 until your license has arrived.

Just some advice which I hope helps a few of you.

Wishing you all the best during the application process

Unfortunately I applied in person so I don't have any email confirmation :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Sparkey84

hiya guys, best of luck to all applying. just a little bit of information that may be of use. in the past the nas have accepted a provisional licence and a cert of competence ie the cert you get for passing test. once the date on the cert was before the cut off. 10 years ago one guy got refused at aptitude test as his licence was dated two days after cut off date. even though he passed his test two days before. the ndls (local tax office at time i think) used the date the cert was processed not the date issued.
    that info is 10years old but still hold through and be of use.

Advertisement