Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Student paramedic 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Jimmy113

No problem. I think September is earliest they'll take people.

Also, you could email hr and find out where you are on the panel. Your place will have moved up as students accepted.

I was told that there's very little on current panel. Not enough to make up a class. That's the reason for recruitment.
    Great. I think I’m in a good spot for the next class

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Medt123

Shau_98 wrote: »
    So they are releasing interview results within 10 working days, I asked recruitment and that's what they said.

If there is a class on placement maybe the will be taking some sooner. Who knows!

Good luck everyone and hopefully we all get on the panel.

The people interivewing were lovely and really did help. Was so nervous they would be very serious but they were so nice and maybe me feel at ease straight away.

When did you do it you’re interview? I done mine yesterday and would love to know when we will find out interview results 10 days seems long

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

Medt123 wrote: »
    When did you do it you’re interview? I done mine yesterday and would love to know when we will find out interview results 10 days seems long

I did mine Tuesday. 10 working days. I suppose it.depends on how many they interviewed!

I did mine Tuesday. 10 working days. I suppose it.depends on how many they interviewed!

I’d say you’ll hear fairly quick. Are the interviews just this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JBB2020

I had my interview today... I think it went ok... Could definitely have gone better. It just goes by so quickly!!

I had planned on asking more details on time lines but I just didn't have enough time!

I had heard somewhere that there was 400 interviews.... That's hardly right! I hope not anyway!

• Advertisement

JBB2020 wrote: »
    I had my interview today... I think it went ok... Could definitely have gone better. It just goes by so quickly!!

I had planned on asking more details on time lines but I just didn't have enough time!

I had heard somewhere that there was 400 interviews.... That's hardly right! I hope not anyway!

Well done and best of luck. 400 sounds like a lot to me. If they’re only interviewing this week that would be 80 per day. Don’t see that happening unless the interviews are going on into next week?

God 400 is so much but they did plan to recruit a high amount didn't they?

Hopefully now it's all good news in a few weeks time🀞 what happens if we are placed on the panel?

God 400 is so much but they did plan to recruit a high amount didn't they?

Hopefully now it's all good news in a few weeks time🀞 what happens if we are placed on the panel?

Taking on 100 as far as I know

Yeah thats whats being said anyway. Is the tullamore college open or is it still ballinasloe and tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Sparkey84

Yeah thats whats being said anyway. Is the tullamore college open or is it still ballinasloe and tallaght

all three running at present

• Advertisement

Sparkey84 wrote: »
    all three running at present

How many per class?

How many per class?

Id say around 25-30 but I am just guessing

Hopefully we all hear by the end of this week. I keep thinking every mail that comes in is the ONE! 😂

Jimmy113 wrote: »
    Hopefully we all hear by the end of this week. I keep thinking every mail that comes in is the ONE! 😂

I'm cracking up waiting!! :'(:'(

Interivew results have been issues by post! The next few days will have me waiting for the post man like my dog 😂😂

Interivew results have been issues by post! The next few days will have me waiting for the post man like my dog 😂😂

My nerves!!

I’m already on the panel from the last round so I wonder how they’ll manage that? Possibly by post too.

I’m already on the panel from the last round so I wonder how they’ll manage that? Possibly by post too.

They will probably email you with an EOI (expression of interest) once the panel is live.

Hopefully we all get good news soon!

Got on the panel! Panel goes live on the 26th!

What does that mean?

• Advertisement

What does that mean?

So I passed my interview. I think the panel going live I means the Expresdion of interest being sent out

Huge congrats

So I passed my interview. I think the panel going live I means the Expresdion of interest being sent out

Great news, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

The panel going live means that from that date they can when needed draw from it. Anyone on panels ahead of you will be offered places first.

You could be lucky and be on a panel for a few weeks if you got high enough, or.. be on it for 2 years.

Got on the panel too... My head is spinning :D
    I couldn't sleep last night with excitement!

I'm assuming the next classes won't be until September and then again in January?

Has anyone any idea how many are left out of the old panel?

I'm assuming the next classes won't be until September and then again in January?

Congrats!

I wouldn’t imagine there’s many left on the panel but you never know

I wouldn’t imagine there’s many left on the panel but you never know

How many do they put on a panel 100? 150?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Hi all,

New to this thread. Congrats to everybody on their progress so far.

I'm considering taking the leap into the paramedic world myself. Unfortunately I didn't do a science subject for my leaving cert many moons ago but I believe an EMT certificate can be used in lieu of a science subject.

I've yet to obtain an EMT cert but am considering signing up to a private course as soon as I can.

Has anybody else got any experience with taking this route?

• Advertisement

GravyD wrote: »
    Hi all,

New to this thread. Congrats to everybody on their progress so far.

I'm considering taking the leap into the paramedic world myself. Unfortunately I didn't do a science subject for my leaving cert many moons ago but I believe an EMT certificate can be used in lieu of a science subject.

I've yet to obtain an EMT cert but am considering signing up to a private course as soon as I can.

Has anybody else got any experience with taking this route?

Pretty sure if you passed all your LC subjects and obtain an EMT certificate then you fill the requirements. Just make sure you have your C1 license too.

Advertisement