Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Americans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Okay Zero obviously you need to be led by the hand.

1)Fundamentalist terrorists attack the WTC and the pentagon and down another plane. Thousands dead and the US enraged.

2)The US attacks Afghanistan roughly a month later. The connection according to your link- Oil.

Pardon me while I truly soak up the political insight shown. Bush didnt really want to attack Afghanistan- why should he risk american bodybags, the americans would stop with their petty calls for justice soon enough. But then the oil companies came calling. ROFLMAO.

Deary, deary me. The oil conspiracies have been about since the Gulf war (The last time they were realistic). You do expect even 14 year olds to have got some practice at it by now. Tell me though, Why did the US go into the Balkans (several times) when they didnt have much in the way of oil?

That link I provided is funny though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Sand
    1)Fundamentalist terrorists attack the WTC and the pentagon and down another plane. Thousands dead and the US enraged. 2)The US attacks Afghanistan roughly a month later.
    By you logic "German economy in severe depression in late 1920s and early 1930s. Germans confiscate Jew property." would be acceptable.
    Tell me though, Why did the US go into the Balkans (several times) when they didnt have much in the way of oil?
    Because the Republicans weren't in power?

By you logic "German economy in severe depression in late 1920s and early 1930s. Germans confiscate Jew property." would be acceptable.
    So you hold the jews as responsible for the economic depression in Germany 1920s -30s as the fundamentalists were for the WTC attacks? Or were you in such a rush to disagree with me you did not think through what you were saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Okay Zero obviously you need to be led by the hand.

1)Fundamentalist terrorists attack the WTC and the pentagon and down another plane. Thousands dead and the US enraged.

Or how about "IRA bomb building in London, England launch bombing campaign on Dublin."

You must look at it from an american's perspective. They have been proudly reciting the pledge of allegience at school each morning, followed by a verse of "You're a grand old flag" or "America, America". How dare you say that their beloved country has faults? The american media is so selective that the average Riki Lake fan couldn't possibly believe that their beloved country is not infallible.

A very convincing "USA is evil" thread could be created Sand, try and belive that, the only problem reason none of us would do it is because of all the research that would be needed to convince clueless, irresponsible baby-abandoners like yourself who respond to all arguments with a sarcastic "ROFLMAO".

Youre probably right my good man. Indeed a USA is evil thread could be started and kept well stocked up. Of course we could lay stake to one ourselves - The gun running to the provos and the sly support for them, the poor children sent to demonic child abusers with government approval, the hepatitis C scandal, the selective history we indulge in. We could do one for the UK as well (Weve got enough stories, sure other es british possessions have a yarn or two - and thats even before we look at recent news) , France (Algeria? ), Germany (Oh where would we start eh), Spain, Italy, Eastern Europe and the Soviets, Africa, South America, blah blah blah- you get my point? The US did immoral stuff. Fine. The fixiation on them and *their* wrong doings is a tad repetitive and predictable- hence the need for a "USA is Evil" board so we can gather it all together.

• Advertisement

you forgot "they abandon their prams and leave their babies at the mercy of a gunman"

Or how about "IRA bomb building in London, England launch bombing campaign on Dublin."

Thats an old one. Where does most of the IRA come from, their ASUs and all that? Northern Ireland. And NI is part of the UK. And Dublin is connected to a primarily British based terrorist group how?

Also Dublin tends to provide a lot more co operation to London. The Gardai for example are as yet the only ones to achieve a conviction in relation to the Omagh bombing. All the IRA depots they discover and destroy?

A lot of people have tried your line, trying to get an unreasoned emotive reponse. It doesnt hold a lot of water.

Thats an old one. Where does most of the IRA come from, their ASUs and all that?
    I'm sure their Asus came from overclockers.co.uk, where most ppl get theirs. On the other hand, it could have come from Dabs.co.uk or possibly even Insight.

Northern Ireland. And NI is part of the UK. And Dublin is connected to a primarily British based terrorist group how?
    IRA is not british.

trying to get an unreasoned emotive reponse.
    hardly... the nature of this thread is not to get an unreasoned emotive response.. i'll let you think about that.

Call again Illkillya. Bring more than rants next time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Ri-ra

Indeed a USA is evil thread could be started and kept well stocked up.

Why not just cut out the middle man and have a "Sand is always right, and must not be questioned (ever) unless you want to get into a pointless and futile pissing match about who has the biggest 'balls' and the most guns" thread?

What are you over-compensating for?

• Advertisement

Being on a primarily left leaning board?

I think it's all rather balanced actually, sir.

You think about my todger? ROFLMAO:)
    Cmon Ri-Ra keep them left wing debating tactics coming:p - If you cant take the ball take the man as the South Americans play the game:)

You think about my todger? ROFLMAO:)
    Cmon Ri-Ra keep them left wing debating tactics coming:p - If you cant take the ball take the man as the South Americans play the game:)

Whatever do you mean? :D:D:D:D

Well Ive got myself a new signiature:)

But seriously Sand, why the fixation with having balls and big guns?

Uhm, you said "who has the biggest balls" and big guns. Ive used "balls" the odd time in relation to political will and lack of it - common parlance if you ventured beyond the Arts block of your local college. Big guns though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Snared all the newbs again?

