Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

My brother tried a GoMo SIM on a 5G phone in Letterkenny but the phone wouldn't let him connect to the 5G network - "Access is restricted" or something to that effect. I guess it's just on trial in some areas, then.

I wonder how long it'll take GoMo to roll out 4G calling (I know they say _by_ the end of the summer). On a 3 UK SIM, I found that the call quality is noticeably better on VoLTE. (A rather large symbol came up on my One Plus phone to indicate the service was available)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Have go mo increased their price to €15 for new customers. Thankfully I'm on 9.99 plan.

Can I ask what data limit is now? I have been binging on Line of Duty....

One thing I noticed inadt few weeks, RTE radio live podcasts seem to cut out ( says lost connection on rte radio player) but I have connection on phone. I recently downloaded a Samsung A70 update)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭opus

120Gb before they throttle you - https://gomo.ie/terms/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Sorry if this has been asked. Is there anyway I can totally remove voicemail so that if somebody dials the prefix and puts 5 after it that they wouldn't access my voicemail? I've tried ##004# and also ##002# but both still link to my voicemail after you dial 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

How do you switch on voicemail?

Do they not let you pay by direct debit in case you sought a dd refund from your bank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭pgj2015

has anyone switched from eir to gomo? if so is there any difference? seeing as gomo uses to eir network.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

pgj2015 wrote: »
    has anyone switched from eir to gomo? if so is there any difference? seeing as gomo uses to eir network.

Bar no WiFi calling and slower 5G there is no other differences

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Apologies if this has been posted already. Just spotted it today:

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/eir_gomo_wifi_calling.pdf
    Initially, the GoMo WiFi Calling service will only available to new GoMo customers who purchased a GoMo plan on or after
    09/04/2021. For existing GoMo customers who signed up before 09/04/2021, GoMo will inform such customers directly when
    GoMo WiFi Calling is made available to them.

Jim

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I clicked on that link but I was getting "Error 404 Page" - you need to be logged in to read it.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

New Home wrote: »
    I clicked on that link but I was getting "Error 404 Page" - you need to be logged in to read it.

Worked a few days ago, (and still works), for me at time of writing using phone or PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I just switched from Eir to GoMo.

Been thinking about doing it for months.

I currently pay €30 a month with Eir for unlimited calls, texts, and data.

GoMo is the exact same for €15 cheaper so can't complain.

I don't think I have ever used Wifi calling to be honest and I have no interest in 5G for now.

Hopefully the speeds are the same as Eir as they are the same company.

Presumably I can cancel any time if I want?

anyone know if this is an issue with gomo. If you turn your phone off for a few hours. then when you turn it back on you might get a text, but it wont tell you when the text was sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

anyone know if this is an issue with gomo. If you turn your phone off for a few hours. then when you turn it back on you might get a text, but it wont tell you when the text was sent?
    I think it's the same on any network. It only tells you when it was received.

jrmb wrote: »
    I think it's the same on any network. It only tells you when it was received.

it wasn't an issue with eir. if you turned your phone off at say 1pm and turned it back on at 4pm. your texts will come through and say what time they were sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I'm on GoMo using a Huawei Mate 10 Pro phone. When I receive a txt it shows time received. However I can find out additional information such as date/time sent by pressing on the text then selecting "more" > "more" > "view details".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Apart from 2FA I couldn't tell you the last time I received a text.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Apart from 2FA I couldn't tell you the last time I received a text.

Schools use them to send alerts to parents

jrmb wrote: »
    Schools use them to send alerts to parents

I'm long past that stage of my life, thank fcuk:pac:

This might have been asked already but I ordered a GoMo sim the other day and selected to keep my current number. I selected the move date of my current number to the 18 May 2021.

I logged in to my GoMo account this morning just to double check the move date for my current number and it said the 18 May, so that's fine.

However, when I went into account details it lists a different number.

I am presuming the sim they send out has a number attached to it and this is the number on the account details and that on the move date for my number then my current number will just go over onto this new sim. Is that correct?

chops018 wrote: »
    This might have been asked already but I ordered a GoMo sim the other day and selected to keep my current number. I selected the move date of my current number to the 18 May 2021.

I logged in to my GoMo account this morning just to double check the move date for my current number and it said the 18 May, so that's fine.

I am presuming the sim they send out has a number attached to it and this is the number on the account details and that on the move date for my number then my current number will just go over onto this new sim. Is that correct?

Yes, the number on your account is the 085 number on the SIM card you'll receive.

• Advertisement

Yes, the number on your account is the 085 number on the SIM card you'll receive.

Ok thanks. But that's the sim I put in my phone when I get it, yes? Then on my selected move day my current number will change on the sim? Sorry for the stupid questions btw!

Ok thanks. But that's the sim I put in my phone when I get it, yes? Then on my selected move day my current number will change on the sim? Sorry for the stupid questions btw!

Your number seen by others will change to your original number when the port is done, however, in your phone settings (android in my case) it shows as the 085 GoMo number and also on the website it's the 085 number.

Your number seen by others will change to your original number when the port is done, however, in your phone settings (android in my case) it shows as the 085 GoMo number and also on the website it's the 085 number.

Ok, thanks. Ah that's grand, once it is my current number that comes up when I call or text anyone and things like Whatsapp etc. connected to my current number then that's grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

chops018 wrote:

That's correct. When you receive the GoMo sim check that the number on the sim matches the number shown on your account. Also, if you haven't received the GoMo sim by 17 May you should change the porting date to a later date. It is best to test the GoMo sim for a while before porting. Some people experience problems getting security text codes from banks etc.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    That's correct. When you receive the GoMo sim check that the number on the sim matches the number shown on your account. Also, if you haven't received the GoMo sim by 17 May you should change the porting date to a later date. It is best to test the GoMo sim for a while before porting. Some people experience problems getting security text codes from banks etc.

Thanks. That could be an issue. I need to be able to receive security codes for work. Hopefully that does not happen.

Yes, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong.

Gooser14 wrote: »

You'll never have text problems using the 085 number directly, some have had problems after the port was done, luckily I didn't, I ported from Vodafone. I never used the GoMo sim until coverage ceased on the VF on the porting day, I left it for a few hours, powered off the phone, swapped sims and everything worked perfectly straightaway.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You'll never have text problems using the 085 number directly, some have had problems after the port was done, luckily I didn't, I ported from Vodafone. I never used the GoMo sim until coverage ceased on the VF on the porting day, I left it for a few hours, powered off the phone, swapped sims and everything worked perfectly straightaway.
    GoMo has been known to send out the wrong SIMs to some customers, that's why it's vitally important to make sure the 085 number on the SIM you receive matches the 085 number in your online account.

Otherwise, you may find that your own mobile number ends up being ported to someone else!

Quackster wrote: »
    GoMo has been known to send out the wrong SIMs to some customers, that's why it's vitally important to make sure the 085 number on the SIM you receive matches the 085 number in your online account.

Otherwise, you may find that your own mobile number ends up being ported to someone else!

Are they? I never heard that scenario, now that would be a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Are they? I never heard that scenario, now that would be a nightmare.
    They probably have rectified the issue but it was a significant recurrence in these threads during the early months of GoMo. Some folk had awful hassle trying to get their numbers back.

Advertisement