Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They just use it for free to air now. They have IPTV on an android box but almost never watch it. They are more interested in the main UK and Ireland channels. I agree about the remote control quality, they are on their 3rd one now but they would have dropped them a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

I am still using an Openatv image on this box and it is working fine. It literally hasn’t had an issue in the last three years. Updates are not as frequent as they used to be but are still released. Agreed about the remote controls, they are a pile of crap. The box itself though is still strong.

I upgraded the main tv last year to a Gigablue triple tuner. Now that is a powerhouse of a box, if a bit pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

alanmacer wrote: »
    I have an Edition OS3+ , I have not used it in 5 years . The last image I had on it was the HD Freaks , just out of curiosity , what do run on it now , C-line ,N-line .. I found the remotes controls for these boxes infuriating quality , compared to the box itself ..

Fta and m3u content via xe editor. Im on vu plus 4k box but same idea setup wise.

Remotes of boxs like vu plus seem to be better quality then the cheaper boxs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

DopeTech wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but what images are people using these days on the os3plus? My patents box has had hdfreaks image on it for over 3 years now so its well overdue an update.

If it ain't broke, then don't fix it !!!

There are so many of us out there supporting parents, but there are equally so many who have done upgrades for the sake of upgrades, and then some things don't work or look like they used to

championc wrote: »
    If it ain't broke, then don't fix it !!!

There are so many of us out there supporting parents, but there are equally so many who have done upgrades for the sake of upgrades, and then some things don't work or look like they used to

I agree but it is broke sort of. They're experiencing lots of picture breakup especially when recording. I thought it may be the HDD so I unmounted it temporarily but the issue continued so I think it's the box itself or the image. Also autobouquetsmaker is very out of date and is a little all over the place.

If there is no improvement after a reflash I'll probably just go with a zgemma h7s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

alanmacer wrote: »
    I have an Edition OS3+ , I have not used it in 5 years . The last image I had on it was the HD Freaks , just out of curiosity , what do run on it now , C-line ,N-line .. I found the remotes controls for these boxes infuriating quality , compared to the box itself ..

I loved my Edision OS3+ but I moved on to the Tiviar Alpha Plus (its a very similar box) about 2 years ago. What I've done is buy a Universal remote the Chunghop E661 - it was cheap in price but a great build quality - €15 off Aliexpress and I use it for about 4 different devices. Its a great yoke, I dont even use my Tiviar remote. I'd recommend getting one - no replacement remotes needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

HDD Disappearing

I've had this problem with my Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus for ages now

The internal HDD decides to un-mount every so often

If I look at the Device -> Mounts it can see the HDD but not mount it.

The only option seems to be to open up the box and re-seat the HDD.

Has anyone else had similar problems ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Haven't used my OS3 Plus in ages as the TV has a tuner built into it now and that's doing the essentials. I can't find them for sale new anymore - anyone reckon there's much market for second hand and what they're worth?

g0g wrote: »
    Haven't used my OS3 Plus in ages as the TV has a tuner built into it now and that's doing the essentials. I can't find them for sale new anymore - anyone reckon there's much market for second hand and what they're worth?

I'd say you'd get about 80 for it on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

DopeTech wrote: »
    I'd say you'd get about 80 for it on adverts.
    Nice one thanks, having a rough idea helps, although probably need to list as 160 on Adverts to get an 80 offer!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 john.dawson

Has anyone got this OnDemand plugin to work properly?

I can install it OK, but it does not work - I cannot find any channels at all; all channels finds nothing, search is blank - nothing

Look like a config problem, perhaps? Any ideas anyone?

More generally, box works pretty well; am only at this because our TV (Sony) doesn't support most Players - and not RTE, which is pretty poor

RTE website apparently recommends you use your laptop, which is a clumsy way of doing it

Has anyone got this OnDemand plugin to work properly?

I can install it OK, but it does not work - I cannot find any channels at all; all channels finds nothing, search is blank - nothing

Look like a config problem, perhaps? Any ideas anyone?

More generally, box works pretty well; am only at this because our TV (Sony) doesn't support most Players - and not RTE, which is pretty poor

RTE website apparently recommends you use your laptop, which is a clumsy way of doing it

Have you the latest firmware on the Sony ? And have you it set to Ireland or the UK ?

I've never seen anyone mention plugins like that on here.

Even back in the day i could never get the on demand player to work properly. Id imagine it hasn't been updated in a while now so may not be supported.

More likely to work for a specific country only like the UK or USA

Unfortunately the remote has just stopped working on my Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Before I go get another one I'm just wondering is there anyway for me determine if it's the remote or the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus itself that is the problem.

Pressing the buttons on the remote does noting, nothing appears on the screen or anything.
    The red light comes on on the remote each time I select a button, and I have changed the batteries just in case.

So that is making me think the issue is the box itself.

Also I don't have the network setup of the box so I can't access the web GUI.

I'll try get it on the home network presently, hopefully DHCP is set and it will get it's own IP address.

Unfortunately the remote has just stopped working on my Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Before I go get another one I'm just wondering is there anyway for me determine if it's the remote or the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus itself that is the problem.

Pressing the buttons on the remote does noting, nothing appears on the screen or anything.
    The red light comes on on the remote each time I select a button, and I have changed the batteries just in case.

I'll try get it on the home network presently, hopefully DHCP is set and it will get it's own IP address.

Direct the remote into the camera lens on your phone and hold down any button. You will be able see the infra red light on your phone screen if its working ok.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Direct the remote into the camera lens on your phone and hold down any button. You will be able see the infra red light on your phone screen if its working ok.

OK so I pointed the phone camera at the remote as if taking a pic of it, I pressed a button on the remote and I was this purpleish/blueish light that was invisible to the naked eye

I'm guessing that was the infrared and that the box is busted :(

Likely that you have hit off the TV button so it's sending TV rather than Edison box signals.

Likely that you have hit off the TV button so it's sending TV rather than Edison box signals.

Can you elaborate on that a bit ?

What might have happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I might have one you can have. Will let you know Tuesday

• Advertisement

Can you elaborate on that a bit ?

What might have happened ?

You have simply pressed the button on the remote that allows you to control a secondary device. It might be called SAT or TV or AUX.

But 100%, that remote can control 2 devices and I bet you it's now functioning as the Other remote

You have simply pressed the button on the remote that allows you to control a secondary device. It might be called SAT or TV or AUX.

But 100%, that remote can control 2 devices and I bet you it's now functioning as the Other remote

Ok, I thought that was what you meant, but I can't figure out how that could be the case.

Firstly I've never had that remote configured to control a secondary device, it was only ever for the STB.
    And secondly I have pressed about every button on it since it happened to no avail.

I'll do a bit of research on the remote anyway and see does that unearth anything.

Ok, I thought that was what you meant, but I can't figure out how that could be the case.

Firstly I've never had that remote configured to control a secondary device, it was only ever for the STB.
    And secondly I have pressed about every button on it since it happened to no avail.

I'll do a bit of research on the remote anyway and see does that unearth anything.

I never said that you would have programmed it. It would have some random default assigned to it.

Post a photo of the remote. I can't find my original which broke and I replaced with a universal one.

Is SAT not at the bottom left of the centre circle ?

I never said that you would have programmed it. It would have some random default assigned to it.

Post a photo of the remote. I can't find my original which broke and I replaced with a universal one.

Is SAT not at the bottom left of the centre circle ?

This is the one

Pressing the SAT button does not resolve the issue unfortunately

Will any universal one work as a replacement ?

512t13AfiZL._AC_SX425_.jpg

That SAT button was the one alright. Seems strange that no buttons at all are working. When mine broke, I just lost some functions

I got a universal one from FreeTV.ie. No normal One4All's work. They can program one to work.

Advertisement