Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

I wouldnt blame whelo in any way. Its up to everyone to put there money in or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Shilling is an understatement

I’m really not trying to personalise things here but you’re the one on constantly talking about not buying presents for people and shoving all your savings into ‘buying sats’.

‘Traditional’ crypto is extremely risky and defi is just degenerate gambling masquerading as a new type of finance. I don’t see Whelo getting excited about this being any different than any other post around here. Everyone knows the risks involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Whatever you say pintman

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Ah now, everyone shills their own holdings and interests to an extent, where every value drop is another "buying opportunity" and so on

It's just unlucky for that project, but goes with the territory. It's a solid reminder for those with (and without) experience to only put in what they can comfortably afford to lose.

I don’t know it if can be 100% bad luck when HEX is part of the name. All crypto is risky even the non sh1tcoins. We are all guilty of being a little giddy when things look promising but starting to think we should have a pinned post so that rookies don’t get rekt when this happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Everyone has their own mind. Playing Crypto Alts is like betting on the grand national. You don't get to go back to the guy in the pub that gave you a sure thing when your horse gets shot on the first corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

rapul wrote: »
    Ah it is dude, read back to about a week ago, so many positive posts which some will just buy on, and have. Your comparison is weak

Someone who doesn't make ANY distinction between projects has NO credibility. JF is the guy that for 3 years has told us that everything is shíte and there's nothing good whatsoever in this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

Everyone has their own mind. Playing Crypto Alts is like betting on the grand national. You don't get to go back to the guy in the pub that gave you a sure thing when your horse gets shot on the first corner.

And this might still recover there is still hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Tango One wrote: »
    I wouldnt blame whelo in any way. Its up to everyone to put there money in or not.

That's fair. I haven't lost much with this fiasco. I just put a few quid in as my first adventure with staking. We'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

BTC and Eth holding their ground, but most alts are on the slide. The last 2 Decembers have been low points for crypto, hopefully there's a repeat of the rough same pattern this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Ah it is dude, read back to about a week ago, so many positive posts which some will just buy on, and have. Your comparison is weak

You are in some way going to lay any blame on this toward me? I'd knock you clean out if you had the balls to say that to my face. I'm supposed to pre-empt a vulnerability that dozens of devs and 3 audit forms didn't?

Everyone in crypto knows DYOR. Lots of people have made money in here from other posters recommendstions. This one didn't work out. I can guarantee I had more money in this than all of you put together, so go moan elsewhere.

Latest update from the founder.

No matter what happens, we will relaunch, and all the AXN/HEX2T people were holding at the time will be credited.
    We will launch a Liquidity Reward Portal to incentivize members to add liquidity, bringing us right back to where we were.

It's incredibly unfortunate to wake up to this, but the beauty with blockchain, is that we can and will relaunch, with everyones AXN/HEX2T recorded and safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Whelo79 wrote: »
    You are in some way going to lay any blame on this toward me? I'd knock you clean out if you had the balls to say that to my face. I'm supposed to pre-empt a vulnerability that dozens of devs and 3 audit forms didn't?

Everyone in crypto knows DYOR. Lots of people have made money in here from other posters recommendstions. This one didn't work out. I can guarantee I had more money in this than all of you put together, so go moan elsewhere.

Latest update from the founder.

No matter what happens, we will relaunch, and all the AXN/HEX2T people were holding at the time will be credited.
    We will launch a Liquidity Reward Portal to incentivize members to add liquidity, bringing us right back to where we were.

It's incredibly unfortunate to wake up to this, but the beauty with blockchain, is that we can and will relaunch, with everyones AXN/HEX2T recorded and safe

LOL, I was actually quite reserved but now yes I will actually say u cost people money and now are threatening me, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

LOL, I was actually quite reserved but now yes I will actually say u cost people money and now are threatening me, well done.

Head off back to watch your soap operas pal. You are safer there than in the real world.

Apologies to anyone who lost money on the back of this. Hold onto your tokens and see where it goes over he next few months. The dev team have said they will release a proposed timeline on how they plan to move forward in the next 24 hours or so.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Head off back to watch your soap operas pal. You are safer there than in the real world.

Haha pathetic grow up, your actually proving oul Johnny right about angry men on the net, grow a pair yourself child, and stop shilling your shïtcoins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

If we go the route of blaming better ban the forum because we can't talk about crypto. Everyone here should be well aware of the risks

KilOit wrote: »
    If we go the route of blaming better ban the forum because we can't talk about crypto. Everyone here should be well aware of the risks

I didn't blame i said kind of, but oul Whelo there went on the defensive and apparently would knock me out, big man, so yes then I blamed him but I was reserved and expressing only my opinion at the start. I'm out anyway, just calling it as I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

To change the topic and a bit to good news. Coinbase earn have a earn campaign out today for ALGO.

Answer a few questions and get 6$ dollars free ALGO. Just got email today. Everyone should check it out.

Just google Coinbase earn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

To change the topic and a bit to good news. Coinbase earn have a earn campaign out today for ALGO.

Answer a few questions and get 6$ dollars free ALGO. Just got email today. Everyone should check it out.

Just google Coinbase earn.

Thanks, saw MKR too if people haven't already done it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ooh the drama. Glad I stayed away from this Axion thing. Anyway, probably best if you start a separate thread for it.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Everyone has their own mind. Playing Crypto Alts is like betting on the grand national.

There is alts and then there is crap on uniswap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Advertisement

Been listening to a lot of podcasts on crypto during these times. Saifdean Ammous (have read his book 'The Bitcoin Standard' too) and Stephan Livera are two I listen to. What a lot of these guys have in common is that they are extremely smart logical advocates of BTC (maybe not altcoins), but also with extreme libertarian views on for example Covid19, government interference, taxation also. Also climate change deniers. Wacko stuff.

Listened to Livera interview a former UKIP MEP who expounded on his views on banking, BTC, and the EU, with a fair dollop of his racist views thrown in, which Livera just laughed at without challenging him on it. Would be interested to hear people's views on these guys, and if you can recommend any more rational advocates of BTC and crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Been listening to a lot of podcasts on crypto during these times. Saifdean Ammous (have read his book 'The Bitcoin Standard' too) and Stephan Livera are two I listen to. What a lot of these guys have in common is that they are extremely smart logical advocates of BTC (maybe not altcoins), but also with extreme libertarian views on for example Covid19, government interference, taxation also. Also climate change deniers. Wacko stuff.

It's definitely a common theme in crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Listened to Livera interview a former UKIP MEP who expounded on his views on banking, BTC, and the EU, with a fair dollop of his racist views thrown in, which Livera just laughed at without challenging him on it. Would be interested to hear people's views on these guys, and if you can recommend any more rational advocates of BTC and crypto.
    I listened to that podcast last night - whilst also getting a bit of work done.
    On the one hand, I don't think many Irish people would have any affinity with Livera's guest. I also hate coming across the covid commentary from all of these guys (particularly Livera) on my crypto-twitter feed.

Tease the politics out of it though - and that doesn't mean that there isn't intelligence and a point to what they're saying. The old UKKIP crony as a case in point. Sure he comes across as a pompous old money right wing brit - but he had a good understanding of the value of gold vs. state money. Likewise, it was interesting to see how he has come to the conclusion that bitcoin is the way to go (or to be included as part of one of the ways to go).

Having left Ireland in 2018, I've ran into plenty of crypto-headz and they tend to be right wing. I do see cross-over between the decentralised crypto movement and libertarian ideals - and I'm down with a lot of them. However, for me too - they go too far in their thinking. We don't come from that type of background in Ireland so it's hard to get the head round. In the meantime, I think you look past it and pull out what you think is relevant. Livera still has a quality podcast with quality guests.

I listened to that podcast last night - whilst also getting a bit of work done.
    On the one hand, I don't think many Irish people would have any affinity with Livera's guest. I also hate coming across the covid commentary from all of these guys (particularly Livera) on my crypto-twitter feed.

Tease the politics out of it though - and that doesn't mean that there isn't intelligence and a point to what they're saying. The old UKKIP crony as a case in point. Sure he comes across as a pompous old money right wing brit - but he had a good understanding of the value of gold vs. state money. Likewise, it was interesting to see how he has come to the conclusion that bitcoin is the way to go (or to be included as part of one of the ways to go).

Having left Ireland in 2018, I've ran into plenty of crypto-headz and they tend to be right wing. I do see cross-over between the decentralised crypto movement and libertarian ideals - and I'm down with a lot of them. However, for me too - they go too far in their thinking. We don't come from that type of background in Ireland so it's hard to get the head round. In the meantime, I think you look past it and pull out what you think is relevant. Livera still has a quality podcast with quality guests.

Yea, I can appreciate and agree with the argumentation made about BTC as hard money vs fiat/central banks. Ammous 'The Bitcoin Standard' was very convincing in that regard. What I find bizarre is his stuff about blaming fiat money for the alleged lamentable state of modern art, which he maintains is incomparable with the art created during the era of the gold standard. He also has a thing about 'fiat food' and fossil fuel energy v renewables, and has a go at Keynes personally.

So it's hard to know if they have these extreme views/serious chips on shoulders/mental blocks - because they're BTC advocates, or if they are BTC advocates because they have these extreme views.

As to where it's all going, that's what I'm trying to figure out. It's not teased out properly in these discussions beyond what the advantages of BTC are. PlanB has a plan to 'go dark' if BTC gains sufficient traction, but it's as if these guys are so caught up in their belief in BTC that they don't consider the wider societal implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Are they going to hold BTC to the value or is it just an IOU like Revolut?

Are they going to hold BTC to the value or is it just an IOU like Revolut?

Depends on who you ask! No comment from themselves yet as far as I know. My guess is it's just a derivative due to not being able to withdraw. Problem is if Bitcoin goes to $100,000 then I'm not sure how they'd pay their IOUs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

broke out of $14k again

Bitcoin doesnt care who the US President is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Well CRO is going through the floor. Hopefully it take a turn soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement