Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Student paramedic 2021

• 11-01-2021 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

It just got posted on publicjobs.ie this morning for anyone thinking of applying!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Yup,
    I'd apply but the link to apply is broken and it's not listed on publicjobs or the HSE.

I was also in the process of getting my C1 but can't due to poxy covid restrictions :/

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

Burkatron wrote: »
    Yup,
    I'd apply but the link to apply is broken and it's not listed on publicjobs or the HSE.

I was also in the process of getting my C1 but can't due to poxy covid restrictions :/
    Yeah the link to apply is broken, how unfortunate. I found it on publicjobs.ie if you scroll down a bit. I'd say it was just posted this morning and they havent had the chance to fix it yet.

I managed to get mine done last week thank god but i had to rush the theory and the test in the space of three months because of covid! I hope they might give some leeway since covid has really held people back on getting their C1 licenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

On the C1, did you have to do the CPC 2 case study?
    I've my theory done but have to get the lessons and the practical.
    How long/many hours did yours require?

I'm annoyed I didn't get it done, I took on a new job after closing my business in March and didn't make the time (idiot) to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 R75MM

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amy98

Anyone know if they will accept awaiting a test date for applying new restrictions won’t allow the full test to be done:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

amy98 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they will accept awaiting a test date for applying new restrictions won’t allow the full test to be done:(

They won't, you need the test passed prior to closing date on the 26th

5500 wrote: »

C1 does not require CPC. I did 2 hrs with the civil defense in the ambulance I was using for my test and then did a two hour lesson the day before.
    I thought driving test were allowed to go ahead? I only did my one last week. I'm currently making my way through the application and the competency questions seem almost like essays.

5500 wrote: »

Thank you

Shau_98 wrote: »
    C1 does not require CPC. I did 2 hrs with the civil defense in the ambulance I was using for my test and then did a two hour lesson the day before.
    I thought driving test were allowed to go ahead? I only did my one last week. I'm currently making my way through the application and the competency questions seem almost like essays.

Hi, yes I have been on all morning about doing a test and I haven’t heard anything back I have done a lesson already and have a mock test booked I am just waiting for a test date but it seems online it’s only for essential services with level 5 lockdown

Hi, yes I have been on all morning about doing a test and I haven’t heard anything back I have done a lesson already and have a mock test booked I am just waiting for a test date but it seems online it’s only for essential services with level 5 lockdown

Sorry I completely forgot it was only for essential workers. I hope you might be able to secure a test date by the 26th

• Advertisement

Sorry I completely forgot it was only for essential workers. I hope you might be able to secure a test date by the 26th

Thank you!! Best of luck with your application form

Thank you!! Best of luck with your application form

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JBB2020

I missed last year's paramedic competition because I didn't have my c1! I started the process of getting it in May and I'm only actually getting my test on the 25th of this month. I've been ringing them every week for the past 4 months to get my test!

It is definitely not a quick process 😔 😔

JBB2020 wrote: »
    I missed last year's paramedic competition because I didn't have my c1! I started the process of getting it in May and I'm only actually getting my test on the 25th of this month. I've been ringing them every week for the past 4 months to get my test!

I've been trying since last April/may to get mine and only managed to get the theory test done in October and my test done last week. Very slow process

Did you get much luck on the phone? I see they say they don’t do bookings on the phone?

Did you get much luck on the phone? I see they say they don’t do bookings on the phone?

They put me on the cancellation list and pushed me up the list a couple of times! Now I'm 43 so I told them if I miss this round I'm done!

They put me on the cancellation list and pushed me up the list a couple of times! Now I'm 43 so I told them if I miss this round I'm done!

Ah well my fingers are crossed for you wish you the best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SnowFlakes2019

It would be a great time to get in as they're in dire need of extra paramedics. I went and done the whole process last yeat but unfortunately I didn't do well enough on the aptitude tests.
    In regards to the licence, I've seen people turned away from the testing centre if they didn't have the correct licence on hand.
    I will be trying again this time around and hope for the best :)

I don't know if I should purchase an aptitude test preparation course or not. It might be of some help. Any tips from last years aptitude test?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SnowFlakes2019

I don't know if I should purchase an aptitude test preparation course or not. It might be of some help. Any tips from last years aptitude test?

I didn't personally, but I will this time round. I know a good few that did and they found them very helpful. Although if you're a natural with aptitude tests, you don't need it.

• Advertisement

I didn't personally, but I will this time round. I know a good few that did and they found them very helpful. Although if you're a natural with aptitude tests, you don't need it.

I'm going to purchase one once the closing date happens and start practicing

Which is the best aptitude prep course? There seems to be a lot of them out there!!

Which is the best aptitude prep course? There seems to be a lot of them out there!!

I've been trying to find out myself, with no luck. I'm thinking of going with career services

I've been trying to find out myself, with no luck. I'm thinking of going with career services

Is there any books out there? Or just online courses

Is there any books out there? Or just online courses

Haven't heard of any books but I took the plunge and purchased the course from career services since it was on offer.
    I haven't looked at it properly but I will be tomorrow and I will update you on what I think of it.

Haven't heard of any books but I took the plunge and purchased the course from career services since it was on offer.
    I haven't looked at it properly but I will be tomorrow and I will update you on what I think of it.

Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CorkG86

Hi. I did my apptitute in March and I used career services and found it very helpful. There will be a lot more questions on the day of real exam than in the practice ones, they even tell you on the day very few people finish it...I got no where near finished and still passed. Practice practice practice as speed is key

From what I've been looking at on career services it seems very through! I also just completed an aptitude test for the emergency call taker positions with AGS and i think it went well!

Is anyone having any luck getting in touch with the NDLS to get your driving licence printout?

• Advertisement

Is anyone having any luck getting in touch with the NDLS to get your driving licence printout?

Is that for proof of penalty points?

Advertisement