/me remembers the knackers incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/TAL111A.html

Have a read of that, remember to put your fingers under the words so you dont get lost. No conspiracy sh1te, just plain facts which show to even the simplest of minds (i.e. yours) whats really behind the Afghanistan bombardment by America.
    It is mind-boggling to me that any rational human being can read that childish, piss-poor, loony-lefty, badly written, patently intellectually dishonest, biased article and reach the conclusion: "No conspiracy sh1te, just plain facts which show to even the simplest of minds (i.e. yours) whats really behind the Afghanistan bombardment by America."

Someone please point out to me where in that article there is evidence (as opposed to conjecture) that the US attacked Afghanistan for the purposes of controlling oil supplies in the region. Because I couldn't find it.

Whatever do you mean?

ROFLMAO. Good show Ri Ra, good show:) Question is did you change it in time:p

• Advertisement

Whatever do you mean?:D :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

Consider for a minute that it was an act of great heroism on the part of the Baby! Being young and impulsive this brave child patriot thought not for its own safety, when it made a lunge for the gun-weilding madman (most likely a sleeper agent/weak willed pawn of some arms manufacturer bent on proving the effectivness of his product). 'Curse these stuppy legs and lack of co-ordination'!, the child may have babbled as it rolled by. I salute you hero baby where ever you are.

ROFLMAO:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Originally posted by bubbles
    Actually, now that I think about it... there wasn't a kid in the buggie.

My bad.

Heh,what kind of maniac leaves an unoccupied buggy lying around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

This thread is just too funny...what started out as a blatant troll got even more and more and more and more obviously trollish...yet people still got sucked in...classic.

Racist? Certainly...meant seriously? No. Some of the funniest jokes ever told have racial undertones...the Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman joke-line springs to mind. Guess who the g1mp in those jokes always is, hmm? Do we see armies of anti-racist protestors doing a boards.ie sit-in on the humor board every time one of those is told? Go figure.

Just for the record though...irrational behavior when confronted with a threatening situation isn't something new...or limited to Americans(wow, now there's a thought...). Those who've posted to fuel this troll obviously know this, I'm just stating it clearly so I don't get flamed for being cynical :P

Another point- Sand asked why we went into the Balkans since there was no oil there. Well, there are a number of reasons:

1) The whole 'we went for the oil' bullsh1t has been bandied about ever since the Gulf War. Sure, that was primarily to do with oil (who can blame us since the 70's supply shocks of which we were the main target), but in perfect utter honesty...that's not the primary motivation behind US intervention in a theater of conflict. What is then? One word: investment. Even the fabled and rose-tinted Marshall plan was only partly about humanitarian aid. It's main motivation (as stated in Resolution #337) was to helpl rebuild western Europe into a market for American goods. And whaddaya know...western Europe is the largest single export market for our merchandise today...funny innit? The opportunity presented by going to the Balkans and cleaning up the mess, prior to well...cleaning up :P

2) Historical reasons: Serbia has, for over a hundred years, been allied with Russia, and historically is both distrustful and hateful of the west. Politically and diplomatically speaking, we had every reason to first keep the peace in the Balkans, then humble Serbia and snag Milosevic himself, thereby sweeping away the last remnants of a Russian-allied Serbia. Depriving Russia of its best positioned (geopolitically) ally, was more than a worthy goal to the Republican-dominated Senate Foreign Relations committee, chaired by a certain Jesse Helms (remember him? :P)

3) Because we can. Yes, it's flagrantly violating international law, morally deplorable on some levels, etc, etc, blah blah. But if the writing's on the wall, you need to be able to do something about it. It may not always be the right thing, but even inadequate and immoral action is better than no action at all (think of appeasement/WWII).

Sand & pepperkin...while I greatly appreciate you both trying to fight the troll and defend the land of my birth(our birth in pepper's case)...there's no point. As Wudan Grandmaster Hightani Troll-lord Fafitch0r Bubbles himself once said: "Fighting troll only makes it stronger Occy-san...you must surrendur to the troll and let it pass over you so only you remain. Be strong in the ways of the wise *bow* "

Occy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Originally posted by Biffa Bacon
    Someone please point out to me where in that article there is evidence (as opposed to conjecture) that the US attacked Afghanistan for the purposes of controlling oil supplies in the region. Because I couldn't find it.
    An article in biased childish loony left rag the Irish Times seems hell bent on propagating the outrageous lie that the taliban were booted out to create a favourable climate for investment and a bloody big oil pipeline.

Musharraf, Karzai agree major oil pipeline in co-operation pact.

Please Von, that presents absolutely no proof or even conjecture that the US attacked Afghanistan for oil. What it does say is that the pipeline is in the interestests of Afghanistan and Pakistan (True) and that the afghani government is looking for money to pay its employees (Wonder where the pipeline comes into to that?).

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

bubbles wrote:
    Actually, now that I think about it... there wasn't a kid in the buggie.

My bad.
    In its context I think this is one of the funniest things I have read in years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

marius wrote:
    In its context I think this is one of the funniest things I have read in years....

What in the name of all that is blessed and graced by the divine lord, his angels, the saints, the beatified, the martyrs, those who just go to mass on a sunday and the people who don't really practice christianity, but still believe in god anyway, ya know, just in case... are you doing ressurecting this 4 year old thread????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

marius wrote:
    psi wrote:
    What in the name of all that is blessed and graced by the divine lord, his angels, the saints, the beatified, the martyrs, those who just go to mass on a sunday and the people who don't really practice christianity, but still believe in god anyway, ya know, just in case... are you doing ressurecting this 4 year old thread????
    He's just finished reading it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement