Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,
    I've two months left on my three contract. I have a gomo sim since beginning of Jan. Can I just initiate the porting process from the gomo side? I realise three will hit me for two months bills but I'm going to have to pay that either way.
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

I'm off to Italy (Milan) next week and just wondering if anyone has been to Italy with GOMO and what their experience was. Thanks as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭BowWow

MicktheMan wrote: »
    I'm off to Italy (Milan) next week and just wondering if anyone has been to Italy with GOMO and what their experience was. Thanks as always.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111630683&postcount=3072

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

signed herself and her Father up been ported roughly 2 - 3 weeks now and no issues so far. v happy with the value
    confirming the q I asked - no unlock code required when porting from eir mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

BowWow wrote: »

With regards gomo and roaming. Gomo customer service has confirmed that gomo.ie charges customers to call back to Ireland when in another EU state, they regard this as being outside of the bundled package. When I read the pricing document before taking a subscription and if I read it now it does not clearly state this.

If I look at their pricing documents online https://gomo.ie/pricing/ it states

*You can use your any network calls & texts anywhere in the EU and they will be deducted from your allowances as they would at home.

If you access the link https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile-pt12.2-5.pdf it states:

Unlimited minutes and SMS allowances where applicable are subject to a fair usage allowance of 45,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS. Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries.

When I read this, I take it that calling back to Ireland from another EU country is covered by your package. Has anyone else any experience of this? I live close to the NI border so this is a problem for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Higgsy wrote: »
    With regards gomo and roaming. Gomo customer service has confirmed that gomo.ie charges customers to call back to Ireland when in another EU state, they regard this as being outside of the bundled package. When I read the pricing document before taking a subscription and if I read it now it does not clearly state this.

When I read this, I take it that calling back to Ireland from another EU country is covered by your package. Has anyone else any experience of this? I live close to the NI border so this is a problem for me.

Whomever you were talking to either misunderstood what you were asking or doesn't have a clue.

When you are roaming in another EEA country, calls/texts back to Ireland, to other numbers in the country you are roaming in and to any other EEA country are all covered by your allowance as per the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yup the rep was wrong Higgsy, what they describe would be completely illegal under EU/EEA law.

Quackster wrote: »
    Whomever you were talking to either misunderstood what you were asking or doesn't have a clue.

When you are roaming in another EEA country, calls/texts back to Ireland, to other numbers in the country you are roaming in and to any other EEA country are all covered by your allowance as per the law.

Hi Qackster. I contacted support a few weeks ago and they told me that when in the EU all calls back to Ireland are charged, calls to the country you are in are part of your bundle. This made no sense to me

Contacted support again yesterday and asked them again and got the same answer.

Not sure if you can view this but this twitter thread GoMoIrelandCare is stating the same as the online customer care chat.

https://twitter.com/GoMoIrelandCare/status/1217872531350282245

I cannot get my head around it myself. This makes no sense.

And how much would they charge you for calling Ireland while abroad?
    It's not on their price list and not legal.

I can read the twitter just fine, never doubted you that a rep did say that but they have to be mistaken.
    And not replying when asked to clarify shows they are confused by the whole thing.

tuxy wrote: »
    And how much would they charge you for calling Ireland while abroad?
    It's not on their price list and not legal.

I can read the twitter just fine, never doubted you that a rep did say that but they have to be mistaken.
    And not replying when asked to clarify shows they are confused by the whole thing.

Agree 100% Tuxy. I contacted the webchat on 2 separate occasions and same answer both times, this twitter thread is also saying the same.

With regards their pricing, I agree it is open to interpretation but

If you read this table:
    https://gomo.ie/pricing/

It states
    *You can use your any network calls & texts anywhere in the EU and they will be deducted from your allowances as they would at home.

This to me tells me that calls make when in a EU state back to Ireland would be part of your package.

This link
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile-pt12.2-5.pdf

states:

Unlimited minutes and SMS allowances where applicable are subject to a fair usage allowance of 45,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS. Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries

If you compare this to what comreg is saying (https://www.comreg.ie/roam-like-home-new-eu-mobile-roaming-retail-prices-introduced/)

<<On 15 June 2017, new EU mobile roaming regulations have been introduced. This means, when travelling in the European Union, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein, roaming customers can ‘roam like at home’ and will be charged the domestic retail price for calls, texts and data.

So, if you are a mobile customer and have purchased a bundled services (i.e. a price plans that has specific call, text, and data allowances) any roaming usage is now deducted from that bundle>>

or the EU commission

<Your communications (phone calls,SMS, data) made from another EU country
    will be covered in your national bundle: the minutes, SMS and gigabytes of data that you consume abroad in the EU will be charged or deducted from the volumes of your national tariff plan exactly as if you were at home (in the country where you live, work or study). Contrary to the past, you will
    not have to pay anything extra. No bill shock anymore. Whether you use your mobile phone while periodically abroad in the EU or in the country where you live will not make any difference. You will roam like at home>

Seems like a mismatch to me!

• Advertisement

Yes and I know COMREG are a bit toothless but if GOMO did try to charge you illegally over this I think they could sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

factnee wrote:
    Does anyone get a missed call text notification from gomo? If I'm out of coverage and people ring, the call goes straight through to voicemail and I never get a text.

I get a missed call text from gomo

Yes, this is consistent with comreg and the european commission but inconsistent with what gomo support are saying. Maybe they should discuss this with their parent (eir) as I think they understand the regulation :-)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Agree 100% Tuxy. I contacted the webchat on 2 separate occasions and same answer both times, this twitter thread is also saying the same.

With regards their pricing, I agree it is open to interpretation but

If you read this table:
    https://gomo.ie/pricing/

It states

This to me tells me that calls make when in a EU state back to Ireland would be part of your package.

This link
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile-pt12.2-5.pdf

states:

Unlimited minutes and SMS allowances where applicable are subject to a fair usage allowance of 45,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS. Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries

If you compare this to what comreg is saying (https://www.comreg.ie/roam-like-home-new-eu-mobile-roaming-retail-prices-introduced/)

<<On 15 June 2017, new EU mobile roaming regulations have been introduced. This means, when travelling in the European Union, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein, roaming customers can ‘roam like at home’ and will be charged the domestic retail price for calls, texts and data.

So, if you are a mobile customer and have purchased a bundled services (i.e. a price plans that has specific call, text, and data allowances) any roaming usage is now deducted from that bundle>>

or the EU commission

<Your communications (phone calls,SMS, data) made from another EU country
    will be covered in your national bundle: the minutes, SMS and gigabytes of data that you consume abroad in the EU will be charged or deducted from the volumes of your national tariff plan exactly as if you were at home (in the country where you live, work or study). Contrary to the past, you will
    not have to pay anything extra. No bill shock anymore. Whether you use your mobile phone while periodically abroad in the EU or in the country where you live will not make any difference. You will roam like at home>

Seems like a mismatch to me!

I'm in Germany at the moment and have made 3 calls back to Ireland since I've been here. I'll suppose I'll find out if I'm charged for them when I get my next bill. My understanding of things was that calls back to Ireland were covered by my Gomo plan.

I'm in Germany at the moment and have made 3 calls back to Ireland since I've been here. I'll suppose I'll find out if I'm charged for them when I get my next bill. My understanding of things was that calls back to Ireland were covered by my Gomo plan.

I was not charged for numerous calls from Italy back to Ireland in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i have switched from eir to gomo. i have not used voicemail for over 15 years but it has now been activated during the switch over. how do i deactivate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭kippy

i have switched from eir to gomo. i have not used voicemail for over 15 years but it has now been activated during the switch over. how do i deactivate it?

I'd say contact them and ask them to de-activeate.

BowWow wrote: »
    I was not charged for numerous calls from Italy back to Ireland in October.

Hi BowWow, that is interesting and would mean the gomo support team either misunderstood the question or dont have their facts straight.

Hi BowWow, that is interesting and would mean the gomo support team either misunderstood the question or dont have their facts straight.

It wouldn't be the first time that a companies staff aren't entirely clued up on every term and condition involved in various processes.

• Advertisement

It would seem that currently their support staff are either incompetent or do not have the facilities to provide good support.
    Perhaps recruiting and/or training was rushed. They will probably reach an acceptable level at some stage.

kippy wrote: »
    I'd say contact them and ask them to de-activeate.

is there a contact number?

Some have said facebook messenger is the only way to get good engagement.

You can contact them on the form via the website, twitter, facebook.
    There's no contact number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Dial ##002#

This will cancel all diverts. Voicemail will still work but only if accessed directly by entering '5' between the prefix and phone number.

087 5 123 4567

171 will probably still work but incoming callers will not be diverted to voicemail.

perfect! this did the job...thanks!

btw, contacted gomo on messenger. after an hour i am still waiting for them to respond. i guess the the cheap price comes at the expense of any decent level of customer service.

It wouldn't be the first time that a companies staff aren't entirely clued up on every term and condition involved in various processes.

Agreed.

I was on eir previously and was never, when EU Roaming, charged for calls back to Ireland. Should be the same on GOMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celiam

Drumpot wrote: »
    Prob gonna sign up 2 phones with this today. I am with three and currently paying 30e per month for pretty much the same thing, Im out of contract so no issues there.

I use my mobile for work so would you suggest I just buy sims and port number maybe when I receive sim ? Does this delay things much, like is it easier when you give them a date and time when signing up or does it really matter ?

Also, anybody with Three get a similar deal to gomo ? I tried online but they told me to phone 1913, dont really feel the need to haggle (if thats indeed what happens).

Lastly, seems like most people have a decent experience with the network, would that be fair to say ?
    You better check that your phone isnt locked to the 3 network,if it is you will have to get an unlock code from them. My Huawei was locked to the vodafone network and it took me 6 weeks to get the unlock code from them

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celiam

You can contact them on the form via the website, twitter, facebook.
    There's no contact number.
    I believe comreg has instructed gomo to provide a contact phone no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

celiam wrote: »
    I believe comreg has instructed gomo to provide a contact phone no

Back in December with some limited scope as it is for complaints only:

https://www.comreg.ie/publication/comreg-issues-a-direction-to-meteor-mobile-communications-limited-trading-as-gomo-pursuant-to-the-universal-service-regulations

Plus they call it as pay as you go offer which is strange.

Advertisement