Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hey guys, I just want to make you aware of an altcoin. Permission.io

I have a friend who knows the creators etc. Anyway it's gone from 0.006 private to listed on bithumb at 0.002 and is now up over 250% going at 0.005, expected to hit 10 cent as they have something in the cooker with IBM. Dont know what it will stabilise at but might be worh a punt.

Anyway just wanted to pass the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

I have a friend who knows the creators etc. Anyway it's gone from 0.006 private to listed on bithumb at 0.002 and is now up over 250% going at 0.005, expected to hit 10 cent as they have something in the cooker with IBM. Dont know what it will stabilise at but might be worh a punt.

I don't see ASK coins listed there? Or am i missing something

Blowheads wrote: »
    I don't see ASK coins listed there? Or am i missing something

It's on Bithumb Global Pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Apparently it's already up about 3745.7% in the last month...........Bit hard to jump in when it's already gone that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fecking Chainlink, knew I should have piled in there. Eth looking spicy today though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Rob2D wrote: »
    Apparently it's already up about 3745.7% in the last month...........Bit hard to jump in when it's already gone that much.

Well I just bought 7000 asks now, another 3000% wouldn't be too much to ask for 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

What problem does it (claim to) solve?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Thargor wrote: »
    Fecking Chainlink, knew I should have piled in there. Eth looking spicy today though.

It was 15% higher 3 weeks ago so don’t count yourself out yet if you’re into that kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

What problem does it (claim to) solve?

The same problem all sh1t coins are trying to solve: their creators are not as wealthy as they would like to be.

Rob2D wrote: »

It started at 0.0006 but didnt get listed until 0.002. Since I posted today it's gone up from 0.0034 to 0.0074 almost at a cent now. I have a few friends who got in at 0.006 with a few million plus coins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

cnocbui wrote: »
    The same problem all sh1t coins are trying to solve: their creators are not as wealthy as they would like to be.

:D

I'm also a natural skeptic. However, when the dust settles, there will still be a handful of coins providing some form of utility...category winners if you will.

We might as well hear a one liner of what its claim to fame is at a minimum. ;)

The first step of analysing a new sh1tcoin tip is to check the tippers post history.

:D

I'm also a natural skeptic. However, when the dust settles, there will still be a handful of coins providing some form of utility...category winners if you will.

We might as well hear a one liner of what its claim to fame is at a minimum. ;)

Yeh look agreed, do your due diligence and if you dont think it's worth a punt by all means leave it be.

They have quietly raised 50 million in funding ore listing so will be interesting to see what used they put it to.

The premise is all about data and being paid for watching advertisements and giving "permission" to those companies to gather your data.

For example, you're on a webaite,you see a specific ad that meets your needs you like it get a few coins in the process,give up some info and said company now knows a little bit more and can tailor their content for you. All the while you get.something in return rather than the googles and youtubes of this world..

Or so I believe...😂

The first step of a analysing a new sh1tcoin tip is to check the tippers post history.

I dont claim to be in any "in the know group" I'm genuinely passing on 3rd hand information here. It could well tank tomorrow if it does the amount I'll lose wont impact my life in any shape or form. If however it reached 1 usd. I think I'll retire early.

With any coin it's a gamble, but ye put in what you can afford to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

DOT seems a bit lost for direction. I worry what effect the Eth updates will have on it in the coming months.

DOT seems a bit lost for direction. I worry what effect the Eth updates will have on it in the coming months.

Down 18% in 3 weeks I think the direction is pretty clear !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bitcoin has broke the 52500 resistance. Should retest the ath next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Yes but its up 20% in the last two weeks that's why it's hard to know. I'll have a big cgt bill if I swap it for something else...

I might swap it for bitcoin to weather any potential pull backs in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

ETH recovered nicely. Up nearly 30% in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Now we are moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

anyone staking ZIL?

the free gZil tokens rewarded for staking ZIL are now worth approx $225ea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

You would be mad to sell now, its cousin KSM is running auctions in the next months, this will remove a large amount from circulation and push up price?
    DOT will be doing the same by summer, reduced supply on the market means price goes up?
    The fact is DOT is preforming much better and rising in price faster than the developers could have ever hoped for, the proof is DOT was just a placeholder name, the new name and rebranding is due this summer, gets the brain thinking we have not really seen the true potential of DOT.

Love this.
    Reminds me of Saturday lunch time in a pub, a friend would walk in and tell us he got a tip from a worker in a stable that a horse is running in the 3 O'clock, they have being holding it back, but its out for the win today, 20/1, there would be a quite exodus to the bookies to place bets by everyone in the pub, more often that not these type of tips would come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

You would be mad to sell now, its cousin KSM is running auctions in the next months, this will remove a large amount from circulation and push up price?
    DOT will be doing the same by summer, reduced supply on the market means price goes up?
    The fact is DOT is preforming much better and rising in price faster than the developers could have ever hoped for, the proof is DOT was just a placeholder name, the new name and rebranding is due this summer, gets the brain thinking we have not really seen the true potential of DOT.

I thought the advantage of DOT was the low fees and quick transactions - the very thing Eth is poor for. But the updates coming in the next few months tackles these two issues, surely it leaves DOT in a precarious position?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    anyone staking ZIL?

Have some Zil staked in the Moonlet wallet, am getting a steady drip of Zil and gZil, between the Zil and gZil you looking at 30+% APY.
    I would have dumped it by now if not for the 14 day unstake time, this Zil seems to just crab sideways, it will go up 10% and then back down 10%, the money invested in this Zil could probably be multiplying faster in another hold, but knowing the first rule of trading, the moment you sell the price goes up, it might be a blessing that the 14 day unstake time is putting me of dumping it, but once gZil rewards end in October i will seriously reevaluate this hold.

• Advertisement

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I thought the advantage of DOT was the low fees and quick transactions - the very thing Eth is poor for. But the updates coming in the next few months tackles these two issues, surely it leaves DOT in a precarious position?

DOT going nowhere but up!
    Gavin Wood and the web3.foundation are behind it, they seem to be a close knit group that promote and use each others product, they are all tied together.
    This is from 07/2020 so well out of date it has only got larger since then.
    Print this picture out, stick it on a wall, throw a dart at it, whatever the dart hits, thats your next investment:P

1613950179850.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

anyone staking ZIL?

I'm staking it on atomic wallet, cant seem to find the gzil token?

Have some Zil staked in the Moonlet wallet, am getting a steady drip of Zil and gZil, between the Zil and gZil you looking at 30+% APY.
    I would have dumped it by now if not for the 14 day unstake time, this Zil seems to just crab sideways, it will go up 10% and then back down 10%, the money invested in this Zil could probably be multiplying faster in another hold, but knowing the first rule of trading, the moment you sell the price goes up, it might be a blessing that the 14 day unstake time is putting me of dumping it, but once gZil rewards end in October i will seriously reevaluate this hold.

creeping sideways is fine with me at a 15% return per annum

great passive income rate

the gZil value will only increase, I'll be holding mine until I get a good offer

bosco12345 wrote: »
    I'm staking it on atomic wallet, cant seem to find the gzil token?

have you claimed any ZIL yet?

If not, you wont have any gZil yet
    They reward you the gZil when you claim

up to you when you claim but by Oct they wont be rewarding them any more so make sure you claim before then

I find every 6 weeks works out best for me

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

anyone staking ZIL?

i have a small bag of zil on atomic wallet its staked but how does that translate to gZil?

when i try to claim it says that the network fee is nearly as much as the claim!

• Advertisement

i have a small bag of zil on atomic wallet its staked but how does that translate to gZil?

when i try to claim it says that the network fee is nearly as much as the claim!

the current network claim fee is 31.5zil so you need to wait until you think its financially worthwhile to claim otherwise your rewards will be just consumed by the claim fee

I usually wait 6 weeks to claim

you get the gZil then in your wallet when you claim, make sure you have it switched on through the settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

connie147 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. these are the coins i have purchased so far, (spent €2000 total)

CHZ
    BNB
    IOTA
    TRX
    VET
    THETA
    EWT
    ADA
    ROSE
    DOGE
    LINK
    MATIC
    TFUEL

Thanks, Connie.

Right. As stated in an earlier post, these are the alt coins I have invested €2k in. Luckily enough the crypto portfolio is up 65% so far. I understand that kinda % profit cant continue unabated.
    The question I have for the experienced heads in here is how does one pick a time to sell off a coin.

i understand that there is no formula, but there must be something that tell the experienced crypto player "its time to let that one go".

For instance, even though all of my coins are up in value, the biggest riser is CHZ, bought at $0.05 and this morning up at 0.30 (now 0.27 as im writing).
    I have no issues with letting all of these coins sit there for 3-5 years, but what should make me sell one of them and re-invest the money in another coin? Like what should tell me a coin should be left alone for 3-5 years no matter how much its value rises.

Asking questions like these will help me avoid making rookie mistakes.

Cheers
    Connie

edited to say that I did get rid of TRON (TRX) last week on dirk danglers advice. Lucky enough I sold it and bought more CHZ!

have you claimed any ZIL yet?

If not, you wont have any gZil yet
    They reward you the gZil when you claim

up to you when you claim but by Oct they wont be rewarding them any more so make sure you claim before then

I find every 6 weeks works out best for me

I've just tried to claim and i dont have enough zil available, need 31 zil to be able to claim. I have 3000 zil staked but looks like you need to have some available in the wallet. I guess I just need to buy more and transfer it and should be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Right. As stated in an earlier post, these are the alt coins I have invested €2k in. Luckily enough the crypto portfolio is up 65% so far. I understand that kinda % profit cant continue unabated.
    The question I have for the experienced heads in here is how does one pick a time to sell off a coin.

i understand that there is no formula, but there must be something that tell the experienced crypto player "its time to let that one go".

For instance, even though all of my coins are up in value, the biggest riser is CHZ, bought at $0.05 and this morning up at 0.30 (now 0.27 as im writing).
    I have no issues with letting all of these coins sit there for 3-5 years, but what should make me sell one of them and re-invest the money in another coin? Like what should tell me a coin should be left alone for 3-5 years no matter how much its value rises.

Cheers
    Connie

In a very similar dilemma here, I went mad buying random alt coins the last bull run in Aug, I was a bagholder most the next 6months on them, and they all took off again now. There is absolutely no real right or wrong answer to your question I think, you'll only find out in a months time ha, when either you've sold and everything rocketed or you hodl'd and everything tanks ha, my loose strategy is to take some profit's off the table along the line, I'm lucky enough that I'm about 200% up on last August now so the aim is to take out the likes of 3/4s of my original capital, mostly will be the lower conviction alts that I bought on a whim, I'll cash out fully on them. The only alts that I'm considering keeping are Thela chainlink and fetch (fetch is a pure moonshot that has been very kind to me so far). I'll probably skim the likes of 5 or 10% off my btc and eth also then.

Edit, also part the reason I wanna take money out, I'm using crypto.com for all my crypto and I'm trusting them less and less every day, their 4% fee with the piss poor exchange rates, very poor review's on the play store, and Lithuanian bank accounts, nay I need to get my cash away from the likes of all that.

I've just tried to claim and i dont have enough zil available, need 31 zil to be able to claim. I have 3000 zil staked but looks like you need to have some available in the wallet. I guess I just need to buy more and transfer it and should be ok

ya thats a common mistake, people stake the full amount and then realise they should have held back a few for the next claim transaction

every time you stake after claiming its good to hold back maybe 50-100 zil just in case of fluctuating network costs

Cheers
    Connie

90% of the sh!tcoins will be gone when the bull run ends in my opinion. Whenever that will be is another thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

Timmaay wrote: »
    Edit, also part the reason I wanna take money out, I'm using crypto.com for all my crypto and I'm trusting them less and less every day, their 4% fee with the piss poor exchange rates, very poor review's on the play store, and Lithuanian bank accounts, nay I need to get my cash away from the likes of all that.
    Where do you see a 4% fee? Genuine question. The fee table is here: https://crypto.com/exchange/document/fees-limits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Carbon125 wrote: »
    Where do you see a 4% fee? Genuine question. The fee table is here: https://crypto.com/exchange/document/fees-limits

It not an actual fee, its the sh1t exchange rate which works out about 4%, so I'm calling it a fee lol.

Timmaay wrote: »
    It not an actual fee, its the sh1t exchange rate which works out about 4%, so I'm calling it a fee lol.

The second thing that had me look at bitcoin was the thought of using it to avoid currency conversion fees. Unfortunately the exchange fees prevented my cunning plan from working, however I did buy some anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Matic just listed on Coinbase pro. Omgggggg been worth the two year wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

90% of the sh!tcoins will be gone when the bull run ends in my opinion. Whenever that will be is another thing

Does the bullrun mean the rise in bitcoin again. I remember looking at them at 6.5k$ and was going to but one however it just slipped my mind for awhile. Now today they are 45k$. This was definitely a gamble worth taking at the time although as mentioned, I didn't buy one. If they ever do take a dive again I think I'll purchase one. This is all guessing but I don't expect them to drop again like they did in 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

tobeme2020 wrote: »
    Does the bullrun mean the rise in bitcoin again. I remember looking at them at 6.5k$ and was going to but one however it just slipped my mind for awhile. Now today they are 45k$. This was definitely a gamble worth taking at the time although as mentioned, I didn't buy one. If they ever do take a dive again I think I'll purchase one. This is all guessing but I don't expect them to drop again like they did in 2019.

I doubt it'll drop to 10k again but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Some of you may have seen this before, I really like it. It's a great visualisation of all the transactions and blocks in real time, showing the gas price etc.

https://txstreet.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I doubt it'll drop to 10k again but you never know.
    it will. On it's way to 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sold last night when it was dropping at €43.6k, hoping to buy back at a lower price. It has since proceeded to skyrocket up to €46k. Just bought back in. I have the worst luck. Watch the price plummet now.

FFVII wrote: »

Want some SALT with those chips on your shoulders?

FFVII wrote: »

Don't need that pessimism around here bud

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sold last night when it was dropping at €43.6k, hoping to buy back at a lower price. It has since proceeded to skyrocket up to €46k. Just bought back in. I have the worst luck. Watch the price plummet now.

Been there, have the burns....I used to try and trade and really it's guesswork, "we" are not, nor ever will be market movers so the rest is just hunches and reading and gambling....

Since then I'm a HODLer pretty much, but I do pay attention to "tips" from some posters here who are more involved than me, and as I've mentioned in earlier posts, which some do not agree with I've been extracting my initial investments over the years at set prices and then I will DCA back in, feels comforting that I won't lose it all if for example Crypto is banned globally for example (chances are close to zero obviously) but it gives me some comfort that I'm only gambling with profit.

I couldn't deal with checking the markets 20 times a day looking at trades that I had ordered......(now down to only 5 :) ) easier this way and you definitely learn that the volatility of crypto should be expected - as some people would remind you...... you need to ZOOM way back out (date wise) to understand that the 20% rises and dips are just part of this game

hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I purchased some coins in December and January.
    Some of them doing well and others not so much.
    Is it advisable to withdraw a percentage of some of them,if all fails at least have my initial investment back and then anything else is a bonus?

I have no issue leaving them there long-term and don't need the money at the moment just wondering what more experienced people do around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

yabadabado wrote: »
    I purchased some coins in December and January.
    Some of them doing well and others not so much.
    Is it advisable to withdraw a percentage of some of them,if all fails at least have my initial investment back and then anything else is a bonus?

I have no issue leaving them there long-term and don't need the money at the moment just wondering what more experienced people do around here.

IMO it's a split strategy here - some like to get their initial investment back, some see it as lowering the potential returns - so ultimately imo it's up to you and what you hope for :) that probably doesn't help much but I believe that they are the answers you will get here, depends on risk appetite and personal circumstances

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement