Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm after getting a weird "bug" ?
    I was out on a boat at night hunting sharks , was using the camera to spot them , except when I stopped moving the camera and was looking towards land , lights would start flashing in the distance like torches , they'd come on around 10/11 of them and turn off slowly to be replaced by another one , once I left the camera they vanished , but they came back when i took i out again

Anyone else notice this ?

Not this, but last night I had fish floating above the waterline. At fist I thought they were jumping out of the water until one floated by me.

Lots of strange glitches in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I'm after getting a weird "bug" ?
    I was out on a boat at night hunting sharks , was using the camera to spot them , except when I stopped moving the camera and was looking towards land , lights would start flashing in the distance like torches , they'd come on around 10/11 of them and turn off slowly to be replaced by another one , once I left the camera they vanished , but they came back when i took i out again

Anyone else notice this ?

Jellyfish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fire has strange reflections in the water.

We seriously getting down to the nitty gritty issues now :pac:

Havent started the 2nd island yet, have completed all path of hunter and dead missions and story quests. Doing the way of the Warriors and supply runs tonight.

Then onto the island, will do the loot and letters/relics later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Dcully how are you getting such good performance :confused: ive a slightly overclocked 7970 and a i7 930 at 3.8 Ghz and im sitting in between 40-60 fps most of the time, downloading those new drivers to see if they boost performance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Resolve missing fonts issue in XBMC

Yay, the other release completely fùcked up my software so I had to roll back. Will see if this makes any notable performance increase with the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just do quick sell when your at a shop, it will get rid of all the loot that has no use and keep any skins or flowers that you can craft with

Wow how did I miss that option! Sound man! Only on chapter 3 but how addictive are outposts and towers! I love my sniper rifle but will have to put it down to try out the recurve bow. Is the bow one hit one kill with headshot?

Well done Ubi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Jellyfish

Nope , it's on the mountains and on the beaches when I'm at sea , like flash lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

All outposts, towers, side missions, items crafted, almost all the relics too, I'm probably near the end of the main story too (chapter 8) but it's so addictive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Nope , it's on the mountains and on the beaches when I'm at sea , like flash lamps

It's not a bug. When you look through the camera places of interest flash like that. It means you'll find a collectable there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Appears to be a update coming down through UPLAY wonder whats in it?

EDIT Nothing of interest really
    Release note – PC patch 1.02

Multiplayer fixes for the patch:

PVP:
    - Fix some issues with user created maps when more than 8 players were playing them.

Map Editor:
    - Fix a Map Editor crash at launch when the windows user account contains language-specific characters.

Single Player fixes for the patch:

- Fix the "View Leaderboard" and "Start Trial" buttons in the World Map.
    - Improve stability when the user is quitting to desktop.

EDIT 2 Testing out the latest drivers, before and after with 4XMSAA (most settings at their highest bar post fx and shadows), definately 10%+ improvements for me @1080p. FPS in the same section I tested went from 31-33 all the way up to 37 ish. (HD7850).

Still going back to MSAA X2 though to get up to near the 50FPS mark,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Hate reading through this thread as won't get to play till next week at earliest but can't stop.

One question though I see lots of people are using the flamethrower.
    Is there a limit to the amount of weapons you can carry i.e. usual fps 1 pistol, 1 machine gun and 1 heavy etc or does it just depend on backpack size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hate reading through this thread as won't get to play till next week at earliest but can't stop.

One question though I see lots of people are using the flamethrower.
    Is there a limit to the amount of weapons you can carry i.e. usual fps 1 pistol, 1 machine gun and 1 heavy etc or does it just depend on backpack size?
    4 max.

but you need to expand your holster from the starting 1 (2,3 then 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished the Prototypes Lab level from the Lost Expeditions dlc. Standard collect items and kill guys but nice little nod to Assassins Creed series with the story and symbols. Plus was totally worth it for the Bioshock reference. Jason puts on his best Oirish accent to say 'Would you kindly' haha

• Registered Users Posts: 53,898 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Finally nvidia have their new driver out

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

The prototype lab was cool but the other one with the timer was a bit odd, it looked like it would have been a great level if you could take your time and take in the surroundings but you just have to fly through it. Has anyone tried any user created levels? I want to make a good try at building a few maps but its hard to pull yourself away from the main game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

two things

1) I hate the bow

2) is there any way to stop the popups that appear every ten bloody seconds telling you what the current quest is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

two things

1) I hate the bow

2) is there any way to stop the popups that appear every ten bloody seconds telling you what the current quest is?

How do you check your current quest ? , or can you have multiple quests on the go at the same time and choose between them...if so ...how ?

For me the annoying pop up is any new into in the top right corner , how to make something, what a green leaf does, and you click on it..open up the new into..close it..and another automatically appears.
    Maybe there's some game option to turn off notifications, I'll have to check

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    How do you check your current quest ? , or can you have multiple quests on the go at the same time and choose between them...if so ...how ?

For me the annoying pop up is any new into in the top right corner , how to make something, what a green leaf does, and you click on it..open up the new into..close it..and another automatically appears.
    Maybe there's some game option to turn off notifications, I'll have to check
    One quest at a time, either main quest line or you can do one of the many side quests that pop up after you clear each outpost.

Much like ac3, there doesnt seem to be an active quest screen to check out in the menu (although i could have missed it among the many tabs in the options)

Iv spent alittle over id say 10 hours in the game, and have afew tips that might help if your new to the game.

When taking an outpost, get a good vantage point on a hill or rock from afar, and shoot the red alarm box with your sniper rifle to disable it, some times there are 2 of these alarm boxs to take out. now you dont have to worry about reinforcements being called in.

Also the first sniper rifle doesnt allow any attachments, but the second one allows 2, so you can put on a silencer and high powered scope (good for taking out the alarm boxs without been heard).

And lastly, instead of buying guns, save your cash and as you climb and unlock radio towers, each gun becomes free in the shop.

I wish i was recording yesterday when i was walking by a small pond in the middle of nowhere, i was walking right by the edge of the water line, with the pond to my right and an un-climable hill 3 feet to my left going around the pond.
    I was walking along when a deer darted by inchs to my right splashing the edge of the water, i drew my smg and shoot maybe 4 rounds into the dears backside, didnt kill it but the impact of the shot made its back legs buckle as it ran in the shallow water, it stumbled slightly.. and then out of nowhere (or rather the pond) a gator snatched that F&(*(r in one quick swipe and draged it into the pond.. i swear to god it was like something from a wildlife program..

Im almost convinced it was scripted, it was so damn real, it had to be, and i bet when you walk by any pond with gaters in it that has deer in the same area, one will just spawn in behind you and run past to get snatched by a gator ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Still devastated that I can't publish maps with vehicles, Ai, ziplines, or gun placements and without shared spawns. I should have checked first and not bought it. Good single player, but that was just a small bonus, I bought it to make and share maps. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

One quest at a time, either main quest line or you can do one of the many side quests that pop up after you clear each outpost.

Much like ac3, there doesnt seem to be an active quest screen to check out in the menu (although i could have missed it among the many tabs in the options)

Iv spent alittle over id say 10 hours in the game, and have afew tips that might help if your new to the game.

When taking an outpost, get a good vantage point on a hill or rock from afar, and shoot the red alarm box with your sniper rifle to disable it, some times there are 2 of these alarm boxs to take out. now you dont have to worry about reinforcements being called in.

Also the first sniper rifle doesnt allow any attachments, but the second one allows 2, so you can put on a silencer and high powered scope (good for taking out the alarm boxs without been heard).

And lastly, instead of buying guns, save your cash and as you climb and unlock radio towers, each gun becomes free in the shop.

I wish i was recording yesterday when i was walking by a small pond in the middle of nowhere, i was walking right by the edge of the water line, with the pond to my right and an un-climable hill 3 feet to my left going around the pond.
    I was walking along when a deer darted by inchs to my right splashing the edge of the water, i drew my smg and shoot maybe 4 rounds into the dears backside, didnt kill it but the impact of the shot made its back legs buckle as it ran in the shallow water, it stumbled slightly.. and then out of nowhere (or rather the pond) a gator snatched that F&(*(r in one quick swipe and draged it into the pond.. i swear to god it was like something from a wildlife program..

Im almost convinced it was scripted, it was so damn real, it had to be, and i bet when you walk by any pond with gaters in it that has deer in the same area, one will just spawn in behind you and run past to get snatched by a gator ..

Something like that happend to me earlier today. I was walking beside a lake/river and i saw this dude walking towards the river on his own. He wasnt an enemy ( not wearing red). He looked more like one of those tribal guys. I thought talking to him might trigger a side quest or something so i walked towards him. As he reached the bank, a croc jumped out from the water and in one swosh took him into the water. I literally jumped out of my seat as this was the first time i saw a croc in the game. I shot the croc but i dont think i killed it as I couldnt find its body but i did see the poor souls body floating by on the river.

I was so impressed by what happend at the time but now after reading your post, i think it was probably scripted too. Still i really enjoyed it and i hope to see more of that .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Don;'t think anything like that is scripted. I'm not far enough into the game to confirm for sure, but apparently one of the best ways of luring certain animals in in order to hunt them is to kill some of their favourite prey first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Fúck sake half a gig of updates in the first week. Be another 40 minutes before I can get into it now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Agricola wrote: »
    Fúck sake half a gig of updates in the first week. Be another 40 minutes before I can get into it now :mad:

Kinda glad they're getting all this patching out of the way now so I can download it all in one big go this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

1) I hate the bow

Dafuq ?? The bow is awesome ! Getting huge long range shots with it are class... bears taking 3 arrows to the knee... i mean face... is kinda annoying tho.

Came across some ****er with armor on earlier... swear to god i shot him like 10 times with a sniper (The head first, then the legs when i noticed the armor...) before getting in a car and running him over !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Magill wrote: »
    Dafuq ?? The bow is awesome ! Getting huge long range shots with it are class... bears taking 3 arrows to the knee... i mean face... is kinda annoying tho.

Came across some ****er with armor on earlier... swear to god i shot him like 10 times with a sniper (The head first, then the legs when i noticed the armor...) before getting in a car and running him over !
    These are heavies with lmgs. There's a special take down for them, you can headshot them too but it's difficult, or my personal preferance if takedown isn possible, 1 c4= 1 kill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

two things

Read this on RPS and thought of the above :P :D
    Notifications

A recent study I’ve just made up showed that human beings now spend up to 12% of their waking life switching the notifications off on things. From every app on every phone, tablet and computer, to every console, alarm clock, and Twitter client, everything in the world seems to believe that we want to be constantly notified of things. STOP NOTIFYING ME OF THINGS, EVERYTHING! And especially you, Far Cry 3, you utter prick. At least damned Twitter apps have an option buried beneath seventeen chains of menus to turn the bloody things off. Far Cry 3 does not, and it WILL NOT SHUT UP.

One of the real joys of the game is the freedom. I can pursue the main storyline, or I can run over here and see what’s in this cave, and then hang-glide to that village, kill all the red-wearing bastards who live there, then go murder a blue-eared lama or something. But for reasons unexplainable by all non-tiger people, I cannot do any of this without the game SCREAMING at me that there’s still the main storyline mission to do. A pop-up text box that takes up a dramatic amount of the upper-left of the screen appears with an alarming swoosh-kaaaa noise, telling me that I should be meeting with Beard White Guy #7 now. No I shouldn’t! I should be spelunking right here, and then chasing parrots. So oh God please will you just shut up.

No, it won’t shut up. It will never shut up. It won’t shut up while you’re actually doing the mission it’s reminding you to do. Despite being in an elaborate cave network only accessible by following the quest, in the middle of taking out guards and making your way down the slope, it’ll appear telling you, “Take out the guards and go down the slope.” OH GOOD GRIEF I KNOW I’M DOING IT SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

You have to play the game to understand how teeth-destroyingly frustrating it is, this ****ing text box that obsessively stalks you, incessantly screaming at you to stop having fun and do the mission even if you’ve stopped having fun and are doing the mission… it’s evil. It’s a force of evil. And the serious issue here is that it demonstrates something very concerning – they absolutely cannot have sat down anyone from outside the dev team to play the game before finalising it. Because any non-tiger species would have turned around and said to them, “If you don’t make this godforsaken text box stop appearing, I’m going to hunt every one of you down and put you in a zoo.” It smacks of extreme arrogance, of failing to playtest properly, or of just hating humanity

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/04/what-i-loathe-about-far-cry-3/#more-134082

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Magill wrote: »

50cal to the head and that's him fooked.
    I love how the bodies fling backwards like ragdolls when you shoot them with the 50 cal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ok, I am stuck on the part where
    you have to kill the big fecking devil creature with a bow and arrow.
    I keep dying real quick..helpppp!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

py2006 wrote: »
    strafe side to side, stock a ton of green leaves and constantly make new syringes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,898 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

py2006 wrote: »

Kill the
    devil creature
    with the exploding arrows to the head and once he's done, go into a corner and kill anything that has glowing eyes. I just basically sprayed arrows at anything that has glowing eyes while in the corner

Advertisement