Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Americans

Options
1235»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

omg, i remember this thread when it was first out. Back in the days when it was shocking to be anti-Bush :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

It is true that America on a whole is not as respected as thy once were but one cannot say that ALL Americans are like that in the same way that not ALL Irish are alcoholics and all Northern - Irish are MILITANTS - at the end of the day we are all individuals and are obviously shaped by what we´ve been tought.

Pointing at someone and say: "I don´t like you AMERICANS" is RACISM!!

It starts in your head and one day you might even go and kill someone for being born in a country other than your own.

Welcome to the stoneage.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ed D.

The OP's logic is breathtaking. I read in the paper the other day about a Latvian who killed his wife and I thought, "Those ****ing Latvians. Goddamn cowardly, brutish maniacs!" Uh, no, I didn't. But if I had an assinine agenda, no friends and an undersized manhood I might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

This undead thread seems to need a good stake through the heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

not a fan, they take their place of birth way toooo seriously. like patriotism is good, but not the way they go on about it. its very smug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,857 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wow. 2002 Was this the kind of thread that happened before I starting getting uppity about the racism?

Anyway just for posterity:
    bubbles wrote: »
    I first thought that it could have been a tourist, being outside the whitehouse etc but with grocery bags on the buggie and the state of the buggie didn't look too "touristy" to me, kinda like a local doing a bit of shopping.

I'm sure it will be repeated on sky again, I'll keep an eye out for it if its soon.
    Are you SURE they were Grocery Bags. Are you Sure they werent full of T-Shirts and other Touristy Memorabilia? Unless the bags said Publix or Food-Lion on them, Im not convinced.

Another Thing: Prams. It really defies instinct doesn't it? Lets talk about Humanities for a second. Its natural for a mother to nurse their child by holding on to them - you know the way. Theres nothing natural about carting them around in a pram, I'm sorry. When that fight/flight instinct kicks in im sure you might just let go of the pram handles too, being just bits of plastic. No doubt if your kid was being held against your chest theres to be no chance of you dropping it like dead weight in a situation like that.

And oh yeah: The Irish probably make up about 30% of the White-American Gene Pool. Smoke on that.

:rolleyes:

yeah this can probably be locked 6 years later. Surprised it survived the bump of 2006.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Overheal wrote: »
    Wow. 2002 Was this the kind of thread that happened before I starting getting uppity about the racism?
    No, it was the kind of thread that happened when Bubbles was around!

Look him up on the Biki, for God's sake ... you've been around Boards this long and never heard of him?!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,857 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No, it was the kind of thread that happened when Bubbles was around!

Look him up on the Biki, for God's sake ... you've been around Boards this long and never heard of him?!
    That explained a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement