Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

hiya link not working,
    any idea if its still there :)

I've a backup from openvix from techkings which works well.

The site appears to be down for maintenance at the moment so I can't link to it http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=639

I've not tried any openatv images.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

GY A1 wrote: »
    hiya link not working,
    any idea if its still there :)

Bit of a site overhaul apparently, the download section should be back tomorrow.

I'll post a link when it happens as it may be different to the original link.

You will have to register with techkings to download an image yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Bit of a site overhaul apparently, the download section should be back tomorrow.

I'll post a link when it happens as it may be different to the original link.

You will have to register with techkings to download an image yourself.
    They have attempted to relaunch but its riddled with errors... give it another couple of days I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭soram

Hi, I have the OS 3 and am very happy. One small niggling thing at the moment is that my recordings pixelate sporadically. Not a great problem but a little annoying. Saorview and SAT seem to have the same issue so I'm guessing it is not the dish alignment. I had a 320GB laptop disk in there but no idea of its speed or history. Anyway, I changed it out for an SSD I had thinking it was maybe a speed issue but it doesn't seem to have made a great difference. I don't have timeshift on continually either. Is there any thing I am missing or do I need to live with it??

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭championc

I record to a NAS so really, any HDD should be perfect. The only time i have issues is using x8 FF to FF through ad breaks.

On this basis, you have a very strange issue and one which unfortunately makes no sense at all.

• Advertisement

OK Thanks for the reply. I play movies through the box from a NAS too with no issues! It is just recordings made by the box itself on the HDD that stutter every now and again :(
    I'll point it at the NAS for recording too and see if anything changes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

soram wrote: »
    OK Thanks for the reply. I play movies through the box from a NAS too with no issues! It is just recordings made by the box itself on the HDD that stutter every now and again :(
    I'll point it at the NAS for recording too and see if anything changes.....

Hi Soram,

I've seen that pixelation too. I get it very often playback of HD recordings. My box also tends to crash to a black screen on extended playback of these HD recordings. Only way back is a hard reboot using rocker switch at the back. The pixelation is usually for me a sign it is about to 'lock up'.

I've tried internal and external HDD, made no difference. My guess is the RAM is filling up with info on playback and causing things to break down elsewhere - pixelation for you, 'black screen of death' for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

set up open hdf last night,
    all running good,
    im used to vix / blackhole but
    will give it a try for a while :D
    thanks again guys
    THE ALM wrote: »
    Openatv v5.3 and Hdfreaks v5.5 would be the two best supported images, I ran HDF 5.5 for the last few months without to many problems once set up and left alone. Currently trialling Openatv v6.0 to see how it goes although this is a beta image.

as illdoit2morrow mentions, openvix is another popular image although not officially supported as far as I know.

The key is to set it up and not fiddle around with it and not installing loads of plugins and such like.

I'm on OpenATV

• Registered Users Posts: 1 slazo

Apologies for the absolute noob question, but when trying to access the box using filezilla I put the boxes IP in host, then what goes in username, password and port? Running openvix image...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

slazo wrote: »
    Apologies for the absolute noob question, but when trying to access the box using filezilla I put the boxes IP in host, then what goes in username, password and port? Running openvix image...

:-) I asked the exact question this day 2 years ago.
    Yip, it's your boxes ip in host. E.g "192.168.x.x"
    Then it's "ROOT" in username & the password is blank as in (no contents).
    The port is 21

You'll be flying it & everything will be running soob

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

THE ALM wrote: »
    Openatv v5.3 and Hdfreaks v5.5 would be the two best supported images, I ran HDF 5.5 for the last few months without to many problems once set up and left alone. Currently trialling Openatv v6.0 to see how it goes although this is a beta image.

as illdoit2morrow mentions, openvix is another popular image although not officially supported as far as I know.

The key is to set it up and not fiddle around with it and not installing loads of plugins and such like.
    Keen to try openatv as hdf 5.5 is freezing a good bit lately. Would you recommend 6.0 or should I go with 5.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Keen to try openatv as hdf 5.5 is freezing a good bit lately. Would you recommend 6.0 or should I go with 5.3?

Running 6.0 for the last while and find it stable to be honest and have updated it several times.

I think the only additional plugin I use is crossepg and have left everything else as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.
    I've had Optimuss OS3 Plus for a while but there were some problems with it freezing. Was installed with OpenATV 4.2, from FreeTV.
    I downloaded and installed OpenATV 5.3, HD Freaks (232?), and finally OpenATV 6.0 over the weekend. I did a full scan each time; I'm not sure that was necessary, but I did see extra channels, Dave, Tv5 Monde, adult channels. I have 2 cables from dish, so I have connected the 2 feeds and re-scanned on second satellite feed. So now I have different channel listings from same satellite. I wanted to keep original feed to keep SWMBO happy. New Strictly Come Dancing season has started and life just would not be worth living if she couldn't watch it live.

Do I need to re-scan on each upgrade? I have seen comments about autobouquets. These are channel lists? How do I install them?

For Saorview, I have connection that does not show RTE1+1 but it is there somewhere. I just can't find it when I want.

I'd like to install channel icons (picons I believe they're called). Still not sure how to do it.

Any good English language sites to explain how I can best use Enigma2 system. I'm not afraid to play around with building new install myself.

Oh and another quick question: is it possible to copy from HDD to USB? I have used FTP to copy off 5GB recording but I had to leave it overnight to copy to laptop.

My internet connection is at best very slow and intermittent, so upgrading box is difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Maybe try Linux sat if you want some written guides but I usually always tell people to watch loads of YouTube videos.

Autobuquets could be already installed on your image it should be in menu and settings and service searching and if not go into your plugins menu and press red button I think it is to download plugins and it should be in there in extensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

a_ominous wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.
    I've had Optimuss OS3 Plus for a while but there were some problems with it freezing. Was installed with OpenATV 4.2, from FreeTV.
    I downloaded and installed OpenATV 5.3, HD Freaks (232?), and finally OpenATV 6.0 over the weekend. I did a full scan each time; I'm not sure that was necessary, but I did see extra channels, Dave, Tv5 Monde, adult channels. I have 2 cables from dish, so I have connected the 2 feeds and re-scanned on second satellite feed. So now I have different channel listings from same satellite. I wanted to keep original feed to keep SWMBO happy. New Strictly Come Dancing season has started and life just would not be worth living if she couldn't watch it live.

Do I need to re-scan on each upgrade? I have seen comments about autobouquets. These are channel lists? How do I install them?

For Saorview, I have connection that does not show RTE1+1 but it is there somewhere. I just can't find it when I want.

I'd like to install channel icons (picons I believe they're called). Still not sure how to do it.

Any good English language sites to explain how I can best use Enigma2 system. I'm not afraid to play around with building new install myself.

Oh and another quick question: is it possible to copy from HDD to USB? I have used FTP to copy off 5GB recording but I had to leave it overnight to copy to laptop.

My internet connection is at best very slow and intermittent, so upgrading box is difficult.
    You need both feeds connected to enable recording one while watching another. It also affects the EPG updating if one feed is busy. In the tuner setup you only need one set to Astra 28E, the second satellite tuner is configured as 'equal to' the other. Choose the clear first option before doing a scan to get rid of the dead stuff.
    Remember RTÉ1+1 only comes on after 7PM during the day it shows the kids stuff.
    Even on a poor web connection an update should not take too long as the full image is roughly 100~120Mb.
    If it's not already installed get the plugin 'dream explorer' and use it to copy files around between HDD and USB.
    Picons are stored in a folder called 'picons' on the HDD. Again you may find some to install in the plugins menu. (I haven't checked these recently)

@ a_ominous
    Just an afterthought. One of the beauties of openATV is that it can automatically update itself. Press blue button and select software management. There is an option to update rather than doing a full install. It only updates what's new. You may find this quicker on a slow connection. As always, make a backup first, in the same menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi guys,

Had a maga delivered and I installed channels yesterday. Last night for one reason or another "audio description " turned on (don't know why), I do not want this but cannot turn it off.

Anybody know how to turn it off? If herself hears this again tonight I'll have to pack my bags.

Thanks.

JOSman wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Had a maga delivered and I installed channels yesterday. Last night for one reason or another "audio description " turned on (don't know why), I do not want this but cannot turn it off.

Anybody know how to turn it off? If herself hears this again tonight I'll have to pack my bags.

Thanks.
    If you dig into the settings for sound look for language and set it to "english" and the setting "prefer AC3" and tick that. Otherwise you should be able to select the audio stream for each channel. Usually the yellow button but it varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Thanks Gerry,

That's done the trick.:)

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Kalyke

For some reason it seems to turn itself on for ITV 2, 3 and 4

Hi, anybody know if I can just add an extra USB Terrestrial tuner to my OS3+. Like this one on FreeTV - http://www.freetv.ie/usb-dvb-t2-tuner/

Anything I need to do regarding drivers etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Kalyke wrote: »
    For some reason it seems to turn itself on for ITV 2, 3 and 4

It is not STB specific either, so must be something in the transmission that causes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Hi, anybody know if I can just add an extra USB Terrestrial tuner to my OS3+. Like this one on FreeTV - http://www.freetv.ie/usb-dvb-t2-tuner/

Thanks

Not sure Soram - 3 Tuners not enough for you?

Partymack wrote:
    Not sure Soram - 3 Tuners not enough for you?

It wouldn't be if you wanted to watch one terrestrial channel and record another

championc wrote: »
    It wouldn't be if you wanted to watch one terrestrial channel and record another

Which is exactly what I want to do!

soram wrote:
    Which is exactly what I want to do!

PM me :)

Thanks

So my test is not going too well. I just received the USB tuner and loaded the recommended driver through the plugin manager but the system is not picking up the tuner :(
    I’m on openatv 6.0 fully updated. Any suggestions? I’ve tried all three USB ports. Do I need to do anything else with the system to register the device?

Any suggestions appreciated

I wonder if it's possible that the DVB-T tuner can only be recognised if there was none present in the first place. Sorry but i have never tried two DVB-T tuners simultaneously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

championc wrote: »
    I wonder if it's possible that the DVB-T tuner can only be recognised if there was none present in the first place. Sorry but i have never tried two DVB-T tuners simultaneously

I bought one identical to the one from free TV. Same issue. Cannot get os mega to see it either. My box is currently a twin satellite so not an issue with it only being able to pick up 1 dvb-t tuner

Advertisement