Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭soram

JOSman wrote: »
    I switch my box every night. It takes a couple of minutes after switch on to populate the EPG. Perfect after that. Never have any crashes. Box is not connected to internet unless I'm running a software update.

Do you have an epg plugin loader installed or does the epg populate itself somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi soram,

EPG I'm using is the one that was preinstalled when I got the box. There are some great guys on this site who are very knowledgeable, perhaps they can point you in the right direction.

Sorry I can't be much more helpful to you.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Palmyra

championc wrote: »
    Do NOT install CoolTVGuide. It is NOT necessary. OpenATV has it's own inbuilt EPG.

You really only need CrossEPG - nothing else. It works perfectly on OpenATV.

Hi, I have flashed openatv 6.1 and auto scanned but the channels in the epg are in random order and ther are empty channels. How do I get rid of these and sort the epg? I tried installing cooltvguide plugin but that is not much better.

Thanks for any help.
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Cooltvguide is just a pretty way of displaying the EPG data it does not alter your channel lists. What you need to do is create a list of your favourite channels. You can create as many lists (bouquets) as you wish such as News channels, kids channels etc etc. By far the easiest way is to use the WEBIF function. If you have your box connected to your home network simply enter the box's net address (192.168.xxx.xxx) into a web browser on a PC or whatever you have. This will open the web interface (Webif). Among the many functions is the bouquet editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Palmyra

Gerry,
    That's super. I have exactly bouquets I want now. Always wondered what a bouquet was!
    Thanks a million,
    Pat

• Advertisement

Palmyra wrote: »
    Gerry,
    That's super. I have exactly bouquets I want now. Always wondered what a bouquet was!
    Thanks a million,
    Pat

The next important bit is to make a backup of the settings and a "full backup" to your HDD using the BLUE button. A few seconds now will save hours of swearing later;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,035 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Hi
    I've an Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus running the latest Open ATV

How on earth do I get rid of Audio descriptions (if that is what they are called) from the stations they are on ?

Every time I try and watch BBC Four it's "A man walking down a long path", or "A train moves towards the camera"

It's infuriating

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Menu/setup/audio/autolanguages

Set language 1 to English, set other languages to disabled.

Set prefer AC3 track to yes and set preferred stores data to no. Press green to save. That should do it.

I actually have a query myself. Has anyone successfully set up HDMI CEC?

My issue is when I move to another input (eg. Now TV smart stick), the enigma box takes preference and keeps reverting to that input, not allowing me to stay on a different input. I have to disable HDMI CEC to get around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭championc

Irreverent wrote: »
    I actually have a query myself. Has anyone successfully set up HDMI CEC?

My issue is when I move to another input (eg. Now TV smart stick), the enigma box takes preference and keeps reverting to that input, not allowing me to stay on a different input. I have to disable HDMI CEC to get around this.

I have it working quite well (well the way I want it to work)

I have both of "Put TV in Standby" and "Wake TV from Standby" both set to NO. If you havew the box do updates at night, you don't want the box turing on the TV when it bursts to life.

I also have "Put your AV Receiver in standby" and "Wakeup your AV Receiver from Standby" both also set to NO.

For "Handle standby from TV" and "Handle wakeup from TV", I have both of these set to yes.

So when I turn on my TV, the box may be in Sleep mode and will only wake if I go to the HDMI CEC enabled HDMI port into which the box is connected. So if I stay just watching via an aerial connection on the TV, the box will stay asleep. However, when I turn off the TV, it will sleep the box.

So turning the box on and off is controlled by the TV and NOT by the box.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    I have it working quite well (well the way I want it to work)

I have both of "Put TV in Standby" and "Wake TV from Standby" both set to NO. If you havew the box do updates at night, you don't want the box turing on the TV when it bursts to life.

I also have "Put your AV Receiver in standby" and "Wakeup your AV Receiver from Standby" both also set to NO.

For "Handle standby from TV" and "Handle wakeup from TV", I have both of these set to yes.

So when I turn on my TV, the box may be in Sleep mode and will only wake if I go to the HDMI CEC enabled HDMI port into which the box is connected. So if I stay just watching via an aerial connection on the TV, the box will stay asleep. However, when I turn off the TV, it will sleep the box.

So turning the box on and off is controlled by the TV and NOT by the box.

Hope this helps

Thanks for those tips. I'll try adjusting them tonight and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,035 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Irreverent wrote: »
    Menu/setup/audio/autolanguages

Set language 1 to English, set other languages to disabled.

Set prefer AC3 track to yes and set preferred stores data to no. Press green to save. That should do it.

