Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I just spotted that thanks. Is the basic warm white ok for hall/bathroom do you think? What’s the difference between white ambiance and warm white?

Edit I see from google the white just allows dimming no colour change at all. I’ll skip it so

I would personally only bother with ambience for Living areas and bedrooms. Bathrooms, hallways and landing are fine with basic warm white imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Dimmers work our at €16 each for 3 shipped to parcel wizard with Revolut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Nothing in woodies Naas now they’ve filled the hue drop with TP link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭54and56

Does anyone know if a Kasa Smart WiFi Plug by TP-Link can be controlled by multiple people simultaneously? I have one set up on a timer but I'd like to allow family members using the Kasa app on their own phone the ability to either alter the schedule or turn it on/off as necessary.

I've been through the settings on the Kasa app and can't see an option to "share" the device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Does anyone know if a Kasa Smart WiFi Plug by TP-Link can be controlled by multiple people simultaneously? I have one set up on a timer but I'd like to allow family members using the Kasa app on their own phone the ability to either alter the schedule or turn it on/off as necessary.

I've been through the settings on the Kasa app and can't see an option to "share" the device.

I just installed the app on there phone and logged in with my details

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

THE ALM wrote: »
    I just installed the app on there phone and logged in with my details

I setup a GMail account for the house years ago, the plan was to use it for bills and stuff like that, now its awful handy for the IFFTstuff

Clareman wrote: »
    I setup a GMail account for the house years ago, the plan was to use it for bills and stuff like that, now its awful handy for the IFFTstuff

Perfect, I already have a house Gmail set up for use with Android Streaming boxes etc so will use that from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭deezell

yip, that B7 would be a nice view, too big for me at 65"

Harvey Norman still offering this panny 55" Oled for €1599. Panasonic OLED 55FZ802B
    It was as low as £1299 in Selfridges uk online, but no stock left. Hard to know, thatcould be the base price once black f/ xmas/ Jan sales madness is over. Think I'll wait.

deezell wrote: »

Harvey Norman still offering this panny 55" Oled for €1599. Panasonic OLED 55FZ802B
    It was as low as £1299 in Selfridges uk online, but no stock left. Hard to know, thatcould be the base price once black f/ xmas/ Jan sales madness is over. Think I'll wait.

the LG55B8 is at €1399 which is the cheapest I think I have seen it, like you I will wait as I see them going lower as more and more use that LG panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

probably get a deal on the bulbs and be able to pick up a hub handy enough after today

I have an extra hub if anyone needs one, never used, got it as part of a starter kit deal, happy to sell it for €40 if anyone’s interested, PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ctlsleh wrote: »
    I have an extra hub if anyone needs one, never used, got it as part of a starter kit deal, happy to sell it for €40 if anyone’s interested, PM me

You won't get €40 for it especially here where everyone is well aware of how much they are worth and the value of them when buying in a bundle.

There's plenty listed on Adverts for €25-€30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I'll take any Google Home minis that are going folks if they came with a bundle that you dont require.

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I'll take any Google Home minis that are going folks if they came with a bundle that you dont require.

How kind of you to unleash us of this burden :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭deezell

AIB Visa credit card holders may be aware of AIB Everyday Rewards, which gives back refunds on credit card transactions. These are independent of store discounts as you pay your store deal price by card, then visa will later refund the percentage on offer.
    Right now theres 10% on Currys PC world, 1 online transaction only, until the 8th Dec. Thats say €150 back on a €1500 item, and there are a few Black Friday deals left. Eg the LG 55" OLED at €1400, youll get back €140, making it €1260

How kind of you to unleash us of this burden :pac:

Lol

I'll pay the premium of course:)

AIB Visa credit card holders may be aware of AIB Everyday Rewards, which gives back refunds on credit card transactions. These are independent of store discounts as you pay your store deal price by card, then visa will later refund the percentage on offer.
    Right now theres 10% on Currys PC world, 1 online transaction only, until the 8th Dec. Thats say €150 back on a €1500 item, and there are a few Black Friday deals left. Eg the LG 55" OLED at €1400, youll get back €140, making it €1260

that OLED is getting close to the magic €1000 every day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It's only up to €100 back I believe. And only valid for deliveries, you can't click and collect. At least it's that way for the BOI variant. Worth checking before anyone makes a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Littlewoods canceled my google Hub and Mini order:mad:

They didn't even email me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Littlewoods canceled my google Hub and Mini order:mad:

They didn't even email me.

Oh jaysus that’s not good. I ordered from them last night after google twice canceling my orders for some unknown reason, having bought off them many times before with the same details. I even changed to Revolut the second time and matched the address with Parcel Motel.

Got fed up and no response from Google so ordered off Littlewoods.
    Do they want to sell these things or not? Making it so difficult.

• Advertisement

Google Home Minis are €59 for two in Currys Liffey Valley (dont know if this is a nationwide deal) for one of each colour (black and chalk)

Dont let that turn you off - just reserve two of the colour you want online and they'll honour that with the €59 deal too, as the manager acknowledged they didnt think of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Anybody else having trouble ordering anything from Curry's... Website says there is stock but when order is placed I get a cancellation email saying there is no stock???

adox wrote: »
    Oh jaysus that’s not good. I ordered from them last night after google twice canceling my orders for some unknown reason, having bought off them many times before with the same details. I even changed to Revolut the second time and matched the address with Parcel Motel.

Got fed up and no response from Google so ordered off Littlewoods.
    Do they want to sell these things or not? Making it so difficult.

Did you check your littlewoods account? I logged in to see if there was a tracker option and that's when I noticed my order was cancelled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Do not ever go near littlewoods

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.littlewoodsireland.ie

I learnt the hard way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Not home automation but could be of interest to some here. Cyber Monday Sale on Emby premiere.
    https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-442-cyber-monday-sale/

sightband wrote: »
    Do not ever go near littlewoods

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.littlewoodsireland.ie

I learnt the hard way.

Looks like I'm learning the hard way too.

I logged into my account again and in the recent orders section, there is an option to delete the declined order but when I clicked delete a popup window appears saying that I'm unable to delete at this moment and I will have to refuse order at delivery point.

The €150 is pending at the moment, so im hoping that doesn't go through. Their site makes no sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Arlo Q down to £99 as deal of the day. Has been this price a couple of times before. Ive ordered one for the kitchen to add to the one I have in the front room.

It can be a bit flakey at times but the app is pretty good and free cloud storage:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arlo-Security-Camera-Vision-VMC3040-100UKS/dp/B01AWADR4S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543234234&sr=8-3&keywords=arlo+q

Is there any reason not to purchase the Nest Hello for $179 (€160 or so) from the Google US website and have it shipped here via AddressPal for €16 giving a landed cost of €175 Vs the €290 in Currys PC World?

Are the electrical standards or fitting requirements different between the US and here which would impact the Nest Hello? I've it in my head that because it's a low voltage door chime it doesn't matter but don't want to make an expensive mistake trying to save €115!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I ordered a Netatmo Weather Station on amazon.es, they have now cancelled my order as they say they cannot send it due to age restrictions in my country :confused:

Advertisement