Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pretty much sold out now. Timetable coming in a few days I hope.

Meanwhile, Reborn is now full client and they are breaking the game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

huge failure for me :(:(

glad it went well, really well done to all, power was a pain in the hole there, jaysus christ.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Who won? was it blow in's from England again? :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dank schon. Some lads from northern Ireland and the uk. Lovely guys!

• Advertisement

cant a republic team win for once? :p might have to start my own ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Started to play properly again in the last month or so. 6.85 changes are most welcome. Good to see Warlock golems back in full swing - might play him again.

So have been playing ranked games with some English lads for a while and have team MMR of 4k on the button. Solo MMR is 3614. Last few days have been doing solo queue ranked. Win one, lose one, rinse and repeat. Wish I never calibrated my MMR back when I couldn't play the game properly.

Any tips/recommendations on pushing up to 4k? I've seen some people recommend just picking a few go to heroes and spamming them until you hit the level and then from there play "normally". Or is the trench real? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

So have been playing ranked games with some English lads for a while and have team MMR of 4k on the button. Solo MMR is 3614. Last few days have been doing solo queue ranked. Win one, lose one, rinse and repeat. Wish I never calibrated my MMR back when I couldn't play the game properly.

Any tips/recommendations on pushing up to 4k? I've seen some people recommend just picking a few go to heroes and spamming them until you hit the level and then from there play "normally". Or is the trench real? :D

If you were better than your MMR you'd be winning more than 50% of your games. Improve at the game and your MMR will go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i dont play ranked, i never party and i aint a 4k player.

Having said that as i understood it, the consensus is that solo and party MMR measure different things, particularly if the party MMR is mostly 5 man teaming.

As a soloist, i'm spamming veno to great effect. http://www.dotabuff.com/players/675604/matches?hero=venomancer . i would recommend picking a hero to main, perhaps not veno, but a versatile hero helps. Note my advice should be taken with a large dose of salt.

• Advertisement

The Frankfurt Majors have come and gone, and with it came some cracking Dota entertainment.

I am a fan of OG (followed bigdaddy and Fly since they were fnatic) so the whole tournament was thrilling, i watched most of their games live or downloaded them without seeing the results first. For me this tournament was as good as TI 3 for entertainment (For TI1 and TI2 i was not a dota player so never saw them).

however i have a hard time pin pointing exactly what OG did better than everyone else, I do think OG are more aggressive than most EU teams and this i think is amplified by their more defensive natured supports played in an offensive manor. I dunno, i dont see them as clinical as team secret version 2.0 (S4, Artezeey, Zai, Puppy, kuroky) when they were dominating around spring 2015, but OG team spirit is more cohesive i think.

Different teams work better with different patches (Alliance at the height of their dominance being the best example, as well as the Chinese teams that perfected the deathball strat of TI4, or IG all the way back at TI2) - 6.85 nerfed a lot of Sumail's best heroes, for example.

OG are a fairly fresh team who aren't relying on strategies they've become comfortable with over a long period - they're all just very strong players with deep hero pools. Their performance is still a huge underdog victory imo, I couldn't believe how easily they disassembled EG in the final.

It was secret OG beat in the final, on the saturday, neither EG nor secret pushed OG as hard as the EHOME or VP matches in earlier rounds. IMO the momentum behind OG messed up the heads of both EG and Secret players, i don't think those teams performed well on the saturday. The previous day, in the upper bracket final both Secret and EG looked outstanding, fewest mistakes made, irc game 1 was probably the best game in the tournament.

I was less personally invested in non OG games, but for sure i couldn't see OG beating either of those teams on the friday after the upper bracket final.

Oh, yeah, sorry, losers' final I meant. I thought it was a foregone 2-0 to EG.

There will be a LoL vs Dota 2 boardsies charity match next week. Info here

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I planned to sell my Steam account so it would stop me playing games when I should be studying :D ! In doing so I purged my friends list. Back feeding the odd time if anyone is about. Kag

Best of luck in your studies bro. Do come back after :)

Kag1888 is my Steam if any of you fine gentlemen would like to re-add me. Not Tar though because he's a DIRTY feeder

FU, add your face to my ass

x

Kunkka wrote: »
    Kag1888 is my Steam if any of you fine gentlemen would like to re-add me. Not Tar though because he's a DIRTY feeder

Tried there but Kag1888 doesn't bring up any results. Welcome back mate!

• Advertisement

FU, add your face to my ass

x

You'd enjoy that far too much Paul!
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Tried there but Kag1888 doesn't bring up any results. Welcome back mate!

Will add you guys when I'm on tomorrow. Had a few feeds recently. Big feeds

Sure what else do ye do, teach me puck pls :P

Sure what else do ye do, teach me puck pls :P

Craig puck is something to behold....

got a link to that video about your dota playing by the lad?

I can feel the hate with the radiance/bot/manta Alchemist build

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2128352729

I can feel the hate with the radiance/bot/manta Alchemist build

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2128352729

sorry but that game doesn't even appear close to being balanced in terms of players

I actually think radiance/bot/manta build is pretty **** this patch if you're up against a team that knows what they're doing...

BMMachine wrote: »
    sorry but that game doesn't even appear close to being balanced in terms of players

That's the first time I ever played him. Perhaps for that match, yes it went downhill for them pretty quickly but I think overall the patch, this build can't be touched unless your against a really good Invoker/PA/Bristle alongside an Omni.

More even matches ->
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2134903146
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2135942650

Not a fan of Octarine Core, 6k item for some cooldowns + bit more tank, prefer AC to help team out when needed.

Have any of you seen the "Tesla Ranger" build?

Basically - build Treads - Aquila - Maelstrom - Scepter - Crits - More maelstroms. I usually don't bother with more than 2 but others go full maelstrom which is ridiculous.

The split shots give the maelstrom/crit chances aswell as your main shot. Basically you become what Zeus and Razor always wanted to be. If you have an alchemist on your team to build scepter for you - even better.

Scepter on Drow...yes I know but the rate of farm increase can bring you up to AM gpm. That's how powerful it can be. You will need to get scepter within 25 minutes max before the other team try to take advantage. If on a team with friends, supports stacking camps is always essential once maelstrom is up if you want scepter before minute 20. This is more of a "lolz look at what happens in team fights" build than the usual. I'll try it out tonight and see how it goes.

• Advertisement

Have any of you seen the "Tesla Ranger" build?

Basically - build Treads - Aquila - Maelstrom - Scepter - Crits - More maelstroms. I usually don't bother with more than 2 but others go full 3/4 maelstrom which is ridiculous.

The split shots give the maelstrom/crit chances aswell as your main shot. Basically you become what Zeus and Razor always wanted to be. If you have an alchemist on your team to build scepter for you - even better.

Scepter on Drow...yes I know but the rate of farm increase can bring you up to AM gpm. That's how powerful it can be. You will need to get scepter within 25 minutes max before the other team try to take advantage. If on a team with friends, supports stacking camps is always essential once maelstrom is up if you want scepter before minute 20. This is more of a "lolz look at what happens in team fights" build than the usual. I'll try it out tonight and see how it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z02PxKqEv0

Advertisement