Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

which game is better far cry 3 or hit man,i cant decide which game to get,both are getting good reviews but so did assassins creed 3 and that was, to me, fairly underwhelming.I know there very different games but which one should i go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fry cry 3 pisses all over the other recent big games hitman, ac 3, black ops 2, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Now that they have announced Far Cry 3 at E3 the other day, what does everyone think about it?

Personally I love the Far Cry games and this is really good news for me. The second game had it share of problems but was a damn good game.
    I just hope that they have fixed the problems from the second game.

Love fc2, great game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The reaction to the game seems to be very positive, might pick it up to play through over Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

downloading far cry installer...

christ it'd be faster if I torrented it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Agricola wrote: »
    Just started into this, looks epic. Cannot holster gun though! I want to get it out of my face in order to enjoy the scenery!

lol what resolution you running? i dont have that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

ronoc 1 wrote: »
    which game is better far cry 3 or hit man,i cant decide which game to get,both are getting good reviews but so did assassins creed 3 and that was, to me, fairly underwhelming.I know there very different games but which one should i go for.

Far Cry by a mile, I got hitman finished it but never want to play it again. to structured and I hate structure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

downloading far cry installer...

christ it'd be faster if I torrented it

You should see try the UPlay store, I got a complimentary FC3 key with a my HD7850 and the download took ages. It'd nearly have been as quick if I had to type out the 1's and 0's by hand :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have the game downloaded and installed it's looking pretty good,am Trying to keep it for xmas,so just played a few mins of it to see how it ran/looked :o ya we'll see how long that lasts :o also I can only seem to play with dx9,the option to change it is greyed out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Have the game downloaded and installed it's looking pretty good,am Trying to keep it for xmas,so just played a few mins of it to see how it ran/looked :o ya we'll see how long that lasts :o also I can only seem to play with dx9,the option to change it is greyed out.

Your GTX 260 can't do DX 11 unfortunately. Good luck not playing it tho, I fired it up for a peek last night cos i'm still in the middle of MP 3. Went to bed at 2am a Full 4 hours later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I havent enjoyed a game like this since skyrim

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Gawd! Once you upgraded your take down skills you'll feel like king of the jungle it's super AWESOME!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

every time I play a new game it takes me 4-5 hours of fiddling with mouse speed to feel comfortable playing it... nowhere near there yet but so far really enjoying the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I get this odd blue look in fraps screenshots in FC3.

Like my reds are blue lol

http://imgur.com/a/k527h

Its perfect in game.

i7-920 @ 3.7
    570gtx @ 895/2006
    10gb ram.
    1080p with some options on ultra.

I was trying to get all the towers but it told me i was leaving the boundaries and killed me. I guess i need story missions to unlock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Notorioux wrote: »
    Gawd! Once you upgraded your take down skills you'll feel like king of the jungle it's super AWESOME!!!

Your the god damn Predator tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Blue frame rate counter in fraps means you are playing in directx 11 mode.

tuxy wrote: »
    Blue frame rate counter in fraps means you are playing in directx 11 mode.

hmm strange I have fraps always running and mine is always yellow

what did you say about that dx11 bug again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Right.....I haven't played my PS3 in 18 months......but reading this makes me thinks I need to dust off the old horse.

How do those playing on console find it?

My pc is 5 years old but was very highly specced at the time....how would this hold up:

Mother Board: ABIT IN9 32X-MAX WiFi, nForce-680i SLI, Socket-775,ATX,2xGbLAN,DDR2,2xPCI-Ex16
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 8MB
    RAM: OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 4096MB KIT,w/two 2048MB PC6400 XTC, CL5-5-5-4
    Sound Card: Creative SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Headshot wrote: »
    hmm strange I have fraps always running and mine is always yellow

what did you say about that dx11 bug again?

There is a different exe to run to make sure you are in dx11 mode farcry3_d3d11.exe

If it still shows up in yellow maybe you are using an old version of fraps.

tuxy wrote: »
    There is a different exe to run to make sure you are in dx11 mode farcry3_d3d11.exe

If it still shows up in yellow maybe you are using an old version of fraps.

And I thought my mind couldnt get ****ed anymore

Iv the latest fraps and i use dx11 far cry 3 (I go into far cry 3 folder/bin and select farcry3_d3d11 and it takes me to uplay (crap) and play from there

No blue fraps for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Dcully wrote: »
    lol what resolution you running? i dont have that problem.

Native res! No I just mean it would be so much nicer to be able to put the gun away when you're just searching shacks or generally walking from A to B.

Hopefully it gets patched in but I wouldnt bet on it.

Headshot wrote: »
    And I thought my mind couldnt get ****ed anymore

Iv the latest fraps and i use dx11 far cry 3 (I go into far cry 3 folder/bin and select farcry3_d3d11 and it takes me to uplay (crap) and play from there

No blue fraps for me

If "MSAA X8" kills your framerate compared to "MSAA off" then you can be sure you are definately running in DX 11 mode.

marco_polo wrote: »
    If "MSAA X8" kills your framerate compared to "MSAA off" then you can be sure you are definately running in DX 11 mode.
    Why is that?

yap it murders the framerate lol

without it, its like 90-120 frame rate and with the MSAA X8 on, its unplayable

Nvidia really made a balls of that last driver update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

kaimera wrote: »
    I get this odd blue look in fraps screenshots in FC3.

Like my reds are blue lol

http://imgur.com/a/k527h

Its perfect in game.

i7-920 @ 3.7
    570gtx @ 895/2006
    10gb ram.
    1080p with some options on ultra.

I was trying to get all the towers but it told me i was leaving the boundaries and killed me. I guess i need story missions to unlock it?

I presume you tried to get onto the second Island yeah ?

You've to unlock it by flying there on a mission which is a bit daft as it literally takes a 9 min swim or a 2 minute boat ride , so basically keep progressing with the story game play and you'll get to it !

Also on the second Island I'm seriously missing the bog standard Pirates :( got spotted during a base take over , get reinforcements called in , I'm all like yeah , come at me bitches I can take ye , throw a couple of C4 , take out the heavies , thinking I'm a freaking God , 2 helicopters turn up with me having just a Bow , Sub machine gun , D50 hand gun and a Spass Shotgun :( , que me running for 5 minutes down the valley before getting killed by a tiger while being shot at by copters :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Your GTX 260 can't do DX 11 unfortunately.

Ah ya I know that :) I was hoping for DX 10 Though :):o

Ah ya I know that :) I was hoping for DX 10 Though :):o

You took a while to reply, been playing far cry 3 since by any chance? ;)

You took a while to reply, been playing far cry 3 since by any chance? ;)

No I haven't caved in yet :D MUST STAY STRONG MUST STAY STRONG MUST STAY..........

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soap1978

When u finish it,do u get to play around on the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

What's everyone's favourite way of taking out outposts?

I love the silenced entry but since there's more dogs with each one I like to drive in and mow down what I can with a jeep! Drive back out and let the dogs follow me. Mow them down and follow in with the silenced sniper!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

soap1978 wrote: »
    When u finish it,do u get to play around on the map?

I literally just finished it there. To answer your question, yes you can still play on after completing the story.

Advertisement