Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Neil Patrick Harris - even his attempts at humour are inexplicable :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Fcukers walking around with big Dublin Fire Brigade heads on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

The middle aged guy in the Allianz insurance ad with a northern accent that's arguing with his wife in a car about a mark on the windscreen. He is vaguely familiar but he inexplicably annoys the hell out of me.

It's a chip!

Aaaarggh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Fcukers walking around with big Dublin Fire Brigade heads on them.

Know the sort, Brendan. Lads who look like Ciarán Whelan. A jaw on them you could land a light aircraft on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

pauliebdub wrote: »
    The middle aged guy in the Allianz insurance ad with a northern accent that's arguing with his wife in a car about a mark on the windscreen. He is vaguely familiar but he inexplicably annoys the hell out of me.

It's a chip!

Aaaarggh!!

He was in that Bulmer’s “pear cider” ads where the thickos in the orchard don’t want to grow pears so the boffins in the “office” tell them it’s a type of apple.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

joanne cantwell, she grates on me with her half spiteful way of asking questions looking for controversy where none exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

pauliebdub wrote: »

It's a chip!

Aaaarggh!!

Dessie Gallagher, it's a Donegal accent, don't get the hate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Trudi lawler
    She's nice and bubbly on the radio
    Different in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

smilerf wrote: »
    Trudi lawler
    She's nice and bubbly on the radio
    Different in real life

Let me guess-one of those 'country singers' who acts like she's back from her residency in Nashville?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

He was in that Bulmer’s “pear cider” ads where the thickos in the orchard don’t want to grow pears so the boffins in the “office” tell them it’s a type of apple.

I hate that series of ads. I quite liked the ads Bulmers did up to that ,the "Nothing added but time" ones, but they ruined them when they introduced these recurring unfunny village idiot characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

Claudia Winkleman - even her name drives me nuts 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

its a jewish name, careful now.....

I'm going to get shot for saying this, more than likely...
    (Keep in mind, I didn't grow up watching this guy, or being a fan)...

But Tony Slattery really, REALLY annoys me. I watched that program 'whats the matter with Tony Slattery?'... and I found the guy insufferable.
    I tried to watch other interviews with him, old clips from his heyday in the 90s or 00s...

I couldn't tolerate the guy. It's frustrating, because I've tried to pinpoint the 'why' of not liking him... I'm confused.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I've seen people slag off that Anna Geary on here before. She's totally innocuous and harmless. People are just jealous someone from outside of the normal D4 circles managed to get their foot in the door tbh.

Is she not named after a place in south Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is she not named after a place in south Dublin?

no that is her brother Glen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Leaving aside that I don't like the ad at all, but in the Vodafone add with all the children singing Starships 'Nothing's gonna stop us', there is one girl (boy?) wearing a stupid dog hat, with very long ears, that really, really irritates me.

The others are bog standard Billy Barry child actors, but she (he?) inexplicably annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

RTÉ weather girl Jean Byrne cannot stand listening to all the clicking as she speaks

All the corsetry probably?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Conor McGregor...lad if you're going... just go

Speedsie wrote: »
    Leaving aside that I don't like the ad at all, but in the Vodafone add with all the children singing Starships 'Nothing's gonna stop us', there is one girl (boy?) wearing a stupid dog hat, with very long ears, that really, really irritates me.

The others are bog standard Billy Barry child actors, but she (he?) inexplicably annoys me.

It's Virgin Media, not Vodafone.

But that advert is so irritating that people aren't even checking who made it-they don't stick around til the end. :D

• Advertisement

Anyone who incessantly name checks another person.

Annoying......

I don't know if this is a recent thing with the advent of social media, or the internet...

But people who put asterisks into certain letters of people's names because they think that person googles their name

(Using my own name for this example). But you'll see things like 'R*bbl*R*us*r*K doesn't eat eggs-what a plonker' for example. Instead of using someone's real name, they'll pull that kinda crud, because they're not grown up enough to use someone's full name.

It's especially prevalent in certain media 'groups'-gaming, comics, music, writing, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I like Karen Koster, but nowadays I fly into a homicidal rage whenever I see her on the television doing these exercise workout things. There was one simpering, blithering "ad" I suppose you'd call it, in particular that featured a brief clip of her in a pink get-up doing just that, and I found it difficult to restrain myself from throwing something at the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

It's Virgin Media, not Vodafone.

But that advert is so irritating that people aren't even checking who made it-they don't stick around til the end. :D

Oh yes, Virgin Media. I think I'm conditioned now to think Vodafone when I see lots of red in an ad.

Unfortunately I've seen the end plenty of times, it just doesn't stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Salt Bae fella.

What's the big fascination with him? He literally cuts up meat and sprinkles salt over it (in a really annoying, show-offy way). It's not like he is some innovative chef or anything. Fools and their money and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

The woman on the Fairy non-bio capsule advert really annoys me.

Cupra280 wrote: »
    The woman on the Fairy non-bio capsule advert really annoys me.

Vogue? She annoys everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Aren't "social media personalities" even more annoying during these times? Whether it's the incessant virtue signalling around BLM or posting their daily workouts or desperate #ad #spon partnerships for meaningless tat or ridiculous non-stop insta-storying their tedious lives. They just seem even more pointless and stupid in the middle of a global pandemic.

bitofabind wrote: »
    Aren't "social media personalities" even more annoying during these times? Whether it's the incessant virtue signalling around BLM or posting their daily workouts or desperate #ad #spon partnerships for meaningless tat or ridiculous non-stop insta-storying their tedious lives. They just seem even more pointless and stupid in the middle of a global pandemic.

People who pay any heed to these churns are even more annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Gammyeye

Kieth Lemon. Not funny in any of his incarnations, shouty, crass and a fool.

Advertisement