Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

Grrrrr work. I want to be out in the forest with my bow. Mates got me a super sexy bow about a month ago and any spare moment I get I am out shooting with it. Just hit me this morning I have not even been on websites like this one for a month.

With half my usual past times gone for lock down - it has kept me sane. Bring on the end of work whistle so I can head out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I can just about make out my house, not sure if the mutt is wagging his tail.

534330.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

smurfjed wrote: »
    I can just about make out my house, not sure if the mutt is wagging his tail.

534330.jpeg

Is that what you call your wife these days? :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is that what you call your wife these days? :D

Smurf’s wife is the Mutts staff ;):D

Afternoon all :) Feeling much better today :)

Couchside watching the news

I get to see the wife frequently with VOIP, the mutt doesn’t like chatting to a computer.

It’s Friday, so I can share some car photos with you.

534338.jpeg

534339.jpeg

534340.jpeg

534341.jpeg

534342.jpeg

And for the more modern muscle car lovers.

534343.jpeg

534344.jpeg

534345.jpeg

534346.jpeg

534347.jpeg

Just had to show the bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Looking at the last photo in the previous set, prompts me to ask how the heat and dryness affect the bodywork of the cars? Marvellous pictures.

Smurf you made my day with those photos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Counting down the minyuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just in from a stroll with Grumpy. First he's had in a long time due to the awful weather and it's tired him out. I'll replenish him with a cupán tae and hope he has a bit if a snoozle in the armchair so I can drop my guard for half an hour.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Just in from a stroll with Grumpy. First he's had in a long time due to the awful weather and it's tired him out. I'll replenish him with a cupán tae and hope he has a bit if a snoozle in the armchair so I can drop my guard for half an hour.

Well, so much for him dozing off. He swallowed the tea in 10 seconds flat and was back out of the chair like a greyhound out the trap. He's off foostering about now doing God knows what all agitated. Sigh.

No, spoke too soon. He's back in the chair now ogling Rachel Riley on Countdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

No, spoke too soon. He's back in the chair now ogling Rachel Riley on Countdown.

The man has taste.

Deskside. Clock watching waiting for the end.

The man has taste.

Deskside. Clock watching waiting for the end.

Really? I'm all about Judy, clever, sexy AND classy with a hint of mystery thrown in. If you want to know what I'm like in real life, think fat Judy Dent. Ya get me?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Really? I'm all about Judy, clever, sexy AND classy with a hint of mystery thrown in. If you want to know what I'm like in real life, think fat Judy Dent. Ya get me?

Am unhappily deskside and I pure snorted at that description :p

Bugatti is having a sales demonstration in this hotel tomorrow for these two beauties.

534377.jpeg

534378.jpeg

Anyone can order them, $4 million and $3 million for the cheap one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I love the beetle and the bugattis think I'll have both.. :rolleyes:

Holy guacamole! Steal me one of them Smurf!

They're fab Smurf.
    I would be shaking so hard if I had to park one. Kerbing one of dem babies be costly :pac:

I think I lack the Gene for being impressed by cars like that. Give me an old Leyland Princess though and I would spend countless hours hand restoring it to relive my childhood memories of the car.

Can never find one to buy though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Super photos Smurf :)

Just the perfect christmas 'gifting season' stocking filler for great grandnephews of sheiks ....

@ tAHc : Austin Westminsters still made in India ?

• Advertisement

Kitchen side, dishwasher loading, pot washing and tidying around

Sitting beside a heater relieved I brought tea and soup!. Did I hear correctly about normal pubs?.

Sent a picture of them to my usual flying partner, he came rushing down to see them, in the subsequent conversation he told me that he had shipped his car over to this city a few days ago, but he doesn’t want to drive it, the reason, well its a Ferrari and he doesn’t trust the drivers in this city.

Sure enough he has a Ferrari parked in the hotel underground car park :):)

The two Bugattis were just sitting outside the hotel with zero security, just me and this guy sitting there. Gotta love the innocence of this place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That Bugatti is like something I'd dream about. Imagine cruising around in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Beautiful cars. I would be afraid to drive them though. It would be a shame to even get water droplets on them, never mind the mud our side roads seem to produce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sitting beside a heater relieved I brought tea and soup!. Did I hear correctly about normal pubs?.

Think it's serving food again, those ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

All is calm. All is bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

All is cold. All is sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I feel like getting smashed tonite.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

I might join you, of you don't mind misery for company.

• Advertisement

Can I be silent, undrinking person?.

Good plan. I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

All the families getting prepared earlier for the Toy Show , kids excited to stay up late to watch it ...... unless they're with Vodafone , which went out three hours ago in a lot of areas .

Should have posted that in the TA thread :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    All the families getting prepared earlier for the Toy Show , kids excited to stay up late to watch it ...... unless they're with Vodafone , which went out three hours ago in a lot of areas .

Was wondering why my data isnt working on the phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Vodafone area here. A cluster ****. No TV. No broadband. What a night for it to happen. Finished decorating today. Got the goodies in for the Toy Show. 2020. Some poxy year.

It's ridiculous tbh isn't it?
    Grandeeod , the one night you'd be looking forward to switching on Rte1 , so many unhappy households tonight .

On the thread in Broadband , it seems it's slowly coming back in some areas .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's ridiculous tbh isn't it?
    Grandeeod , the one night you'd be looking forward to switching on Rte1 , so many unhappy households tonight .

On the thread in Broadband , it seems it's slowly coming back in some areas .

I just got broadband back but no TV.:rolleyes:

Grandeeod wrote: »

Oh lord , hopefully tv comes back soon G .
    Still nothing here :)

Broadband back here aswell thank god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Grandeeod wrote: »
    can you watch it on rte player
    couchside watching said toyshow:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I might join you, of you don't mind misery for company.
    Can I be silent, undrinking person?.

I'll be the one being judgemental & tutting disapprovingly in the corner.

Autosport wrote: »
    Broadband back here aswell thank god

Just back for me here too, was nearly getting cold sweats here.

Broadband back here now too , woohoo!

Imagine if all the mods had no broadband and couldn't access Boards?

I bet Duvet and Buile would wreck the gaff.

Nah,you'd be the first culprit!

Nah,you'd be the first culprit!

Pffffttttttt! As if. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside

Thank god it's Friday :D

I had such a busy week, am wrecked now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the sunroom, finally getting to listen to some tunes after Vodafone's blackout for the evening. Muppets.
    Really wasn't a good day. It started to go wrong around 7.30am when I was minutes away from work and in a 120km zone when a van in front of me decided to literally stick his brake peddle to the ground in a seriously dangerous way, he went from around 125 to 80 in a few seconds, van swerved and everything. So I had to quickly move into the overtaking lane, sped up to do it coz car to the right was moving up fast-ish and thinking WTF are you doing.
    Then after speeding up to overtake and moving back in to the left land I realised he had done it for a speed camera. So now thanks to him being a melodramatic idiot and me having to overtake I'm quite sure I have penalty points, I mean by all means tip the brakes but don't try to literally stop in the middle of a motorway, jackass.
    Speeding ticket should arrive in a months time, would be fun if it lands on Christmas day. I wonder do they add little Santy faces to be festive?

Then into work and I'll change names here coz ya know, to be safe, so in work we share a premises with another company and the boss of their crowd (Margaret) is lovely but she wouldn't be tolerant of messing as most bosses wouldn't I guess. So there's this lady there lets call her Niamh and meself and Niamh are always just acting the maggot, doing stupid childish crap to annoy each other but it makes the day go faster with the few giggles and bit of harmless banter. So this morning, by the way she always eats healthy and everyone from their company takes tea break at the same time. So 10am she heads off to the toilet and leaves her phone on the bench and a peeled satsuma fairly close by. By now all other staff are up in canteen getting coffee/tea.
    So I got a tape-gun and sellotaped her satsuma to her phone. Did a good few rounds with the tape gun, a fine thorough job.
    Childish, yes, but sorta typical of stupid crap we occasionally do.
    Anyway... Niamh comes back and sits at the bench and I can see shes smiling. So after a while I said "are you not eating today?".
    And she gleefully replies, "not yet but Margaret will be down in a minute wondering why someone has sellotaped her orange to someones mobile".
    I never ripped layers of sellotape off something so fast. I'm not sure what happened after. I left the sticky orange behind and legged it.

And then to top it all off my Elvery's weight lifting equipment has been delayed. Now to give a brief background, I'm average height but always was sorta skinny growing up. So a few months ago I got these dumbbells for improving biceps and I've stuck with it every day and now have fairly decent biceps, nothing amazing but no longer puny arms. So that was enough for me really, I'm not into the muscular look. But one night after a skinful of craft beers I started the series on Netflix called "Kingdom" which is a great show by the way but involves a lot of guys training to be cage-fighters and I recall at one point thinking yeah Grrr I can build muscles. And when I awoke the next morning I checked my email to see I had lodged 600 euros worth of weight lifting equipment. Grrr indeed.
    So I rang them and asked about cancellation and she asked why did I want to cancel and I wasn't sure how to explain about Kingdom on Netflix so I said ah sure screw it, and let the order stand.
    So over time I've become excited about it. It didn't land today but some day soon I'll have my own mini gym with bench press, power tower, some weird yolks where ya hook it over the bar and then pull on the ropes to lift the weights up and stuff.
    Don't have a clue how to use any of it or where in county laois will sell me protein shakes and steroids but sure we'll see how we go.... Grrrr!!!!!!

Whaaaaa??

Ah feck it, you're right. I'd love that. We'd have some craic!!

My phone & broadband are with different providers, so I will always be able to keep my beady eye on you.

Whaaaaa??

Ah feck it, you're right. I'd love that. We'd have some craic!!

No more Toy Show for you!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement