Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right wing extremist group behind Dublin Protest say Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,465 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

biko wrote: »
    Epic!
    Now I also want a "Save our children from the reptilians" t-shirt.

Said biko, unironically.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

bubblypop wrote: »
    If one came in through your front window I bet you would call it an explosive
    But that didn't happen.

The article OP mentioned said fireworks, but OP chose to call it an explosive knowing full well it would trigger other associations in this ex-IRA-ridden country than a firework.

They are both organised. It's not like the Antifa crowd just materialises out of nowhere.
    They hear a demo will happen and they arrange to meet and counter-demo.

It may be a definitional thing but I don’t see a few posts on telegram as organisational. A union protest with leaders and printed out signs - that’s organisation.

Funny enough, being leaderless this protest was anarchist.

I'd prefer a bottle rocket to a molotov cocktail.

Explosive? Come out of the fog

That's the law.

But that didn't happen.

The article OP mentioned said fireworks, but OP chose to call it an explosive knowing full well it would trigger other associations in this ex-IRA-ridden country than a firework.

Fireworks explode dude. I have no hesitation about calling that guy a criminal, or terrorist.

• Advertisement

But that didn't happen.

It is an explosive. So to call it so is correct

And we are not completely exIRA, unfortunately

Is that the second anti lockdown protest that has been labelled far right and got the batton?..

Should make people think twice before objecting to it again..

On yer one with the reptilian t shirt.. I'm more offended by her there/their mistake than her belief in the reptilians..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Epic!
    Now I also want a "Save our children from the reptilians" t-shirt.

Same here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It may be a definitional thing but I don’t see a few posts on telegram as organisational.
    Maybe that all it took for the original demo? A few posts on Telegram.
    I suppose we'll find out in time how theses demo come to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

What happened yesterday was essentially a congregation of the terminally stupid ratlickers along with the various scrotes, scumbags and other feral fúckers looking to have their "day out". They're the same ones who fecking go around terrorising others. Most of these are the same fúckers who trash their own estates and quite a few likely never worked a day in their lives. They care nothing for others only themselves.

They really need to go after the likes of O'Doherty aka Karen O'Cúntrag and those other Turbocúnts who've been spreading this absolute delusional bullshít and organising this shíte. Delusional fúckers are completely gone off the deep end into Full Retard Terrirory and need a fecking few slaps over the back of the head and fairly long jail sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Acosta

No mention of illegal blm protests

I didn't agree with those protests in Ireland at the time either. But in fairness there was around 40 cases a day nationally at the time. There was over 700 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Wasnt it called 'Unite the Tribes' and organised by RiseUp Eireann from what i can gather?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1333773416976016/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

bubblypop wrote: »
    That's the law.

The law is an ass.

The garda had riot helmets on. No danger.

Iv no interest in the hyperbole

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Acosta wrote: »
    I didn't agree with those protests in Ireland at the time either. But in fairness there was around 40 cases a day nationally at the time. There was over 700 yesterday.

I dont think that makes odds, people too ready to not condemn protests they agreed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

It may be a definitional thing but I don’t see a few posts on telegram as organisational. A union protest with leaders and printed out signs - that’s organisation.

Funny enough, being leaderless this protest was anarchist.

got an anti vax leaflet posted in to my house here in Kerry last night from anti corruption Ireland with a with a Padre Pio leaflet attach (natch!) so I'd say there is some organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

The Gardai mostly didn’t have have any protection at all from what I saw on the video. Several of them were only wearing bike helmets which was because they had been on bikes.

The line who actually faced the crowd had basically baseball hats and a mask to prevent covid.

They’re a very, very, very, very far cry from an American robo cop type approach or the continental riot police squads for that matter either.

Other than the fireworks launchers and a bit of shouting abuse, that was a fairly minor rabble by European standards but, the fireworks guy absolutely used that as a weapon. It wasn’t just some creating noise or whatever, he aimed it straight at Gardai. You could call it an improvised gun of some sort. It’s hard to see how anyone could argue that it wasn’t intended to injure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

From the photos I saw at top of Grafton st it looked like a bunch of city centre druggy looking scum who were causing the trouble.
    I'd say all the NGO's got onto Drew to change his statement. Little man bun Mark (SoundMigration) Malone probably had a word in his ear! Pisses me off my taxes fund the likes of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The law is an ass.

The garda had riot helmets on. No danger.

Iv no interest in the hyperbole

They did in their hairy holes have riot helmets on. Most had baseball caps some had normal Garda caps and a few had bicycle helmets on

Again it's a firework not a molotov cocktail.

Their clothes and body going on fire? Lol. It didn't happen nor is it probable.
    Remember I said about the hyperbole.

There were fireworks and rocks thrown at Gardai in blanchardstown too recently.

There were no helmets.
    Yes, fireworks cause fires. Yes clothes go on fire.
    There were no fireworks thrown at gardai in blanchardstown

Enough of your own hyperbole

As per usual, Law & Order types don't like it when Law & Order is applied to them.

Predictable and sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Acosta wrote: »

And with the post Nchenko protests?

Either its illegal or not.

Impossible job for the guards these days, in a total lose lose situation. Awful to see some covering their faces in case of trial by social media.

I dont think that makes odds, people too ready to not condemn protests they agreed with.

I can remember plenty of people including some in the media and politics giving out about the BLM protest. There has been a lot more far right and anti lockdown protests organised during the pandemic. Including one on the same day of the Dublin BLM protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Its hilarious to read this thread at the same time as the Drew Harris with posters getting very excited to see Republicans or Right wingers blamed for it. Hopefully most us don't care which scumbags are responsible as long as some of them are put away and the rest can't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Again it's a firework not a molotov cocktail.

Their clothes and body going on fire? Lol. It didn't happen nor is it probable.
    Remember I said about the hyperbole.

There were fireworks and rocks thrown at Gardai in blanchardstown too recently.

They were the 'right' kind of fireworks and rocks. The identity of their throwers obviously absolved them from any injurious effects on the Gardai or of further consequences from their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Or instantly jumping on it to condemn a group they don’t agree with despite no proof of involvement. Political point scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

quintana76 wrote: »
    They were the 'right' kind of fireworks and rocks. The identity of their throwers obviously absolved them from any injurious effects on the Gardai or of further consequences from their actions.

We are all wise to the double standards by now. Some dont admit it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Something needs to be done about the hard left in this country. Hope they are locked up after yesterday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I've read recently the book "Extremism: The Mit Press Essential Knowledge by J. M. Berger". In summary, Extremist: anyone who disagrees with the current establishment and challenges them who are not part of the loyal opposition. Using such charged and politically fluid terms the Garda hierarchy are showing themselves to be less than adroit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What makes this group right wing and not just scumbag morons?

I don't they are making decisions to attend based on fiscal policy.
    The organisation behind it are neo-Nazis.

• Advertisement

And with the post Nchenko protests?

Either its illegal or not.

Impossible job for the guards these days, in a total lose lose situation. Awful to see some covering their faces in case of trial by social media.

As I said previously there has been many more far right protests organised during these restrictions than anything related to BLM. And I don't think any of them were arrested for breaking restrictions either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement