Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

An issue people are having is trying to do everything through their phone. If doing it by phone you need to use the metamask browser to access the swap website.

It's much easier to just do it all on your PC/laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got mine swapped over. Will look at staking once the fees cool down. Cost me about 5-6 euro in ETH just to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Axion Tutorial for Beginners - Swapping Hex2t for Axion and Staking...

https://youtu.be/XkHP5TQPsxY

Yea see my HEX2T now.. problem now is that it won't allow me to confirm transaction when doing the swap..whichever gas fee/time I select, it says insufficient balance for my gas price... maybe I need to buy some gas? Ah.. the joys of crypto..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Yea see my HEX2T now.. problem now is that it won't allow me to confirm transaction when doing the swap..whichever gas fee/time I select, it says insufficient balance for my gas price... maybe I need to buy some gas? Ah.. the joys of crypto..

yeah you will need some ETH to cover the gas fee. About €6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Too obscure for me. You were assaulted/robbed; BTC is falling?

cnocbui wrote: »
    Too obscure for me. You were assaulted/robbed; BTC is falling?

Reckon AXN is a rug-pull job

Hope not too many of you lost money there.

tenor.gif?itemid=17035521

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Hope not too many of you lost money there.

Tiny amounts into "crypto moon shot" alts usually does the trick, one going 10x will typically cover losses on another e.g. 5

• Advertisement

Disaster. It's not a rug pull, someone exploited a fault in staking and minted 79Bn tokens apparently and cashed out the liquidity fund of about $1m. Dev fund is still entouched.

It's being investigated and talk of initiating a roll back but this may be hard to recover from.

Disaster. It's not a rug pull, someone exploited a fault in staking and minted 79Bn tokens apparently and cashed out the liquidity fund of about $1m. Dev fund is still entouched.

It's being investigated and talk of initiating a roll back but this may be hard to recover from.

No rollback it's decentralized remember ;) Oh except when **** happens, then we love centralisation

All that aside, genuinely sorry if anyone lost decent amounts

Reckon it'll 5x back to this mornings open on any timeframe? Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Reminds me a bit of this.

9-DE7715-B-3-E29-430-B-B846-331-A0-D352-D68.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Buy the dip. You can buy billions of coins for a price of a sandwich :pac:

So those audits meant ****.

Had this happen to several alts over the years, I do not recommend buying "billions" of the exploited coin now, team will most likely roll back (and that takes ages), it can probably be "fixed" in some way, but the project will be tainted

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    So those audits meant ****.

Had this happen to several alts over the years, I do not recommend buying "billions" of the exploited coin now, team will most likely roll back (and that takes ages), it can probably be "fixed" in some way, but the project will be tainted

The delivery of an ‘audit’ seems to be the 2020 equivalent of a roadmap back in 2017. It’s used to somehow add an air of legitimacy to the whole process while meaning nothing in reality.

Devs are active in discord with updates, it is only 500k liquidity that was taken and this will be replaced. They can roll back to pre launch with the old Hex2T token I guess and relaunch once they have sorted the issue. Unreal that 2 audits from the biggest companies around have not picked up on this.

The hacker is continuously minting 79Bn tokens and some idiots are still buying at the crashed price thinking they will be rich, while others are talking about committing suicide.

100% not a rug pull but can't rule out that someone on the inside used the dev keys to mint the tokens I guess.

The delivery of an ‘audit’ seems to be the 2020 equivalent of a roadmap back in 2017. It’s used to somehow add an air of legitimacy to the whole process while meaning nothing in reality.

Indeed but if the audits worked properly and the whole sphere was regulated then we wouldn't have the crazy high-risk gains, which is the whole attraction in the first place. Swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

It's a serious clusterf**k. Another rabbit hole I've descended. Now the stake.axion.network site is prompting me for a username/password.

• Advertisement

Pdoghue wrote: »
    It's a serious clusterf**k. Another rabbit hole I've descended. Now the stake.axion.network site is prompting me for a username/password.

It's down to stop more people converting their HEX2T or staking their AXN. No point in the site being live right now.

What was the point of the audit?

What was the point of the audit?

What is the point of any audit? Bit of a silly question really.

They creators can't foresee that TWO independent auditors wouldn't pick up on the vulnerability. It wasn't picked up during the testnet phase either.

It's definitely a targeted attack. The website had a DDOS attack mid week too.

Latest update from Devs

@everyone
    The attack was planned. (by who is unknown)
    Tornado.cash was used as anonymizer.
    Hacker’s address: https://etherscan.io/address/0x8b1deff8d7d0eeb1869f9e3e52169f19cabdbb5b

He got 79B with stake/unstake exploit
    Then he moved 79B to uniswap taking all the liquidity.

We have contacted Certik and Hacken for clarifications and help in investigation. Will provide updates as I get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

To be fair shouldn't all of the comments from Whelo about this launch be in its own thread, and I'm not being bad here but Whelo did kind of shill this coin in a thread about being excited and peolpe have lost money. Yes do your own research but look back so many comments on how this is a sure thing and the audit means the world.

Bad form IMO

What is the point of any audit? Bit of a silly question really.

They creators can't foresee that TWO independent auditors wouldn't pick up on the vulnerability. It wasn't picked up during the testnet phase either.

It's definitely a targeted attack. The website had a DDOS attack mid week too.

From this double-failure in auditing we can surmise that these "auditors" aren't worth jack.

rapul wrote: »
    To be fair shouldn't all of the comments from Whelo about this launch be in its own thread, and I'm not being bad here but Whelo did kind of shill this coin in a thread about being excited and peolpe have lost money. Yes do your own research but look back so many comments on how this is a sure thing and the audit means the world.

Bad form IMO

It’s very much a case of DYOR imo. Don’t see Whelo getting overly excited about a dubious shïtcoin being any different than all the other posts in here over the years - Verge, IOTA, NANO etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

It’s very much a case of DYOR imo. Don’t see Whelo getting overly excited about a dubious shïtcoin being any different than all the other posts in here over the years - Verge, IOTA, NANO etc.

Ah it is dude, read back to about a week ago, so many positive posts which some will just buy on, and have. Your comparison is weak

Shilling is an understatement

• Advertisement

Shilling is an understatement

Ah now, everyone shills their own holdings and interests to an extent, where every value drop is another "buying opportunity" and so on

It's just unlucky for that project, but goes with the territory. It's a solid reminder for those with (and without) experience to only put in what they can comfortably afford to lose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement