Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

When your only gripe is it takes too long to loot or can be finicky to get the prompt.

Thats it....nothing else about this game bothers me. Crackin game sorty blah blah, its the outposts that have me hooked.

Finally a game that lets me be the god damn predator (may have made some click click click noises out loud whilst playing :p)

Altho a bit of an LOL moment i videod last night, planned my assault. Queitly take out the lad with the armour sign (hmm thats new, what does that mean?) then move onto the 2 lightning lads with the double knife take down. Then finish off the 2 on the far side with the assault rifle. In and out 2 minutes tops, no alarm triggered.

Crept behind the lad with the armour sign......hmmm no takedown option....he turned around....fcuk..it all went to **** right there

Carefully planned quiet assault turned into a bloody fiery assault in which many pirates died and the entire outpost was burnt to the ground.

I learned heavy lads need heavy takedown or rocket launcher to the face.

srumball wrote: »
    how does one unlock the weapon attachments?

Buy them and attach them in the shop screen. Double click on the gun in the shop to see what you can buy.

I dont think theres an option outside of that shop to equip guns, if there is im a spa :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

loving this game.. I don't think I've died from gunfire yet but have been killed by:
    crashing hang glider
    crocodile
    tiger
    leopard
    falling off cliff
    drowning
    those big cow things
    accidentally jumping off radio tower when I thought I'd slide down zip line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

@dreamers - same thing with me and the heavys.

Waiting for a takedown prompt = fail.

Trying for a grenade takedown of other guys at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Buy them and attach them in the shop screen. Double click on the gun in the shop to see what you can buy.

I dont think theres an option outside of that shop to equip guns, if there is im a spa :(

yeah i had a look there but there are no attachments available.

I may have to do some of the missions first as I have done only 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I had the bejesus scared out of me crossing a stream when I dipped below the waterline and came face to face with a freaking crocodile. It's bridges from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Best, most cost effective way of dealing with the heavy's with the iron armour is carry a FLARE GUN!!! Seriously.....One shot and sit and look, EPIC. And they shout all the obsanities while on fire...pmsl.

Found it out the hard way on a later mission, huge fire fight no ammo left, salvage a flare gun just before the IRON MAN pops out and BLAMMO.....right in the chest! So sweet and does not cost the mad money for RPGs or nades or whatever to dispatch them quickly.

Also the SPECIAL WEAPONS you unlock are the DAWGS DANGLIES!!!

srumball wrote: »
    yeah i had a look there but there are no attachments available.

I may have to do some of the missions first as I have done only 1

Only some guns have them, radio towers seem to give you more guns. Think i have 8 done now and 16 outposts.

Anyone tried Coop? Are the outposts in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Is there more than one type of bow in the game? Notice their are 'special' weapons appearing in the shops now aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

took my last 40 out of the bank a/c to get this in town today, head down to gamestop all excited as it was 40 euro on the website. 45 euro in store. bastards. I'll get it in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any one do the lost expedition missions there was a Bioshock reference in the same one that has the abstergo file where Jason
    puts on a fake irish accent and says "would you kindly"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I learned heavy lads need heavy takedown or rocket launcher to the face.

The back of heavie's heads are uncovered. I've been taking them out at a distance with a silenced sniper rifle. Lure them over with a rock and wait for them to turn their back on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

took my last 40 out of the bank a/c to get this in town today, head down to gamestop all excited as it was 40 euro on the website. 45 euro in store. bastards. I'll get it in a few weeks.

45 in store ? ***** , I paid 60 on friday :mad:

Still epic though :D

Shark hunting is freaking hard , though i found the best way is to just head out on the boat hop on the side of it and use a gun , only problem then is swimming 40 meters down to the bottom of the sea with other freaking sharks chasing you :D

NotorietyH wrote: »
    The back of heavie's heads are uncovered. I've been taking them out at a distance with a silenced sniper rifle. Lure them over with a rock and wait for them to turn their back on me.

Kill a bull shark and you can do take downs on them

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Is there more than one type of bow in the game? Notice their are 'special' weapons appearing in the shops now aswell.

Explosive and fire tips. Need a grenade for the former and a Molotov for the latter so to be able to craft them.

45 in store ? ***** , I paid 60 on friday :mad:

i meant for pc :)

33 on G2play

I sniping sharks near the shore at outpost north in the 2nd map then swimming getting what i need and repeating. Havent been attacked by a shark yet.

Theres jellyfish and some huge Ray type fish that i cant seem to kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

33 on G2play

I sniping sharks near the shore at outpost north in the 2nd map then swimming getting what i need and repeating. Haven't been attacked by a shark yet.

There's jellyfish and some huge Ray type fish that i cant seem to kill.

Jelly fish can sting you , The Ray's are just spirits , I swam through one !

Also does anybody know what to do with feathers ? Shot down a couple of birds but i don't know what equipment they upgrade !

Just unlocked a special 1911 with a silencer ? For doing x amount of base liberations undetected , never knew that they existed , what other ones are there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What a fantastic game! the story really sucks you in, vaas is brilliant and then the gameplay is just spot on! Finally a game where I actually want to go hunting animals. I completely lost interest with hunting in RDR and AC 3 but this gives so much incentive to make items that you actually want.

I was hunting a goat (looked as pathetic as it sounds) crouching behind bushes when itgot startled and ran off. I looked around and it was a jeep full of pirates that had pulled up to their cabin. Big firefight broke out and I learned the shotgun is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Jelly fish can sting you , The Ray's are just spirits , I swam through one !

Also does anybody know what to do with feathers ? Shot down a couple of birds but i don't know what equipment they upgrade !

Just unlocked a special 1911 with a silencer ? For doing x amount of base liberations undetected , never knew that they existed , what other ones are there ?
    there's an awesome customised .45 smg and a custom shotty too.

not sure what else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

€25 from gamekeysnow.com, that's where I got my copy.

• Advertisement

While hunting for relics I've come across several stone doors that can't be opened that have a strange symbol on them , how are these accessed or are they part of the plot later.

Edit: Never mind some nades did the trick :D

calex71 wrote: »
    While hunting for relics I've come across several stone doors that can't be opened that have a strange symbol on them , how are these acessed or are they part of the plot later.

i found one
    north of Drs house that allowed me to in via cave behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Just started into this, looks epic. Cannot holster gun though! I want to get it out of my face in order to enjoy the scenery!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

i found one
    north of Drs house that allowed me to in via cave behind it
    Lob an explosive at them, instant doorway.

Finished the sp last night.
    That double crossing dread headed bitch

Agricola wrote: »
    Just started into this, looks epic. Cannot holster gun though! I want to get it out of my face in order to enjoy the scenery!

Come back and say that when tony the tiger and his pals have given you furry cuddles if instant death :D

McG wrote: »
    €25 from gamekeysnow.com, that's where I got my copy.

how long did it take for them to send you the email with instructions in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Come back and say that when tony the tiger and his pals have given you furry cuddles if instant death :D
    Oh there's a **** ton of enemies in that outpost....oh look a cage... RELEASE THE KRACKEN Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Already had a close call with a Komodo dragon! Spending a fair bit of time watching out of predatory wildlife :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I got it for 30euro off one of them serial sites. Deluxe edition. ALLCDKey I think it was.
    Arrived instant basically - then they send you the downloader.
    Serial is inputted when you start the game

• Advertisement

yeah just bought it on gameskeysnow, waiting half an hour for them to send my key :/

average time is 47 seconds apparently :)

Advertisement