Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Think this is about the same as Amazon but its bricks and mortar.

Tesco have the Hue starter kits (1 white bulb and dimmer) for €24.95

Individual Hue bulbs for €19.95

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Tesco have the Hue starter kits (1 white bulb and dimmer) for €24.95

In store?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In store?

Not in Coonagh or Ennis anyway

In store?

Yeah in the Tesco Extra Liffey Valkey today, said they were 'new' so maybe tesco are starting to roll out Hue stuff in larger stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭tnegun

Saw them in Maynooth too, back right corner of the store in a display unit at the end of the DVD aisle so easy to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

also in Tesco Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Glitch is fixed, rang EI and they are saying 130 for the first nest and 270 for any additional nest.

You have to do it online. They won't/can't do it over the phone.

Order one, select installation date, decide on payment method, confirm.

Then do it all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Can someone who is an EI electricity customer, but not a gas customer, get a Nest installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

fletch wrote: »
    Can someone who is an EI electricity customer, but not a gas customer, get a Nest installed?

I'm Electric only and getting the Nest installed.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    You have to do it online. They won't/can't do it over the phone.

Order one, select installation date, decide on payment method, confirm.

Then do it all over again.

Dang it, i think they already took payment for the 2. Ah well, still getting them both installed professionally for 400euro with isn't bad at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

Must you have to pay a monthly fee once you get the Nest?

Must you have to pay a monthly fee once you get the Nest?

you just pay for the nest either up front, or I believe you can spread over 12month payments.

There is no subscription cost as it uses your own WIFI network for remote access etc.

Okish deal at Currys...Google home and a chromecast for €59

Choice of the 3 colours for the home.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/smart-home-starter-kits/google-chromecast-google-home-mini-bundle-chalk-10188973-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

https://blinkforhome.co.uk

Deal on Blink cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

THE ALM wrote: »
    https://blinkforhome.co.uk

Deal on Blink cameras

I bought the two camera pack during the summer and they are very good.

Only two minor issues, the mount isn't very sturdy and you can't zoom in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I bought the two camera pack during the summer and they are very good.

Only two minor issues, the mount isn't very sturdy and you can't zoom in.
    €167 delivered for the two camera XT system from the UK site (Amazon EU sites are €192). Seems like a great deal. Will be good to ditch the sh1tty Ring doorbell I have, which has never really worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

€167 delivered for the two camera XT system from the UK site (Amazon EU sites are €192). Seems like a great deal. Will be good to ditch the sh1tty Ring doorbell I have, which has never really worked for me.

Amazon UK is £143 as well.

What was your issue with the Ring doorbell, as I was considering one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Amazon UK is £143 as well.
    Cool. Ordered directly from the site, and paid by Paypal in Sterling, which meant it came in slightly cheaper at €162.70. The one brief benefit of Brexit.
    I had a few issues, but they may have been specific to my device (Ring Doorbell version 1). Regular system crashes, that necessitated removing the doorbell from the framework and doing a hard reset. System, stopped charging from the mains (original doorbell wiring), and then the battery would only recharge (when disconnected from the doorbell frame) up to 56%. You could slow down the battery usage/discharge by reducing all of the capture settings, but the result was ultimately the same. Battery wouldn't charge from the mains and wouldn't charge from USB connection. So now it operates as an expensive doorbell. Primary goal was security rather than Doorbell monitoring, so this sounds like a suitable substitute and the 2 year no-cable battery-life is the clincher. No charges for storage of video/data is also a big improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i've the ring2 for a few weeks now, and it's been flawless, absolutely delighted with it. it's the pro version, replaced the transformer, so it is hardwired, but it's hasn''t had a single issue since i put it in. no idea if the battery issues krusty experienced still affect the non mains powered version,but i would highly highly recommend the ring pro

• Registered Users Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

my ring pro is brilliant as well, wouldnt be without it

TP-Link Kasa Cam also reduced. This camera does work through chromecast so 'might' be compatible with the home hub.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

so tempted by the blink deal. that with the ring would give me almost full external coverage. could it not have waited a few more days till xmas bonus came...:(

mossym wrote: »
    so tempted by the blink deal. that with the ring would give me almost full external coverage. could it not have waited a few more days till xmas bonus came...:(

should just blacklist this site until after Christmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

THE ALM wrote: »
    TP-Link Kasa Cam also reduced. This camera does work through chromecast so 'might' be compatible with the home hub.

I have this camera, and it does work with both Chromecast and the Home Hub. "Hey google, show camera on Chromecast" or "Hey google, show camera on Hub"

It is a very good camera, but using it as I do as a baby monitor I have some issues:
    - the talk-back feature is not very good. The sound is pretty poor and when you talk back it makes a very loud ding on the camera. There doesn't seem to be any way to disable this. It absolutely terrifies my daughter so I don't use it.

- the stream on the chromecast or home hub only stays on for about 10 minutes. I'd prefer it to play indefinitely as it is a minor annoyance to have to restart it.

Other than that it's a good camera. Quality is excellent. I think i will get better use out of it when the kids are older and it can be re-used as a normal security camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Bord Gáis Energy offer for Rewards Club members! Get 25% off Hive View, Bulbs, Plugs, Sensors, accessories and Hub.

Looks like it's open to all as instructions are:

To claim this Reward simply use the discount code: BGEREWARDSHIVE and copy and paste it at the checkout at https://www.hivehome.com/ie

*Offer expires 3pm Friday 14 December 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

TJJP wrote: »
    Bord Gáis Energy offer for Rewards Club members! Get 25% off Hive View, Bulbs, Plugs, Sensors, accessories and Hub.

Looks like it's open to all as instructions are:

To claim this Reward simply use the discount code: BGEREWARDSHIVE and copy and paste it at the checkout at https://www.hivehome.com/ie

*Offer expires 3pm Friday 14 December 2018.

I tried this after I got the email and it didn't work.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

A320 wrote: »
    I tried this after I got the email and it didn't work.....

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

2 x B22 Philips hue white ambiance bulbs for £29 on amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambience-Personal-Wireless-Lighting/dp/B0748N824Y/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1544646786&sr=8-14&keywords=philips+hue

Revolut exchange rate is about 1.11/1.12

Advertisement