Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Irish_rat wrote: »
    How many btc should we have to be comfortable ��

I'm all in alts

right now my portfolio is about 33% BTC, that varies month to month depending on prices, but its a sizeable chunk of BTC so I'm happy with my spread

I've bought my 2 sons 0.005 ea just to be part of the game, got is around $8k

It was more to get them interested in crypto and see if they wanted to invest more from their savings which they have thankfully
    Hopefully when I'm long gone they'll thank me cos they wont be getting anything from me cos i'll be blowing it all in the next 25yrs on 5* hotels and box seats at Anfield

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Truckermal wrote: »
    What does Johnnyflash and paddy pintman think?

That possibly they should have bought Bitcoin at $3500 in December 2018 when they were calling it dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    That possibly they should have bought Bitcoin at $3500 in December 2018 when they were calling it dead.

I remember buying Bitcoin at €315 in 2015. Bought 15 of them.
    Sold them then about €500 each thinking I was great... little did I know.

I also bought a lot of EOS at 0.8, sold at 1.0, also thinking I was clever... very very little did I know.

It’s always good to pay attention to the crypto greed and fear index when it gets into the mid 80’s

You can nearly always bet there’s a retrace and it’s good to take some profits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    It’s always good to pay attention to the crypto greed and fear index when it gets into the mid 80’s

You can nearly always bet there’s a retrace and it’s good to take some profits

A retrace is healthy and whilst the greed and fear index might have turned, there's no sign to me of mania - meaning less newbies/weak hands.
    Fundamentals otherwise are strong. Timing remains to be seen but between now and going into 2021, there's plenty to be positive about. Just Square's Q3 results alone (which show that they bought up 2x btc mining supply) signal stronger pricing going forward.

• Advertisement

A retrace is healthy and whilst the greed and fear index might have turned, there's no sign to me of mania - meaning less newbies/weak hands.
    Fundamentals otherwise are strong. Timing remains to be seen but between now and going into 2021, there's plenty to be positive about. Just Square's Q3 results alone (which show that they bought up 2x btc mining supply) signal stronger pricing going forward.

I only use it as a guide and especially during a bullish market which I feel we are in now, every now & again these retraces seem to happen when the F&G Index reaches into the 80's
    For me I tend to take profit of about 20% of my holdings and buy back afterwards which helps slightly increase for the next leg up

Its risky but from past experience it nearly always pays off

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Altcoins signalling themselves up for a major rally having dropped significantly recently. For risk takers this is an opportunity to double or triple your BTC holdings, if done correctly. Or you can lose it all.

It’s the cycle of crypto
    Fiat-btc-large caps-mid caps-small caps

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

fiat-BTC-hoddle

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Cred which is similar to Celsius network filed for bankruptcy

https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/1325518226504241156?s=21

Not your keys not your crypto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Tango One

district0x is going nuts never heard of it before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Tango One wrote: »

It's around a long time I remember having a few million of them a few years ago.

Currently thinking a 3/4 year career break / holiday in Portugal.

how much have you looked into this?

In order to be tax domicile for Portugal I presume you have to be there a min amount of time and prove that you intend to live there ?

In order to be tax domicile for Portugal I presume you have to be there a min amount of time and prove that you intend to live there ?

In my experience, moving to Ireland, Revenue want you to pay tax and consider you resident for tax purposes, if you live here for more than 6 months in the year. They sure as hell don't ask you to prove anything that involves you paying tax to them, the quistions would come if you didn't want to pay them tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Revenue will want their hands on any gains for up to 3 years after you leave (whether or not they know about said gains).

It's a bit wishy-washy but my provisional idea is to move there and get address, open bank account at earliest convenience, and then just chill and see where the corn goes for 2-3 years. If it continues to moon I could cream some gains off and deposit into the Portuguese account. Revenue won't know my Portuguese bank account dealings.

Ideally I don't want to sell any Bitcoin within the next 4-5 years if I don't have to, but would hate to be tax resident in the wrong country should a good time to offload some arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Tango One

Truckermal wrote: »
    It's around a long time I remember having a few million of them a few years ago.

Any idea why it at the races still flying today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Any idea why it at the races still flying today.

No idea I sold everything about 2 months ago and lost interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Druckenmiller stated on TV today that he is long Bitcoin.

https://twitter.com/raoulgmi/status/1325873370207051776?s=21

Pretty bullish in terms of adoption by the world of finance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Some amount of volume on coinbase buying CVC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

rapul wrote: »
    Some amount of volume on coinbase buying CVC

Which one of the 2500+ coins is CVC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Bought some District0x and Civic in 2017. They are only going nuts due to the CB listing, no fundamentals changed. Again, so much of the market is completely irrational and based on hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,867 ✭✭✭✭unkel

my provisional idea is to move there and get address, open bank account at earliest convenience, and then just chill and see where the corn goes for 2-3 years. If it continues to moon I could cream some gains off and deposit into the Portuguese account. Revenue won't know my Portuguese bank account dealings.

Eh, yes they will!

unkel wrote: »
    Eh, yes they will!

No they wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

cnocbui wrote: »
    No they wont.

Is this Punch and Judy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Green Mile wrote: »
    Is this Punch and Judy

Revenue's behind you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,867 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No they wont.

LOL. You're very naive dude.

Revenue's behind you. :)

When I'm sitting on a beach in Oz, Portugal, NZ - Revenue can be standing behind me all they like, but they're just tourists, and can either go for a swim, catch some waves, or lie on a towel and soak up some sun, because that is all they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Eh, yes they will!
    No they wont.

My 2 cents is that it depends on whether the account is opened with a Portuguese or an Irish tax identification number (and address).

If it is an Irish TIN, the bank will report it to Portuguese tax authorities as a non tax-resident account, who will in turn forward the information to their Irish counterpart (i.e. Revenue) as part of automated information sharing agreements between countries.

It the account is associated to a Portuguese TIN and a Portuguese address however, as far as the bank and Portuguese tax authorities are concerned the person is a tax resident in Portugal, and there is not reason to share the account information with any other country.

Now of course whether information sharing occurs or not doesn’t change tax liabilities.

LOL. You're very naive dude.

Foreign banks and financial insitutions will only report large deposits if your account with them has a foreign, in this case Irish, residential address. If it's a local address, they are not obliged to report transactions to the local tax authorities, for them to in turn pass on the details to Revenue.

You are never legally answerable to two different tax authorities, only the one's who can physically send guys around to knock on your door or require you to appear in their courts. You should always be fully compliant with the tax laws of the country where you are resident for tax purposes.

Revenue have no legal authority in foreign countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurphy2223

If anyone in this space is wise regarding crypto technology, would appreciate someone sharing their views on this new exchange - Leverj. They are a DEX and are using new technology called gluon.

Just wondering if anyone could offer thoughts?

https://leverj.io/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement