Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Between Munster and Connacht, who is more likely to win a trophy next?

i'd say both have similar chances..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

bayern wrote: »
    how many players above 30 have won a trophy?

Give it a few weeks ;)

aloooof wrote: »
    Give it a few weeks ;)

we've heard that one before. :)

we've heard that one before. :)

It's the hope that kills ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

how many players above 30 have won a trophy?

Aw ref...that was definitely a low blow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

The A game is on Youtube tomorrow at 12

https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1367794165229223936

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

So we learn who we'll be playing in the H/Cup on Tuesday next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Looking at the contracts announced yesterday again.

Jake Flannery skipping Year 3 of the academy to join the senior squad + Healy's promotion and lets assume JJ extends for 1 year. That would mean Munster have 4 Senior Out halves + 1 promising academy talent on the books with realistically only 1 of those looking at Ireland call Ups next season. I know Healy and Flannery, particularly Flannery would be relative novices at senior 10 but it looks a bit bloated.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see JJ not extend if he could get a 2 Year contract elsewhere and I think the Flannery move could be partly a mitigation of the chance of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

How many Munster players under the age of 30 have won a club trophy? Apart from the Leinster exiles of course.

This year is our year!! The same for the Blues in Super Rugby.

Hey last year that phrase (thankfully) finally came true for Liverpool. Hopefully it won't take 30 years for Munster or the Blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭irelandrover

i'd say both have similar chances..

That is only true if you give Munster a 0% chance in the Pro14 final against Leinster/Ulster.

And i don't think you'd give any team a 0% chance in a one off match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'd actually have Munster as favourites as it stands. Leinster are favourites to top Conference A. Munster basically have topped Conferemce B. With the final a week after Super Saturday it will be a final played without the internationals. Given how badly hit Leinster have been by the 6Ns plus all the injuries we have now too, Munster have to be favourites to win any final between the 2 sides?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'd actually have Munster as favourites as it stands. Leinster are favourites to top Conference A. Munster basically have topped Conferemce B. With the final a week after Super Saturday it will be a final played without the internationals. Given how badly hit Leinster have been by the 6Ns plus all the injuries we have now too, Munster have to be favourites to win any final between the 2 sides?

That'll be a farce if true. They can have the following week off.

ah yeah i'd agree.. munster minus the intls should be able to defeat leinster minus their intls.

would be a fitting end to this pro 14 season.

I dunno molloy, the bookies currently have Leinster as 1/3 favourites to win it outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭irelandrover

ah yeah i'd agree.. munster minus the intls should be able to defeat leinster minus their intls.

would be a fitting end to this pro 14 season.

So it highly likely Munster are in a final this year, you have them as favourites for that final, but you still rate Munster and Connacht as having the same chances to win a trophy next?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I dunno molloy, the bookies currently have Leinster as 1/3 favourites to win it outright.

A lot hinges on getting internationals back into the squad, or some of our injured players returning, we've one fit senior out half at the moment available and a centre/fullback covering backup 10, and forced into a 6-2 split on the bench because we've no fit available backs with the likes of Jamie Osborne from the sub academy on the bench.

I think Munster could have a decent chance at winning if the squad numbers continue how they are and there's a fair few internationals rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What's cute hoorism in Leinsterese?
    Podge_irl wrote: »

The regular season has been pretty farcical so it might be an appropriate final! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

The Champions Cup round of 16 is the following W/E

It is true. It was announced a while back. I tend to be slow to criticise the league but it is an absolute joke. The final regular game is the same weekend as Super Saturday. So teams fighting it out for spots in Europe will be doing so without their internationals. And then the final is on the week after, with guaranteed 2 Irish teams, meaning player welfare will rob both of their internationals. They could and should really have pushed it all out by a week.

yerrahbah wrote: »

Ah forgot about that. What a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Looking at the contracts announced yesterday again.

Jake Flannery skipping Year 3 of the academy to join the senior squad + Healy's promotion and lets assume JJ extends for 1 year. That would mean Munster have 4 Senior Out halves + 1 promising academy talent on the books with realistically only 1 of those looking at Ireland call Ups next season. I know Healy and Flannery, particularly Flannery would be relative novices at senior 10 but it looks a bit bloated.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see JJ not extend if he could get a 2 Year contract elsewhere and I think the Flannery move could be partly a mitigation of the chance of that happening.

There's fast becoming a case for sending carbery back to Leinster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

yerrahbah wrote: »

Then no weekend off...

I would be hopeful some players at least will be released but if we see two teams compete in a final shorn of any internationals it will be ridiculous.

There's fast becoming a case for sending carbery back to Leinster.

Why would Leinster need Carbery with the second coming of the Messiah ripping it up in the Pro14?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Interesting survey from Munster re next season. Looks like they're contemplating reintroducing season tickets with a refund for cancelled games/games you don't get a lottery place for

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Why would Leinster need Carbery with the second coming of the Messiah ripping it up in the Pro14?

Jack Crowley plays pro 14 rugby since when?

Would Jack Crowley get especially more time if he moved to Leinster?

Would Jack Crowley get especially more time if he moved to Leinster?

young players play more often at leinster than they do at munster.

young players play more often at leinster than they do at munster.

By dint of having more internationals. Whatever way you look at it, there's a backlog at 10 at Leinster as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Advertisement

Bayern are you insinuating that Jack Crowley is a better rugby player than Harry Byrne :eek: this is quite a moment for you

Advertisement