Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

There is a fairly substantial development going into that corner in the near future. Thats all i am willing to say now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Tefral wrote: »
    There is a fairly substantial development going into that corner in the near future. Thats all i am willing to say now.

M&S? No wait, a Monorail........ wait, wait a Burrito shop!!!?? Lemme guess...... Galway Bay Brewery?!

Unless you have something to say, it's probably best you don't say anything. Rumors tend to get out of hand here.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

davo2001 wrote: »
    M&S? No wait, a Monorail........ wait, wait a Burrito shop!!!?? Lemme guess...... Galway Bay Brewery?!

Unless you have something to say, it's probably best you don't say anything. Rumors tend to get out of hand here.

They're putting in a foot bridge so you dont have to wait for the traffic lights :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Heard its a Kebab shop...no wait...its Boojum Buritos

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Free parking up to 11:30am, starting on December 5th.
    Also includes Abbeyfeale, Kilmallock and Newcastle West.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/224915/limerick-shoppers-to-park-for-free-for-christmas.html

Not clear if the multistoreys are included, and it's not clear if Saturdays are included.

Still, it's a good gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Mr E wrote: »
    Free parking up to 11:30am, starting on December 5th.
    Also includes Abbeyfeale, Kilmallock and Newcastle West.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/224915/limerick-shoppers-to-park-for-free-for-christmas.html

Not clear if the multistoreys are included, and it's not clear if Saturdays are included.

Still, it's a good gesture.

It's just on street parking. It'd be up to the private multistorey car park operators if they want to offer any concessions around the Christmas period.

Vanquished wrote: »
    It's just on street parking. It'd be up to the private multistorey car park operators if they want to offer any concessions around the Christmas period.

Which they should, even if it was 1 hour free parking, normal price after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I wonder if there's any proven effect of providing free parking. It's a very popular thing to do but are parking costs really such a barrier to suburban and country people coming into the city to shop? I'd have thought traffic and general hassle were the main reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

A Euro shop - DOH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

zulutango wrote: »
    I wonder if there's any proven effect of providing free parking. It's a very popular thing to do but are parking costs really such a barrier to suburban and country people coming into the city to shop? I'd have thought traffic and general hassle were the main reasons.

I doubt it, many go in to town with no intention of paying on street parking as it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

A development as in a new building or just a new shop?

A development as in a new building or just a new shop?

New building. I've heard about the plans the client is doing. The back of the pharmacy used to flood the whole time and they were sick of staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I see Easons opened in the Crescent on Monday.

Fine big shop and very busy. I'd say the bookshop in the centre of the shopping center are delighted. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Is there a timeframe for when the extension to the Crescent is due to open?

Fine big shop and very busy. I'd say the bookshop in the centre of the shopping center are delighted. :o

Competition will be good, maybe they will up their game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Trying to get rid of indepenpent stores out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

When Easons opened in Shannon they merged the existing bookshop into it as some sort of franchise arrangement not sure if this is what they are doing in the crescent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

elastico wrote: »
    When Easons opened in Shannon they merged the existing bookshop into it as some sort of franchise arrangement not sure if this is what they are doing in the crescent.

That was McLoughneys. They were a newsagents who sold books rather than a bookshop. They basically took the franchise and moved across the mall.

Ironically Eason supply the books to that shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Ironically Eason supply the books to that shop!
    I wonder what's gonna happen there? Will easons keep supplying them once they open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Umekichi wrote: »
    I wonder what's gonna happen there? Will easons keep supplying them once they open?

Easons and the new Easons store are different companies. One is the wholesaler and Franchise holder and the store in the crescent is a Franchisee.

The Franchisee doesn't supply them in the same way BWG own spar and supply loads of independent Stores. Spar stores, a franchisee, don't really care about wholesale supply to competitors.

Berty wrote: »
    Easons and the new Easons store are different companies. One is the wholesaler and Franchise holder and the store in the crescent is a Franchisee.

The Franchisee doesn't supply them in the same way BWG own spar and supply loads of independent Stores. Spar stores, a franchisee, don't really care about wholesale supply to competitors.

The store in the crescent isn't a franchise. Its run by Eason themselves directly. The store in the Parkway is a Franchse store run by Rocklands Retail, a Castlebar based company. The same company owns the HomeCare Medical in the Parkway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My bad. I thought I read that the parkway crowd were taking on the crescent store as a franchise. Ignore what I said then of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I ran past Milano's on Harvey's Quay last night, and the large office unit above is very nearly ready by the looks of it. The lights were on and it looked like the finishing touches were being done.

Anybody know what's going in there? It's a much bigger space than you'd think. I'd imagine there's room for 50 or 60 workers at least.

It'll be a lovely place to work with that view over the river.

EY is moving in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The White House appears to be reopening this weekend. From the interview in The Limerick Post by the new owner it sounds like it will cater for the sporty crowd.

panda100 wrote: »
    The White House appears to be reopening this weekend. From the interview in The Limerick Post by the new owner it sounds like it will cater for the sporty crowd.

Cool, might drop in for a pint after the Munster game on Saturday.

panda100 wrote: »

It was a terrible interview. Your man Varley came across as a bit of a k**b.

Got a link to the article?

• Advertisement

Got a link to the article?

I read the actual paper.

Advertisement