Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

An File wrote: »
    Big pink - bringing pessimism and misery to Boards.ie since 2010.

I wouldn't have it any other way. He/She adds a bit of spice to the place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone been to The Granary actually? Is it one of those places you wouldn't go if you weren't eating in the restaurant part or is it good for a pint too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Granary is such a nice building but they just need to get the right crowd in.Need to get away from the young image.be handy for a coffee when at the library
    Having Tuscany a known restaurant a good move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sure Peter Clohessy himself served me in his bar on Denmark Street 3 weeks ago :)

Didn't know he had a pub on Denmark Street - which one is it? I thought he just had Crokers in Murroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Didn't know he had a pub on Denmark Street - which one is it? I thought he just had Crokers in Murroe.

Clohesseys on Denmark Street. It's been open about a year and a half. Old McDaids/Cuckoo Box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Jofspring wrote: »
    Clohesseys on Denmark Street. It's been open about a year and a half. Old McDaids/Cuckoo Box.

Thanks. Jesus, shows how much I go out in town these days! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I went to The White House last night and thought they had done a lovely job on it. Nice crowd and still maintains its authentic pub feel. I see that the poets still have control of the White Houses's twitter handle. Varley must be looking for that back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,956 ✭✭✭leakyboots

apc wrote: »
    Apparently the TVs are only to be turned on for something specific like a Munster game and will be off all other times. I hope they stick to it

They had Liverpool v Leeds on when I went walking past the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

An File wrote: »
    Big pink - bringing pessimism and misery to Boards.ie since 2010.

Oh it's much longer than that.
    Her previous incarnation disappeared off of here after she was brought to task on her badmouthing by a local "celeb"/business owner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

leakyboots wrote: »
    They had Liverpool v Leeds on when I went walking past the other day

He already said in his Leader interview that they'll put sport on if requested, but won't have the TV on otherwise.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »

I don't think it's that long. 6 months maybe? Around the time of the euros I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I don't think it's that long. 6 months maybe? Around the time of the euros I thought.

Think it's a year at least. I seem to remember wandering in there during our office Christmas bender this time last year.

zulutango wrote: »
    Think it's a year at least. I seem to remember wandering in there during our office Christmas bender this time last year.

Oh really? Can't remember it before the summer at all! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

His son is fronting the place on Denmark street afaik.

bazz26 wrote: »

He was on the door last time I was in (you can't mistake him) and Peter was behind the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bazz26 wrote: »

I thought it was his nephew?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I thought it was his sons nephews son ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Wandered into The White House. Its old charm is mostly gone. It's a shame Varley didn't appreciate it more. It was one of the finest old pubs in the country and it could have been successful without ripping out its character. Can't say I like the crowd there. Rough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MrLaurel

Can't say I like the crowd there. Rough enough.
    Really? Dressed up scrotes or loud drunkards? I haven't been there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

Tefral wrote: »
    There is a fairly substantial development going into that corner in the near future. Thats all i am willing to say now.

In to the O'Sullivan's Pharmacy corner? They have that building actively available for lease at €100k per annum. Are you saying they're going to level the building for a whole new development? There are two new businesses due to open on Sarsfield Street in 2017 which should finally bring that street fully back to life. It'd be a shame if O'Sullivans on the corner ends up vacant for an extended period.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

There's a new cafe open in the former Punch's Hotel, opened Friday.
    Was in yesterday lunch time and not bad. Toasted sandwiches for €5-6, hot food available at lunch as well.
    Can't remember the name though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's Green Yard Cafe. It's in the old lemongrass, corner original building. Tis a nice place, close to a bistro really as three people in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I see Cex have the parkway store listed on the website now

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

Wandered into The White House. Its old charm is mostly gone. It's a shame Varley didn't appreciate it more. It was one of the finest old pubs in the country and it could have been successful without ripping out its character. Can't say I like the crowd there. Rough enough.

I'd imagine that he'll try to ensure the rough crowd are kept clear of the place urgently. I suppose you're bound to get teething problems at the start when you're trying to filter people but very busy.

I was in House for the first time at the weekend, very impressed by it.

dunworth1 wrote: »

Just too add was in the parkway and looks like works are underway in the unit

Wonder if we will see it opening this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Just too add was in the parkway and looks like works are underway in the unit

Wonder if we will see it opening this year

They've got quite a basic fit out and xtravision lends itself to them too. Don't see why a few late nights couldn't have them open before Christmas week. It would certainly be worth their while.

They've got quite a basic fit out and xtravision lends itself to them too. Don't see why a few late nights couldn't have them open before Christmas week. It would certainly be worth their while.

was thinking the same myself it would be in their interest to open before

White House not selling beamish trying to get rid of of certain cliente thay drank it.Also refusing alot of older day drinkers that use go in daytime afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

bigpink wrote: »
    White House not selling beamish trying to get rid of of certain cliente thay drank it.Also refusing alot of older day drinkers that use go in daytime afternoon

Sounds like a great business model.
    I mean, the class of scoundrel who drinks a pint or two of Beamish (myself included) deserves short shrift in any decent licensed premises nowadays.

• Advertisement

tippman1 wrote: »
    Sounds like a great business model.
    I mean, the class of scoundrel who drinks a pint or two of Beamish (myself included) deserves short shrift in any decent licensed premises nowadays.
    Dont want any of the old crowd in there

Advertisement