That worked great, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

Hi all, does anyone else seem to find the remote for this box very bad? I’m already on my third one and Ok button on that is already starting to weaken.. can anyone recommend an alternative to the original replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alanmacer

MYSTICA1 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone else seem to find the remote for this box very bad? I’m already on my third one and Ok button on that is already starting to weaken.. can anyone recommend an alternative to the original replacement?

Yes the remote on these are totally crap, I went through 3 of them in 18 months, I'm Surprised your still are using this box, and have not moved onto a Mag box etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

alanmacer wrote: »
    Yes the remote on these are totally crap, I went through 3 of them in 18 months, I'm Surprised your still are using this box, and have not moved onto a Mag box etc...

For the sane purpose as the mag is then the enigma 2 boxs are still better in my opinion. Mags are buggy as hell and so limited.

I set them up using xtream editor so list is done exactly how you want and on my own ultimo 4k box I can record every channel.

jayo26 wrote: »
    For the sane purpose as the mag is then the enigma 2 boxs are still better in my opinion. Mags are buggy as hell and so limited.

I set them up using xtream editor so list is done exactly how you want and on my own ultimo 4k box I can record every channel.

Good stuff, Freetv.ie still carry the remotes, if you are stuck for one...

Good stuff, Freetv.ie still carry the remotes, if you are stuck for one...

I dont actually use one myself just a fan of enigma 2 boxs still. I've the vu plus ultimo 4k box it's a monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

MYSTICA1 wrote: »

Id the same problem & after 2 remotes gave up & moved to a universal remote - I did have to manually programme each button which sounds like a pain but in fairness probably only took 20 minutes.
    I recommend the Chunghop E661 - it cost maybe €15 off aliexpress & I have it programmed for 4 other devices too. (take the batteries out of your old remote when you discontinue using is - nothing worse than leaked batteries into your "backup" remote in 18 months time!)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

Id the same problem & after 2 remotes gave up & moved to a universal remote - I did have to manually programme each button which sounds like a pain but in fairness probably only took 20 minutes.
    I recommend the Chunghop E661 - it cost maybe €15 off aliexpress & I have it programmed for 4 other devices too. (take the batteries out of your old remote when you discontinue using is - nothing worse than leaked batteries into your "backup" remote in 18 months time!)

Thanks.. just the advice I needed .. I have ordered same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I dont actually use one myself just a fan of enigma 2 boxs still. I've the vu plus ultimo 4k box it's a monster.

Jesus Jayo I had a look at that box, pricey enough! You use it for FTA and IPTV?

• Advertisement

VU+ stuff is the Rolls-Royce end of the market but you get what you pay for. I use a 4K solo as my main box and it's never missed a beat. Total overkill for most users though. I got it as an early adaptor for 4K but that feature gets little use in practice other than the F1 every fortnight.

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Jesus Jayo I had a look at that box, pricey enough! You use it for FTA and IPTV?

Yeah mate my last vu plus box lasted me 5 years so it's money well spent, this one I have setup has 2 satelite feeds and 1 saoirview input and I use my own iptv sub with 3 connections and storage is 500gb ssd.

I can basically record 2 iptv channels at one time and watch another. Have the fta for series linking the wife's soaps and stuff, it's closet I can get it to satelite tv ha.

I’m kinda hoping my Sab box stops working now so I can dump it and the mag box and justify buying the vu plus! Sounds like the ultimate machine for my needs

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I’m kinda hoping my Sab box stops working now so I can dump it and the mag box and justify buying the vu plus! Sounds like the ultimate machine for my needs

Mate you don't need an excuse to dump the mag box a pile of dung they are for the price of them stopped selling them years ago.

Mate you don't need an excuse to dump the mag box a pile of dung they are for the price of them stopped selling them years ago.

Ah I know but it’s hard to ditch a fully functioning box especially to the missus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Has anyone successfully put Netflix on this box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but what images are people using these days on the os3plus? My patents box has had hdfreaks image on it for over 3 years now so its well overdue an update.

Just purchase a Formuler Z8 , absolutely amazing upgrade .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just purchase a Formuler Z8 , absolutely amazing upgrade .

Replace a triple tuner with an IPTV box? Hardly an upgrade. They are different beasts. They wouldn't be able to record or watch something else while something is recording or anything. The box is running OK but the image and plugins need updating hence my question. I'll probably stick with the latest hdfreaks image but just thought I'd ask here in case anyone had any particular recommendations.

The formulae z8 is also overpriced for what it is. A xiaomi mi TV stick of mi box s can be picked up for a quarter of the price.

• Advertisement

I have an Edition OS3+ , I have not used it in 5 years . The last image I had on it was the HD Freaks , just out of curiosity , what do run on it now , C-line ,N-line .. I found the remotes controls for these boxes infuriating quality , compared to the box itself ..

Advertisement