Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My garden Room Build

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Lumen wrote: »
    Posted some pics of my work in progress larch cladding if anyone is interested.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117395671&postcount=295

That's very nice and great attention to detail. Where did you source the larch and dare I ask was it expensive? Timber seems to be the new crypto :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,138 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That's very nice and great attention to detail. Where did you source the larch and dare I ask was it expensive? Timber seems to be the new crypto :D

MTS / woodcomponents.ie

I've tried to forget how expensive it was. Something like 50/sqm including Sioo:X factory applied and VAT.

As soon as you depart from ordinary construction timber these things get quite expensive.

Oh, regarding different tastes, my wife came out to see it the other day.

Me: So, what you do think?
    Her: It'll look great when it's painted.

FFS, I give up.

MTS / woodcomponents.ie

I've tried to forget how expensive it was. Something like 50/sqm including Sioo:X factory applied and VAT.

As soon as you depart from ordinary construction timber these things get quite expensive.

Yup eye wateringly so. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭chooseusername

FFS, I give up.
    You'll come home some day and it will be painted 50 shades of grey.
    That job is different class though, full length planks with no joins look a lot better.

FFS, I give up.

Reminds me of my mother in law getting a lad in to skim the walls in the kitchen only to call up and there she is putting lining paper on the wall before painting 🙈

That job is different class though, full length planks with no joins look a lot better.
    Ha, that's only on the front.

The sides are going to have joins because the wall height is 2.3m and the boards are 4.0m long.

Could I have ordered 4.8m boards? Don't know, can't remember.

The back is going to have whatever scraps are left over!

I actually like a few joins, if they're well executed, on an otherwise blank wall. Complete uniformity is a bit overpowering.

But maybe I'm just retro-justifying my own bad planning. :pac:

Advertisement