Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror incident in Paris

Options
  • 25-09-2020 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Four people attacked with a meat cleaver in Paris by the old Charlie Hebdo offices. Sad to see how regular this type of crime has become. Pictures of the suspect are already online along with the bludgeoned cleaver.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Mainstream media not reporting on this much there's a surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Actually, just google "Paris" and most major news outlets have a mention of the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

When mayor of London Sadiq Khan stated terrorism was “part and parcel” of living in a city. He set a tone for Europe.

GT89 wrote: »

Really because I can find plenty of reports of it, including that unfortunately two people were attacked, not four as originally reported, and two arrests made so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Back when the Hebdo massacre happened, publications around the world could have helped out by printing the pictures. If you had all major Western media publishing them, it would have made it more difficult to see this as just a Charlie Hebdo thing and moved the target off them somewhat. I understand their fears for their journalists but I think capitulating like that sent the wrong message. That and those cnuts could hardly go after everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

With the threat of Trump leaving the white house the Taliban are starting up again.

Its been looking promising in the middle east he has been doing the last few years. He started a method never used by american leaders before where he didnt start a war in the middle east.

Theres a couple of countries had signed peace deals and were recognizing Isreal as a state. Of course the press here doesnt report on the good things Trump does but he is nominated for the Nobel peace prize twice. The other one is his work in the Balkans.

Id say the loser kids are seeing the democrats ( who start a new war every term ) rioting in to power and probably see it as a call to arms. .

Brace yourself from being scared out in crowded events or on the bus to work for a while.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Really because I can find plenty of reports of it, including that unfortunately two people were attacked, not four as originally reported, and two arrests made so far.

Will it be the leading story on the news tonight no it won't. Might get a snippet but not a leading story.

splashuum wrote: »
    When mayor of London Sadiq Khan stated terrorism was “part and parcel” of living in a city. He set a tone for Europe.

Think you'll find that he didn't say that, but requires actually reading something other than grifter sites

• Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Will it be the leading story on the news tonight no it won't. Might get a snippet but not a leading story.

It will be in France

Why would it be leading story in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

It's the third item on my Google News feed with link to both the Guardian and BBC. So I think it's fair to say you're wrong on that.

Why on earth would it be the leading story anywhere but France? The UK, for example, has over 6000 Covid cases today and they had a police officer shot by someone who smuggled a gun into custody with them. There are other things going on in the world today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What group was it? Any organisation claimed responsibility yet?

Which news?
    French news yeah I would say it would be the main story, don't know why it would be the main story on Irish news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

If anyone speaks French, BFM TV is brilliant for coverage of things like this. Sorry for all involved.

Their coverage of the Charlie Hebdo, and Bataclan and other things like the fire in Notre Dame was live, real, on the spot and quite frightening to watch at times.

If anyone speaks French, BFM TV is brilliant for coverage of things like this. Sorry for all involved.

Their coverage of the Charlie Hebdo, and Bataclan and other things like the fire in Notre Dame was live, real, on the spot and quite frightening to watch at times.

So whats going on Mrs I speak arnt I great.

Je parle francais or some mierde.

It will be in France

Why would it be leading story in Ireland?

To wake people up to dangers of third world immigration maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The whole trope of terrorism not being reported by mainstream media?
    Do those posting that, actually believe it?

It was headline news on Sky News at @12pm.
    Even though the shooting of a police officer in the UK was taking up much of their coverage.
    RTE initially reported on their website as 2 injured, also so both had reports on their leading bulletins.

Do people really subscribe to notion that there is an MSM effort to underreport or reduce reporting of attacks?

Police officer was shot in London today too, said suspect was on the terror list. I wonder was it related?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So whats going on Mrs I speak arnt I great.

Je parle francais or some mierde.

Thanks. English classes for you or put down that drink or spliff :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Why won't the mainstream media report on these things that are being reported in the mainstream media?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Where did you hear about it out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

It's being over-reported in the media if anything.

How often would you expect a non-fatal stabbing in a foreign country to be top of the headlines here? Because not a day would pass without that happening somewhere. Or does it only matter on the rare occasion when you can use the perpetrator of the stabbing to justify your existing prejudices?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

With the threat of Trump leaving the white house the Taliban are starting up again.

Its been looking promising in the middle east he has been doing the last few years. He started a method never used by american leaders before where he didnt start a war in the middle east.

Theres a couple of countries had signed peace deals and were recognizing Isreal as a state. Of course the press here doesnt report on the good things Trump does but he is nominated for the Nobel peace prize twice. The other one is his work in the Balkans.

Id say the loser kids are seeing the democrats ( who start a new war every term ) rioting in to power and probably see it as a call to arms. .

Brace yourself from being scared out in crowded events or on the bus to work for a while.

You need to fix that phone of yours. It's changing your posts into nonsense after you press "Submit Reply".

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

banie01 wrote: »
    The whole trope of terrorism not being reported by mainstream media?
    Do those posting that, actually believe it?

It was headline news on Sky News at @12pm.
    Even though the shooting of a police officer in the UK was taking up much of their coverage.
    RTE initially reported on their website as 2 injured, also so both had reports on their leading bulletins.

Do people really subscribe to notion that there is an MSM effort to underreport or reduce reporting of attacks?

Don't understand it really, "mainstream media" especially constant news channels like Sky report these things to a huge depth. Sky repeat most of the same information at least once an hour. The argument from those complaining about it make no sense.

You're right in that the "mainstream media" can't win really - if they underreport, it's a cover-up conspiracy. If they overreport, it's a cover-up conspiracy to hide something else, or just part of the "radical left agenda"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Hang on a second. Didn't Trump proclaim he had a peace deal with the Taliban? Yes he did.

Not much of a deal if you are suggesting it's falling apart already. So much for the master dealmaker and his "art of the deal".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

To wake people up to dangers of third world immigration maybe.

Immigrant(s) from the "third world" conducted the attacks?

Continue....tell us how the only mitigation measure against this type of low capability symbolic attack is a border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Except all the mainstream media outlets who are reporting it?

Why won't the mainstream media report on these things that are being reported in the mainstream media?

Obviously the mainstream media are in collusion with muslim extremists to impose sharia law on us unsuspecting westerners. Better look to the ports, you never know what's stirring inside the cargo bay. You take Dun Laoghaire tonight just in case, I'll keep a watchful eye on Rosslare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I tend to stay away from crowded events and buses anyway with this whole virus thing.

Advertisement