Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

silly and unrealistic build that you will only use in a game you are already winning. power treads, aquila, stick and blink are absolutely core on trax imo. Maybe a yasha before blink pending but after that it really really really depends on the heroes you are facing as regards what to build on her due to the way she does damage and how easy she is to blow up

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

I wouldn't call it silly/unrealistic when EternaLEnVy from Team Secret is doing the build during the Shanghai major - granted it's after S&Y/Helm/BKB. It shouldn't be snuffed at.

Some of the best games I've seen during a tournament as well. Pity about the production behind it, which was an absolute shambles at times. Hopefully they will address it.

Side note - Love playing Necro with a scepter when the enemy team have a fed carry (Slark) - team winning moments!
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2200040582

hes doing the build because hes got misery, pupper, pieliedie and w33 playing with him.
    what are the chances of that happening in a pub game? very very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

The Drow build worked, happened to be matched with u and the wizard for that game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Aside from all that, the major was a complete disaster in terms of production value and scheduling. If Manila is equally as disastrous I can see this Valve Major thing just going away after TI6.

• Advertisement

Justice wrote: »
    The Drow build worked, happened to be matched with u and the wizard for that game.

Haha just checked, so you were, what are the odds I wonder! :)

We had a good lineup in fairness. Plus Tusk/Zeus did a great job pressuring and felt secure in farming anything really. The auras worked perfectly too, we went around tower to tower taking objectives. I never felt the game swing in their favor at any stage. Only 3rd time playing Drow in a real game so still not 100% used to her - I usually play tanks/nukers.

you ask what the odds were of being matched up are. i would have not thought it likely.
    I suppose ive been playing for a long time, but i do consider myself noobish is some ways but good in others, im a two trick pony (CM and mirana) which, in my head, makes ye better than me. having said that i have a 62% winrate this month and currently sitting on a record high of 26 wins more than losses (which is the number i track).

I watched first 15 minutes of the replay, the Tusk mid absolutely snowballed that game.
    As a team we were very coordinated, we had good map control, but i do remember the way we bulldozzed through the objectives, i was very impressed at the time. i gave up FB in that match, my vision control was good, I enabled my team very much so but i didnt really had any top plays in that game.

That match is memorable to me for the coordination our team had as well as playing with yourself, not so much for my own plays.

i was gunna post the dota buff link, but wasnt sure if you would want your dotabuff posted here, i feel mean discussing the match but not providing a link so others could view details on it.

Aside from all that, the major was a complete disaster in terms of production value and scheduling. If Manila is equally as disastrous I can see this Valve Major thing just going away after TI6.

looking at reddit today, lot of stuff coming out about perfect world from china.

IMO majors still a work in progress. get a decent production company to do the majors in the future. so long as plebs (me included) pay for compendiums, its profitable for Valve to organise these.

Second longest game ever. Enemy team did well from the get go with little to no pressure early.

Regardless of them doing really well, myself and AM were able to outfarm them with 2 rax gone and plenty of teamfights later, we managed to win.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2254469191

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A Slark with 4k hero damage? Ok.

• Advertisement

The Dota gods were with me the last 2 days. I got Zeus and PA Arcana drops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The Dota gods were with me the last 2 days. I got Zeus and PA Arcana drops :D

didn't you get a Lina arcana drop too?? you're the luckiest ****er! :D

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    didn't you get a Lina arcana drop too?? you're the luckiest ****er! :D

Yeah few years ago. I also got the TB arcana drop last year and sold it off :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

these changes are just completely mad.

As well as undocmented stuff...
    hP0DgMx.png

Monkey King hero remake perhaps? Could be a different hero to Pit Lord coming out so.

Have to say the new full items are very...gimmicky? Cool that the Wind Lace was suggested on playdota years ago and taken up.

Echo Sabre nice pickup on Tiny, Sven, WK? Hurricane pike...drow/sniper/enchant - that's it?

A.Blade change is such a strange one. Bristle could justify getting it.

As a player with 112 matches with Axe I'm loving the change to pure damage along with blademail buff - I can now go up against way more heroes and not give a damn. Let's see a non-bkb Invoker try one shot me now!

Been playing timber offlane (usually solo if possible) in ranked in the last 2 weeks with much success (and fun).

Overall looks like Icefrog wants to prolong teamfights, reducing the focus on burst damage and adding more tanks to team lineouts.

a lot of pukestains on the servers recently.

5 games in a row of players freaking out and either going afk or purposely feeding. this generation of players are just so weak have such a terrible mentality. get mad, spout memes, sh*t all over the game. I wouldn't mind as much if they were actually funny and I wasn't forced to waste my time with them

All fine and dandy here.

Also going to ESL next week, should be fun!

just had a game there where the enemy team were fountain hooking for 5 minutes. our "carry" slark player repeatedly fed a wr 2v1 in lane (we had a lion support) and our sf mid repeatedly fed a pudge after we gave him all the help in the world. Also our offlane nyx fed an anti-mage. I wouldnt complain so much if it weren't so god damn consistent.
    "oh you are sh*t and have adjustment issues so you've gone afk and are freaking out placing wards in the base. super"
    I also wouldnt complain if I wasn't forced to wait the games out and could just leave or vote to concede. nothing wrong with losing, but there is something wrong with losing after 3 minutes because the players you have are absolute freaks of nature

as a side note - the game was far better in the wc3 days on garena. FAR less freaks. and FAR less people pretending they know wtf they are doing because they read a thing on reddit or watched a stream when in actuality they are just terrible players with no game sense and no ability to adapt

actually no - f*ck this. im going to win a game and uninstall. Im better than this and Im better than the freaks that now populate the game. I have other less stressful, more enjoyable gamesl. I'll just continue watching :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

ya mate maybe this game's not for you

Seriously man you sound like you're in a completely different game. I cant remember the last time I had a toxic game.

Really enjoying this patch

Oh I love the patch, I think its the best in quite literally years. But my christ, the "GG WE LOST" mentality which is just so f**king toxic and so many players are on the cusp of freaking out. I had a player there tonight literally start feeding mid from level 1 because he didn't get the bounty rune. the very next game - the enemy slark starts feeding because I killed him top. The players nowadays are just so weak willed, walking on eggshells for the entire match because at any given time, some donk might have a full on freak out because he couldnt read the map properly and died because I went back instead of "helping" him. The lack of acceptance of mistakes combined with this new age millenial 'precious' thinking has left me hating playing. Im too old for league play (time mainly :s) so playing pubs is the only real way Im able to play the game and this may sound egotistical but my standards are just way higher than the average player nowadays.

anyhow, I just won there and managed to reach 5.6k mmr back in april so Im done. Im going to enjoy my summer :p might install again sometime after August

on a side note - what have you guys made of the manila major ?

Liquid and OG look sharp. MVP got shellshocked but I think the can deliver later.

Secret and EG have been a shambles in the making for some months now. Happy to see DC make progress, themselves and Complexity are the top NA teams now I guess.

Overall some of the games have been good, Na'vi always exciting to watch and happy they managed top 8. Seems they're (kinda) back :)

I really like DC but think its pretty hilarious how Moo is the only American on the team :p OG have been looking amazing since the start of the brackets. My pick to win the whole thing, which would be incredible.
    Secret and EG are just laughable, playing musical rosters. I think this tweet sums it up nicely :)

s3m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Has a new Dota 2 toy line been released yet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

got that battlepas deal and opened zeus arcana on rylais wheel, good times.

what do you do with immortal repeats, can they ever be sold?

got that battlepas deal and opened zeus arcana on rylais wheel, good times.

what do you do with immortal repeats, can they ever be sold?

Whaaaat get out!

I think they're sellable at the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Dota 2 pro-players received p1 visas to the USA :D #CyperSportIsTrending

Advertisement