Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right wing extremist group behind Dublin Protest say Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

glasso wrote: »
    HH4vUWN.png

3MhRpyv.png

My brain hurts reading that theory

Is that from Q or some other source?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

Among the protesters was Erica Parker, a mother of one from Swords, who was drinking a can of Heineken while holding a flyer from the National Party. Parker and her friend Susan wore matching black hoodies which said “RTE sold there [sic] souls” and “Save our children from the reptilians”.

Is "reptilian" a euphemism, or do the National Party supporters actually believe Ryan Tubridy and co. are lizard people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Welcome to Amerika.

This is where "Trumpism" gets you. Hell she is even the build and colour of a classic Trump supporter - a slightly raddled, excess warpaint and probably too long in the sun middled aged blonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Welcome to Amerika.

This is where "Trumpism" gets you. Hell she is even the build and colour of a classic Trump supporter - a slightly raddled, excess warpaint and probably too long in the sun middled aged blonde.

She's just jealous that she can't get hold of some 'adrenochrome' as she could seriously do with some but it's far to late. Too much alcohol and cheap Spanish holidays.

• Advertisement

Welcome to Amerika.

Well unless trump is authoring this stuff, it’s hard to blame him. The US is exporting crazy ideologies these days though.

It’s interesting where this comes from. Q or QAnon are implicated in the capitol riots as well. Are we any closer to finding out where Q is or who he is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

RonanG86 wrote: »
    No doubt there will also be a certain cohort who'll engage in mental gymnastics to blame the left anyway.

Well yes that has happened on the first page of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It seems to have been a bunch of people with mental illnesses, I don't think categorising them as far left or far right would describe it accurately as it's likely to be a mix of mythologies.

Anyone who was there from a political party should be turfed out of that party as soon as possible.

glasso wrote: »

So much for the Looney Left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Youd have some craic just making up absoloute nonsense and feeding it to the media at these events. Completely discredits any sort of point being made at the protest then. Add in some poor grammar for extra spice. Genius.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

We’re not quite in “Amerika” as none of their candidates seem to poll even high enough to even get anywhere near a seat in an electoral system with fully open proportional and almost no barrier to getting on a ticket. So basically they’re a small, noisy rabble with extremely limited political traction.

“Amerika” is where conspiracy theorists are currently dominating one of their two largest political parties and have held the presidency, and still claim that they do.

What we have is a bubble of “Amerika” online that’s turning up on the streets once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

astrofool wrote: »
    It seems to have been a bunch of people with mental illnesses, I don't think categorising them as far left or far right would describe it accurately as it's likely to be a mix of mythologies.

Anyone who was there from a political party should be turfed out of that party as soon as possible.
    Yeah I’m inclined to agree, they are just morons making noise and I doubt too many have strong beliefs or understanding of political ideals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What makes this group right wing and not just scumbag morons?

I don't they are making decisions to attend based on fiscal policy.

Well unless trump is authoring this stuff, it’s hard to blame him. The US is exporting crazy ideologies these days though.

It’s interesting where this comes from. Q or QAnon are implicated in the capitol riots as well. Are we any closer to finding out where Q is or who he is?

it's a hodge-podge of David Icke (reptilians), Qanon and Pizzagate with an Irish slant on it.

too many cheap cans coupled with facebook groups + telegram etc

"socia media" ends up being a looney rabbit-hole for these sorts of half-wits and gobshytes like the National Party provide a black-hole gravity point for them in Ireland.

So much for the Looney Left.

I can't see how anti-fa, whatever of it even exists in Ireland, would've had much to do with yesterday. At the protest there were no BLM tshirts, LGBTIAQ2++ flags, Palestinian flags or such that would suggest anti-fa. From the videos I've seen it looked like a rag-tag bunch of eejits out to cause a bit of trouble, and will use whatever 'cause' they can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

Organisation . This is what has been bothering me. A poster above wondered where they are organizing - it ain't here or Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Epic!
    Now I also want a "Save our children from the reptilians" t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

We have probably all seen the disgusting conduct of the use of an explosive toward gardai. Thankfully no garda were hurt in that incident but there were reports of some being hit with projectiles in the shameful violence.

Well-organised right-wing group 'willing to use violence' behind Dublin city centre protest

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/well-organised-right-wing-group-23577819

An explosive?

Youd swear they were lobbing molotov cocktails and grenades.

Minister for justice just said it was "an illegal protest " .

No such thing. Nor does she get to decide.

No mention of illegal blm protests

trellheim wrote: »
    Organisation . This is what has been bothering me. A poster above wondered where they are organizing - it ain't here or Reddit

But sure boards.ie is the home of the far right in Ireland according to some.

Telegram etc

I think both far right and far left need their own classification as "crazy wing".

These people yesterday have very little in common with centre right people (and same with the left btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Why do people give labels that suggest any level of coherence to what these individuals do? They'd show up at a bingo session if there was a chance to make noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Yeah that dude in the tracksuit definitely looked far right...

I0t0I.gif

An explosive?

Youd swear they were lobbing molotov cocktails and grenades.

Minister for justice just said it was "an illegal protest " .

No such thing. Nor does she get to decide.

No mention of illegal blm protests

Fireworks are explosives

They are banned in this country under the Explosives act.
    If one came in through your front window I bet you would call it an explosive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I don't they are making decisions to attend based on fiscal policy.

The Irish 'far' right is like most - it's based on race, nationality, religion (insert name here) and paranoia created by insecurity and worry. They are not interested in Adams v Keynes

We’re not quite in “Amerika” as none of their candidates seem to poll even high enough to even get anywhere near a seat in an electoral system with fully open proportional and almost no barrier to getting on a ticket.

“Amerika” is where conspiracy theorists are currently dominating one of their two largest political parties and has held the presidency, and still claim that they do.

What we have is a bubble of “Amerika” online that’s turning up on the streets once in a while.

America is full of conspiracy theories. The obvious Q. The Russians controlling the last president, the Chinese controlling the present one, the “China virus”. 5G in general. Chinese controlled 5G ie Huwaeii.
    White supremacism is the conspiracy theory that the world is dominated by Serbians, Hungarians, Albanians and others.

I don’t think English speaking nations will ever get out of the control of American thought. The rest of Europe is rejecting it though. France particularly.

Well it's not too secret, the gardai knew it was happening

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They are both organised. It's not like the Antifa crowd just materialises out of nowhere.
    They hear a demo will happen and they arrange to meet and counter-demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

They usually draw people in through Facebook and other popular social media and then the real conspiracy theories get circulated out of sight, away from criticism or challenge on instant messengers like WhatsApp and Telegram groups/channels.

You’re unlikely to see any of this stuff unless you actually join.

You’ll get people turning up at protests thinking they’re going to a protest about something that sounds perfectly feasible and reasonable, which is very simple to achieve, especially in the current climate as you’ll have people who don’t agree with COVID policies or who are just frustrated and not very analytical.

Then the protest turns out to be a collection of conspiracy theorists and a small number of dangerous groups and the large turnout who think they’re their for a more protest about something that to them seemed reasonable end up being used to legitimise the small bunch of extremists who organised it.

That’s also exactly what happens with the Gilets Jaunes in France, just on a much bigger scale. You’ll have various mild mannered people out having been infuriated by online stuff about smart meters, mobile phone masts, some economic issue they aren’t quite sure about, some local planning issue (eg Nantes Airport), fuel prices / carbon tax, anti vaxxers, anti (insert topic) ers and that then gets a hardcore of various violent groups and political extremists causing absolute mayhem and using the large crowd of those who are easily confused by social media and aren’t very analytical to be used to bulk up the protest ans make give it an air of popular legitimacy that it probably doesn’t have.

The Irish 'far' right is like most - it's based on race, nationality, religion (insert name here) and paranoia created by insecurity and worry. They are not interested in Adams v Keynes

Absolutely, crazy people...

I hadnt believed to reptile stuff had made it here, crazy to read

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

bubblypop wrote: »
    Fireworks are explosives

They are banned in this country under the Explosives act.
    If one came in through your front window I bet you would call it an explosive

I'd prefer a bottle rocket to a molotov cocktail.

Explosive? Come out of the fog

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement