Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

is it just me or is the weapon select wheel a ****ing nightmare with a mouse?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yep it is abysmal. All the worse if you have player dishonored recently as the select wheel was near perfect in that game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its the LB on the xbox, i keep fooking up and using RB which is the grenade button /restart mission :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Limericks wrote: »
    Just finished it. Seriously amazing.
    What ending did people pick? I decided to stay with the rakyat and kill the friends and got a little show out of it :P

Would like to know what the other ending was though!

Ha yeah, same one I opted for.

If you're really curious about the other one (like I was :o, still will do another playthrough mind you), Youtube search it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman wrote: »
    Right.....I haven't played my PS3 in 18 months......but reading this makes me thinks I need to dust off the old horse.

How do those playing on console find it?

My pc is 5 years old but was very highly specced at the time....how would this hold up:

Mother Board: ABIT IN9 32X-MAX WiFi, nForce-680i SLI, Socket-775,ATX,2xGbLAN,DDR2,2xPCI-Ex16
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 8MB
    RAM: OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 4096MB KIT,w/two 2048MB PC6400 XTC, CL5-5-5-4
    Sound Card: Creative SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

unless im missing something you're missing a graphics card....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah. A bloody nightmare. I've stopped using it and changed the setting for prev/next weapon to mousr scroll down/up.

It really annoys me that when you click esc to read one of the pop up messages, it makes you exit out of three other menus when you're done before you get back to your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

unless im missing something you're missing a graphics card....

Woops.

GPU: XFX GeForce 8800GT 670M 512MB XXX GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDCP, 670/1950Mhz
    Mother Board: ABIT IN9 32X-MAX WiFi, nForce-680i SLI, Socket-775,ATX,2xGbLAN,DDR2,2xPCI-Ex16

• Registered Users Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm playing on ps3, runs great and looks brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Such a good game, best ive played in ages. I always say ill finish the storyline for every new game but never get around to it, definitely gonna finish this one! Anyone else find the falling damage a bit excessive? Fell from about 10ft earlier on and died?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    To answer your question, yes you can still play on after completing the story.

Is there much to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm getting awful "shadow" flickering, on buildings, doors, to the point where it's extremely annoying. Used to get it on Skyrim too.

Running 2 6870s in Crossfire,

Also, anytime I exit the game - it cant connect to Uplay or whatever, and it half-stalls the whole game. Have to exit to main menu and reload

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Fizman wrote: »
    Woops.

GPU: XFX GeForce 8800GT 670M 512MB XXX GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDCP, 670/1950Mhz

PS3 would probably be the safer bet TBH.

Even the 8800GTX (the minimum recommended GPU) which is a bit more powerful than your 8800GT struggles to get playable FPS until you get down to medium setting @1600X900.

It might run it but I'd say you'd be doing well to pull more than maybe medium @1280X1024 or low @1600X900. .

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=2886&game=Far%20Cry%203&title=Far%20Cry%203%20PC%20Hardware%20Analysis%20And%20Far%20Cry%203%20Graphics%20Benchmark

Shame as the CPU would probably still do reasonably ok paired with a faster GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Wow just did the burning the weed mission, thats was a stupid amount of fun, loved the "effects" and the music that kicks in when you start the fires. Came across my first heavy in it as well and was thrown for a second as how to kill him but then just looked at the flamethrower in my hands and went to work.... mmm crispy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I didnt use the Flame thrower on that mission :(

Tried to be stealthy until i realised they kept spawning. I was a ghost in the field lobbing molotovs and hitting the barrels with the silence sniper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads, do I need the dog tags, cards, glasses at any point or are they just for selling?

Is there much to do?

Depends, as in it depends on how much side quests, outposts, radio towers, etc you do before completing the story.

I did all the outposts and radio towers myself. Now just left with side quests and other bits n bobs which I'll get around to doing over the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I presume there will be DLC's?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Lads, do I need the dog tags, cards, glasses at any point or are they just for selling?

Just for selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

sheehy83 wrote: »

Just do quick sell when your at a shop, it will get rid of all the loot that has no use and keep any skins or flowers that you can craft with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Headshot wrote: »
    I presume there will be DLC's?

There already is with the lost expeditions pack that comes with some pre orders. Adds a few more hours of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone able to tell me why the camera changes from blue to orange some times? It sometimes does it when I aim at a dead body and when I take a picture with it, I get some chime. It kinda sounds like citra saying "oooh" Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

There already is with the lost expeditions pack that comes with some pre orders. Adds a few more hours of gameplay.

Im talking about future ones. It be nice to know that it will have the same support as skyrim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just played it for a few hours now, really awesome looking game so far. The gameplay actually suprised me in how smooth it was as well tbh, feels really satisfying popping the pirates in the head with an AK for sure. Had heard a few mixed reports on performance on PC, but my average enough system runs it at about 40fps on ultra@1080p. Will look forward to playing through it over the christmas break for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Anyone able to tell me why the camera changes from blue to orange some times? It sometimes does it when I aim at a dead body and when I take a picture with it, I get some chime. It kinda sounds like citra saying "oooh" Very odd.
    something about when it turns to yellow/orange it's a picture to take.

idk what you do with them tho. do they save to the FC3 folder or something? or onto uplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This game is savage.

Just picked it up yesterday, got my bow, then spent a good 30 mins chasing goats to try and kill and skin one for a quiver upgrade, while being shot at.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

On the 2nd part of the islands now, still feel like I've loads left to complete.

Love that flamethrower, complete end-game weapon for me when bullets aren't enough. Very satisfying when about 5 fellas are running towards you around the corner and you just pop out and fry the lot of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

AMD have released beta drivers, I think these only work for legacy cards HD 5000/6000/7000 series

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_12_11_beta_download.html
    (Please note that AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta11 includes all of the fixes found in previous versions of AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta)

Improves performance in Far Cry 3 (up to 25% with 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled @ 1600p, and up to 15% with 8xMSAA, HDAO enabled @1600p) (AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 must also be installed)
    Resolves a sporadic system hang encountered with a single AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPU seen on X58 and X79 chipsets.
    Resolves an intermittent hang encountered with AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in a CrossFire Eyefinity setup.
    Resolves image corruption found in certain DirectX 9.0c titles
    Resolve missing fonts issue in XBMC
    Resolves no video issue found in Media Player Classic Home Cinema when using full or half floating point processing
    Resolves stability issues found in the previous AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta8 driver for Linux
    For users experiencing issues with HDMI Audio under Ubuntu 12.04, users should try installing the “dkms-hda - 0.201211291615~precise1” package from https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive/alsa-daily/+packages and reboot; this will resolve the HDMI Audio issue found in Ubuntu 12.04
    AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 has just been released, and should be used in conjunction with AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta11
    Improves Far Cry 3 performance for single GPU configurations with AA enabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I'm after getting a weird "bug" ?
    I was out on a boat at night hunting sharks , was using the camera to spot them , except when I stopped moving the camera and was looking towards land , lights would start flashing in the distance like torches , they'd come on around 10/11 of them and turn off slowly to be replaced by another one , once I left the camera they vanished , but they came back when i took i out again

Anyone else notice this ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm after getting a weird "bug" ?
    I was out on a boat at night hunting sharks , was using the camera to spot them , except when I stopped moving the camera and was looking towards land , lights would start flashing in the distance like torches , they'd come on around 10/11 of them and turn off slowly to be replaced by another one , once I left the camera they vanished , but they came back when i took i out again

Anyone else notice this ?
    I've seen that with the camera a few times but not 10/11 of them tho!

Advertisement