Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hadn't spotted that - thanks, Ten Pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hi All

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but does anyone know how GoMo (eventually) contact you after you submit a query? My sim has never worked so if they try and ring me they won't get through.

Just want my number back and to port elsewhere at this stage.

Thanks a mill
    DH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Hi All

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but does anyone know how GoMo (eventually) contact you after you submit a query? My sim has never worked so if they try and ring me they won't get through.

Just want my number back and to port elsewhere at this stage.

Thanks a mill
    DH

If you fill out their online form they will contact you by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MagandaCRO

Hi,

Sorry if this was asked already but the thread is to long to read it all. Im just wondering if I am getting the 10 € that they taking from me on my account like it was with MY3 or do I just pay it all every month. With MY3 i got the 20 on my account plus all the benefits, asking because my wife is doing international calls so this might cost me more then when we were on MY3.

Thank,
    Maganda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

MagandaCRO wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry if this was asked already but the thread is to long to read it all. Im just wondering if I am getting the 10 € that they taking from me on my account like it was with MY3 or do I just pay it all every month. With MY3 i got the 20 on my account plus all the benefits, asking because my wife is doing international calls so this might cost me more then when we were on MY3.

Thank,
    Maganda

It's bill pay so €9.99 taken off your debit card every month, you don't have any credit.
    Out of bundle charges are expensive so not good for international.
    All pricing is under the support section of the GOMO site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

Hi all.

Looking for some help here, i got a gomo sim card and inserted it into my mobile broadband device everything worked fine .

However this evening when i tried to connect my mobile phone to the wifi from my mobile broadband it was asking for a password.

Can anyone tell me where i can find this pass word ?i know the pin and puk number but i havent a clue about the password,hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

ddub11 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Looking for some help here, i got a gomo sim card and inserted it into my mobile broadband device everything worked fine .

However this evening when i tried to connect my mobile phone to the wifi from my mobile broadband it was asking for a password.

Can anyone tell me where i can find this pass word ?i know the pin and puk number but i havent a clue about the password,hope that makes sense.

Were u using that mobile broadband device (router) with another provider? The password for your WiFi has nothing to do with GoMo. Some routers have the password on the bottom of the device or you may have to go into the settings of your router which you should be able to do via your PC

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beansys

Anyone know if there is a way to check your remaining roaming data on this network?

I don't think there is. At least nothing that I have seen on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Just wondering how do you cancel? I presume I have until the end of February to cancel and a new month starts from March or is it every 30 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Just wondering how do you cancel? I presume I have until the end of February to cancel and a new month starts from March or is it every 30 days?

Port away to another network or you will lose your number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Is it better to wait till 1st March to buy a sim as opposed to buying now, would I be charged now and again in early March if I purchase in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I jumped on the offer on the lead up to xmas and got 2 sims , one for me to be put into my dual sim phone and one for my wife and ported her over. No problem with set up and porting etc

I use vodafone as the other sim in my phone, never have a problem and speeds are consistently good.

I switch over the data from time to time to see what speeds i get and it really is poor.

Blanchardstown 1.18 down / 0.05 up
    Kinsealy 0.43 down / 1.10 up
    Then in Whitehall 31 down / 25 up

Ive looked up the masts and there are masts close by.

My wife says its not as good or as fast as the 3 speeds she had but is livable. Relies on the wifi more now.

How can the speeds be so poor in an area that is close to the airport even!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pg17

august12 wrote: »
    Is it better to wait till 1st March to buy a sim as opposed to buying now, would I be charged now and again in early March if I purchase in February.

You will be charged in the month the SIM is activated and have service for that month at no extra cost for services within the bundle and you will be charged on the first of the next month for that month's service.

So, to be sure or the charges, it would be better to wait until March 1 to order.

If you order before March 1 you may be charged for activation in February. By waiting untim March 1, you will be sure that the activation charge will cover service for all of March and your first monthly charge will be for April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The current price of 12.99 is only guaranteed up to and including 1st March (ie orders up to midnight Sunday 1st will be at 12.99 price)

https://gomo.ie/last-updates/

They extended the deadline the last time but no word yet of any extension this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Hi,
    Can someone help me out, I'm having trouble with USB tethering, I read at the start of this thread that there are no restrictions on tethering but when I have my phone connected to a mini smart router - tethering on my smartphone is disabled. I initially had Internet access (via a LAN cable connection to the mini smart router and phone connected to the mini router) but USB tethering is now disabled on my phone and it can't be switched it on, I tried everything. I can tether to any other one device like a desktop or laptop. Can tethering to mini smart router be enabled again?

I'm with GoMo but am changing network because the data coverage is crap. When does my new month start or when is the best to switch? Is tomorrow the last day of the month for GoMo or when does the new month start?

I'm with GoMo but am changing network because the data coverage is crap. When does my new month start or when is the best to switch? Is tomorrow the last day of the month for GoMo or when does the new month start?

New month starts on the 1st. At least that is what was beaten into me in school :eek:

lighthouse wrote: »
    New month starts on the 1st. At least that is what was beaten into me in school :eek:

Funny

So today 29th February I switched from GoMo to 3. I said I would switch today as I would be billed from tomorrow for March with GoMo. Then when the man in 3 had everything done he said it could be Monday before it switches over. I know it's only €10 but that is stupid ill b paying my €10 for February for GoMo as well as my February for 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So today 29th February I switched from GoMo to 3. I said I would switch today as I would be billed from tomorrow for March with GoMo. Then when the man in 3 had everything done he said it could be Monday before it switches over. I know it's only €10 but that is stupid ill b paying my €10 for February for GoMo as well as my February for 3.

In all honesty, why did you wait till the last day of the month and over the weekend too, I’d have no sympathy for you to be honest.

I'm with Gomo since October, if I order a second sim, will I be charged 12.99 for the sim or is the second one still free regardless of when it's ordered??

august12 wrote: »
    I'm with Gomo since October, if I order a second sim, will I be charged 12.99 for the sim or is the second one still free regardless of when it's ordered??

You will be charged 12.99 for the second sim.

You will be charged 12.99 for the second sim.
    Thanks for clarifying, will wait till tomorrow to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Gomo saved my ass these last 2 days as my main net connection was down. Tethering my gomo connection meant that we still had Internet in the house. Slower granted but the data allowance mea t we could use the home WiFi almost as normal. Not bad as backup and good to know I have that to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭DopeTech

morgana wrote: »
    Gomo saved my ass these last 2 days as my main net connection was down. Tethering my gomo connection meant that we still had Internet in the house. Slower granted but the data allowance mea t we could use the home WiFi almost as normal. Not bad as backup and good to know I have that to fall back on.

Exactly, I wouldn't replace my broadband with it but it's handy to have if needed. It's an absolute joke that Vodafone charge for tethering.

Databass wrote: »
    Exactly, I wouldn't replace my broadband with it but it's handy to have if needed. It's an absolute joke that Vodafone charge for tethering.

Really? Vodafone charges for tethering? That's ridiculous. I don't have landline broadband. I tether for my tablet and laptop which is sufficient for me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone have a sneaky charge for using the HS APN. Some phones (Android 8+) are capable of network rerouting of tethered data.

Unless you can definitively ensure that the only APN available within settings is the live APN (live.vodafone.com) then there's always a chance of being charged for tethering with Vodafone. Some phones have APN settings locked down to prevent editing / deleting APNs. Older versions of Android (<8) don't have this issue and APNs are easily set by user.

A network supplied handset is more likely to have their APN settings locked down and while some Android 8+ phones may well still have editable APNs the rerouting option is available to be used by networks in this way to raise revenue.

UK regulator has persuaded networks to stop surcharging and or restricting tethering...possibly under some rules of net neutrality.

AFAIK Vodafone are the only network with this tether charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Has anyone else been having issues with incoming calls sometimes? In some cases it takes 3-4 attempts for someone to get my phone to actually ring. First 1-2 attempts the phone doesn't ring but I do notice the missed calls notification. This is on iPhone and latest iOS 13.

e.g. here is attempts from a Webex dial back.

504706.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Has anyone else been having issues with incoming calls sometimes? In some cases it takes 3-4 attempts for someone to get my phone to actually ring. First 1-2 attempts the phone doesn't ring but I do notice the missed calls notification. This is on iPhone and latest iOS 13.

Ok I've figured it out. I had "Silence Unknown Callers" turned on in Settings. I always thought that would just silence "Unknown" numbers but apparently it silences all numbers that aren't in your contacts. Strange.

Advertisement