Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

Ah, I like Anna Geary..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It's like that Riyadh Khalaf guy. His youtube career is going down the toilet. (Has about 300K subscribers, his videos barely make 18 000 views. And he only does one video a month. He has sponsors, can't imagine they're too happy with the low views).

He tried to be an author, tried to be 'gay motivator', and tried to appeal to the 'woke'crowd.

Now he's on Celebrity MAsterchef. He'll probably be on Dancing with the Stars (the Irish one) in a few months.
    RTE has to have 'tokens'. He fulfills the 'gay' token.

He should try to be a chancer- definite success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Anna Geary left a decent job to get into media too, shes just too much "culchie lass up in dublin, coppers, mad for the craic, up ya boya, farmers daughter " stuff out of her. These people grate on me that think everyone loves them, another one like that is Mairead Farrell/Ronan, she does the "ah sure im an ordinary joe" type too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Film maker and actor Mark o halloran

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Anna Geary left a decent job to get into media too, shes just too much "culchie lass up in dublin, coppers, mad for the craic, up ya boya, farmers daughter " stuff out of her. These people grate on me that think everyone loves them, another one like that is Mairead Farrell/Ronan, she does the "ah sure im an ordinary joe" type too much.

Jackie hurley irritates the hell out of me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Dickie10 wrote: »

She packed in her camogi career for this

Rte actually think people outside the d4 land are like as you described

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ah, I like Anna Geary..

i have a brennans bread wrapper full of ham sandwiches if you want to meet outside coppers for lunch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I've seen people slag off that Anna Geary on here before. She's totally innocuous and harmless. People are just jealous someone from outside of the normal D4 circles managed to get their foot in the door tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I've seen people slag off that Anna Geary on here before. She's totally innocuous and harmless. People are just jealous someone from outside of the normal D4 circles managed to get their foot in the door tbh.

Don’t think it’s the address that’s the “issue” with her getting a foot in the door here, think it’s more to do with the shoes. If you “get” me.

The tide is turning…

i have a brennans bread wrapper full of ham sandwiches if you want to meet outside coppers for lunch?

I'll bring a flask of tea..

• Advertisement

Don’t think it’s the address that’s the “issue” with her getting a foot in the door here, think it’s more to do with the shoes. If you “get” me.

I haven’t a bull’s notion what you’re talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I haven’t a bull’s notion what you’re talking about.

She’s a woman, W. A lot on here don’t like to see members of the “fairer sex” getting ahead.

The tide is turning…

She’s a woman, W. A lot on here don’t like to see members of the “fairer sex” getting ahead.

What?..Ah, that's nonsense really..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

She’s a woman, she’s working in media, and she works for RTE. That’s an unholy trinity for some of the oddballs around here. Men (always men) so lacking in humour, ambition, empathy, and success that they get their kicks slagging off harmless media sorts on sites like Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Rosie Jones, the 'comedian'. Okay, she has cerebral palsy but that doesn't mean we have to listen to her!

And yeah, her lack of talent isn't the reason I inexplicably can't stand her. It's why I 'explicably' don't like her...

Just looked her up there. It was not that bad.
    Francesa Martinez is comedian with cp who is way overrated though.

As for someone who I inexplicably cannot stand Ger Gilroy from Newstalk/OTB.
    Never mind his lack of interview/presenting talents. The smugness he gives off and voice/intonations are bad enough as it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Any and all "social media influencers" from RTE. Maybe that's not so inexplicable.

In particular, yer wan James Patrice from various RTE shows, can't seem to escape him on instagram and he's about as funny as cancer. His "Malahide woman" skit is like watching a 4-year-old putting on a show and then getting heaped with praise from relatives or in this case, other "social media influencers" who must be humouring him because it's about as much craic as a funeral.

Rant over. I needed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Rosie Jones, the 'comedian'. Okay, she has cerebral palsy but that doesn't mean we have to listen to her!

And yeah, her lack of talent isn't the reason I inexplicably can't stand her. It's why I 'explicably' don't like her...

On a similar theme, I find Joanne O'Riordan a pain in the hole. Never shuts up when interviewed.

I do think too that she got a sports journalism job because of her disability.

bitofabind wrote: »
    Any and all "social media influencers" from RTE. Maybe that's not so inexplicable.

In particular, yer wan James Patrice from various RTE shows, can't seem to escape him on instagram and he's about as funny as cancer. His "Malahide woman" skit is like watching a 4-year-old putting on a show and then getting heaped with praise from relatives or in this case, other "social media influencers" who must be humouring him because it's about as much craic as a funeral.

damn you to hell for enticing me to look him up

She’s a woman, she’s working in media, and she works for RTE. That’s an unholy trinity for some of the oddballs around here. Men (always men) so lacking in humour, ambition, empathy, and success that they get their kicks slagging off harmless media sorts on sites like Boards.

that's not quite true, i only know her from accounts on this forum of people who have met her, maybe they are all lying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Ray D'arcy, Tubbs, Joe Duffy, James Patrice, James Kavanagh, Brendan O'Connor, Eoghan McDermott and other males on rte get criticized it as well - so try again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Yeah, because men are never slagged off on here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

bitofabind wrote: »

RTE seem to attract the most pointless people,

I know its notinexplicable but Neale (Neil, Kneel, Niall) Richmond, blinky eyed politician who answers a different question to the one hes asked. Would have defended Harold Shipman if he'd been a FGer.

I know its notinexplicable but Neale (Neil, Kneel, Niall) Richmond, blinky eyed politician who answers a different question to the one hes asked. Would have defended Harold Shipman if he'd been a FGer.

Love that guy, he's not FG anymore

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Love that guy, he's not FG anymore

Ship man or Richmond?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Dana White. I get the same scumbag vibe from him as I do when I see Don King and his frizzy hair in the crowd when I'm rewatching old boxing fights on Youtube.

John Kavanagh

Paddy Holohan

Any of those McGregor leeches.

Ekerot wrote: »
    Dana White. I get the same scumbag vibe from him as I do when I see Don King and his frizzy hair in the crowd when I'm rewatching old boxing fights on Youtube.

Sunday World getting all flustered about Kinahan being involved in fight promotion, he's in good company when it comes to fight promoters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

John Kavanagh

Paddy Holohan

Any of those McGregor leeches.

MMA/UFC tends to attract mouth-breathers and knuckle-draggers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

mairead farrell/ronan, another one who pops up on every RTE show and weekend and life magazines every year in sundo indo

Advertisement