Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Berty wrote: »
    Didnt somebody say here say that the beauty place is expanding into it?

Yeah it has the exact same sign style as the beauty place next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ElNino

yop wrote: »
    Didn't someone buy out all the xtravision shops, for the life of me I can't remember who!! :o:rolleyes:

HMV bought the Xtravision shops in 2013. However they put them into liquidation in January this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Berty wrote: »
    Didnt somebody say here say that the beauty place is expanding into it?

I heard elsewhere they are taking it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I heard elsewhere they are taking it alright.

Yes the beauty place is expanding into it, I know as I know the owner and will be doing some audio work in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I see Gloria Jeans has opened in Arthurs Quay beside Holland & Barrett. Was very busy when I passed there yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭black & white

panda100 wrote: »
    I see Gloria Jeans has opened in Arthurs Quay beside Holland & Barrett. Was very busy when I passed there yesterday

Glad to see people employed but that's one less place where things are made fresh and have a variety to the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Has Fine Things closed or just moved? They did quite nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Has Fine Things closed or just moved? They did quite nice food.

Closed down. The owner is working in Aroi now last I heard, think he might be a manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭black & white

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Closed down. The owner is working in Aroi now last I heard, think he might be a manager

Correct.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is that three of them in Limerick, or did they move from Thomas street?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The Granary bar has opened but it incorps the Tuscany Bistro at the Granary very confusing.They still have the Orchard Bar sign up
    Courtyard is now roofed but its very warehouse style

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Any sign of Galway Bay Brewery opening before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Bowes Ryan cafe opening upstairs in Arthurs Quay.

their logo says generations of good food but I've never heard of them? Are they known in Limerick?

https://www.facebook.com/ArthursQuayLimerick/photos/a.251430265067782.1073741828.251425515068257/545950332282439/?type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Any sign of Galway Bay Brewery opening before Christmas?

Any sign of the Galway Bay Brewery opening at all?? They have been on about it for ages, but no sign of progress with the premises. I walked past there last week and would say that it's highly unlikely they will be open before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I was away for a few days. Did The White House open at the weekend? There were loads of people drinking in there on Thursday night at what was presumably a pre-opening bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

Walked past looked like its painted grey and has tvs

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭apc

bigpink wrote: »
    Walked past looked like its painted grey and has tvs

Apparently the TVs are only to be turned on for something specific like a Munster game and will be off all other times. I hope they stick to it

A buddy of mine text me earlier saying he was in The White House tonight (could still be for all I know) and he's well impressed with the place. Apparently they did a great job on the basement. I asked him about the pints. The Heineken is A1 Sharon :pac: but the Guinness is questionable :(

A buddy of mine text me earlier saying he was in The White House tonight (could still be for all I know) and he's well impressed with the place. Apparently they did a great job on the basement. I asked him about the pints. The Heineken is A1 Sharon :pac: but the Guinness is questionable :(

What kinda vibe they have/going for?Pity if they didnt keep.the character can alwaus change the crowd
    His interview in the paper seems like a right w**ker
    Altho brave move opening a lub with no background or experience.Wonder will the rugby player be pulling pints and cleaning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What kinda vibe they have/going for?Pity if they didnt keep.the character can alwaus change the crowd
    Altho brave move opening a lub with no background or experience.Wonder will the rugby player be pulling pints and cleaning?

Is it weird i kinda agreed with him in the paper?..

The poets attempted to take the pub over on nights they were there.. some nights really ahd an uncomfortable atmosphere in there if you weren't 'one of them'

if he can make it a more inclusive pub, showing a few matches,and with a decent(reasonably priced) pint, then all thew best to him!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Is it weird i kinda agreed with him in the paper?..

The poets attempted to take the pub over on nights they were there.. some nights really ahd an uncomfortable atmosphere in there if you weren't 'one of them'

if he can make it a more inclusive pub, showing a few matches,and with a decent(reasonably priced) pint, then all thew best to him!
    Dont say anything.Open the pub,work at all,learn the trade.Or dont mention that in the interview just say cant wait to open etc all welcome

Wonder is it barstaff with tweed waistcoats ties braces and fancy gins that all bars seem to be doing

Couldn't tell you what kind of vibe they're aiming for until I see the place myself. I heard someone say the same thing about his interview. I'd be the last person to judge someones character based on a Limerick Post/Leader interview. He employs staff to do those jobs for him but I was told he was behind the bar this evening and then went away. Sure Peter Clohessy himself served me in his bar on Denmark Street 3 weeks ago :)

At least competitionn in town now.House Teds White House The Granary all going for the same crowd altho Teds is a bit rougher

At least competitionn in town now.House Teds White House The Granary all going for the same crowd altho Teds is a bit rougher

Great to see it too. The more the merrier.

Great to see it too. The more the merrier.

Granary have a hard job with the bad image.Jerry Flannerys opening a mudic venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Christ I don't even know where to begin..

Granary have a hard job with the bad image.Jerry Flannerys opening a mudic venue

Have you some sort of issue with new business ventures in Limerick? Particularly night life businesses. The place is badly in need of a boost and is getting just that. The majority of these places have just opened up and there are more to come. No harm in a bit of competition. Lets give them all a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Big pink - bringing pessimism and misery to Boards.ie since 2010.

Advertisement