Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Americans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

LOL does the fun never stop!!!

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pepperkin

"Sorry which part of this whole thread being a big troll did you miss exactly?"

Even the big butted troll under the bridge sooner or later got his tail kicked by the billy goats. Call me Billy :)

" God forgive the average American for they know not what they do."

BS...I know precisely what I do! And I don't believe in God...

"[troll]
    Of course, only the child-ignoring Americans would fail to see this for yet another blatant troll, and take it as a personal attack
    [/troll] "

Well, you see, I have two children whom I adore beyond all reason and when I read things like "Americans don't love their kids" I'm guaranteed to bounce back and be snotty. Condemn the guilty, not the country....troll or no troll, when I'm lumped into a group of child abusing/abandoning idiots, I'm gonna come back. *Get over it!!* and get off my back for having opinions that weren't programmed in.
    Take me as I am, or ignore me.

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Sand, you typify what I dislike about America. Alot of self-righteous hot air, with just a hint of a persecution complex.

Wow, youve got us Americans down to a T. Guess you really can characterise an entire nation and not call it racism. Just one small teeny flaw in your argument. Im Irish.
    I'd put you on my ignore list, but, quite frankly, I find you mildly amusing.

Quite frankly, Id find it mildly amusing that you think I care. Ignore me if you want. While youre at it, inform Boston on how to find the ignore button. Hes still able to read far too many of my posts.

Bonkey lets assume the orignal post was a troll. It wasnt of course as Bubbles himself said
    And despite what Miss. DeVore said, if that indeed is her real name, I did not start this thread as a "wind up".

Does this exscuse the racist remarks and superiority complexes that then went unmoderated?

Logic "So I was left with the opinion that Americans would value their own life before that of their own kids. I'm sure there have been studies done which would prove this. "

Bubbles "If the same thing happened here in dublin, you can bet the mother, father, whoever of the child would high tale out of there, WITH THE KID.

Theres no excuse for running off and no caring what happened to the kid. Typical white trash americans. I am disgusted by it."

Zero (This guy is a moderator apparently) "Apart from totally agreeing with Bubbles on this one, there are many many things about Americans that can turn your stomach."

Gerry (Another Moderator) "I also have to agree with bubbles, this kind of thing explains a lot about americans. "

Kopf "I wholeheartedly agree with you, bubbles and logic1...

a very good example of the atitude of Americans, one which disgusts me.."

All of these comments which made wide ranging generalisations about a nation on the basis of pure speculation went unmoderated. Some of them were posted by moderators. Id love to see the life span of a thread that made similar remarks but replaced Americans with Nigerian immigrants. I just ignored the "chemicals in the water" trolls - they dont remove the racist tone of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Sand
    Does this exscuse the racist remarks and superiority complexes that then went unmoderated?

<snip>

All of these comments which made wide ranging generalisations about a nation on the basis of pure speculation went unmoderated. Some of them were posted by moderators. Id love to see the life span of a thread that made similar remarks but replaced Americans with Nigerian immigrants. I just ignored the "chemicals in the water" trolls - they dont remove the racist tone of the thread.

Sand - do yourself a favour.

Go read http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/troll.html, then come back, and read your last reply.

YHBT, YHL, HAND.

jc

p.s I cant comment on the lack of moderation. I dont moderate Humanities. Take it up with Castor (BAN HIM), or hey - go talk to deVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Zero (This guy is a moderator apparently) "Apart from totally agreeing with Bubbles on this one, there are many many things about Americans that can turn your stomach."

All of these comments which made wide ranging generalisations about a nation on the basis of pure speculation went unmoderated.

yawn. I'm not the one who has "Mutilating cats and stalking people who arent famous" as interests in the profile. Im shocked. How could you hurt a poor little creature like that, or even talk about it?? There are some lovely cats, what kind of a generalisation is that? When are you people going to learn??

annoying isnt it.....shutup. There is nothing racist about what I said, I was winding you up. Stop posting, you're bringing it all on yourself.

• Advertisement

Sure you were Zero. The fact that I wasnt even involved in the thread at that time yet you were winding me up?
    Apart from totally agreeing with Bubbles on this one, there are many many things about Americans that can turn your stomach. Someone with the time to read the report up on http://globalresearch.ca/articles/TAL111A.html might get their innocent little eyes opened that Americans are no better than the Nazis when it comes to world supremacy. At least the nazi's were straight up about it, the yanks smile at their enemies while knifing them in the back.

Oh hahaha- I see the wind up now. Hilarious. And you also posted a second page of drivel with the usual WTC bombing was terrible BUT (always a but) they invaded afghanistan for oil - was that another wind up or are you just pathetically trying to distance yourself from your idiotic remarks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sands, you seem to have a nack for annoying moderators

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Ri-ra

This is too funny.
    Wow, youve got us Americans down to a T. Guess you really can characterise an entire nation and not call it racism. Just one small teeny flaw in your argument. Im Irish.

To paraphrase Wellington re: Dublin: "Just because a man is born in a stable, does not make him a horse." ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Sand, please keep on getting wound up and/or indignant over such a blindingly obvious trolling on an internet message board. I could have locked this yonks ago but I didn't bother because I was getting a laugh out of your replies.

Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Hehehe, poor ol Sand. He just doesn't get anything :(.

• Advertisement

Hi Castor.
    Great to see you have a sense of humour. Mind explaining to me why you didnt lock the thread for the 7 days it was running before I posted? It went off topic, got bogged down in personal remarks and widespread generalisations about people based only on their nationality. And on top of this you describe it as a blatant troll. All this a in the week before I even make a post on it. And yet you did....nothing. There are no standards then for posting here? I.e anyone can post any drivel, but as long as they say its a troll its okay? Why is there a moderator again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Half-way to winning an argument is to not participate, sand. Maybe you should exercise the same discression in future, then you wouldn't have wasted so much effort, would you?

Castor Troy has proven himself to be an excellent humanities moderator - he gives most people a shout unless they break common-sense rules of decency.

Just let the thread die. Stop contributing to threads going off topic and stick to them. And above all, chill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

anyway i hear they eat their babies after 9 months in the states

Oh hahaha- I see the wind up now. Hilarious. And you also posted a second page of drivel with the usual WTC bombing was terrible BUT (always a but) they invaded afghanistan for oil

They did invade afghanistan for oil you simple little person. open your eyes.

Hi Castor.
    Great to see you have a sense of humour. Mind explaining to me why you didnt lock the thread for the 7 days it was running before I posted? It went off topic, got bogged down in personal remarks and widespread generalisations about people based only on their nationality. And on top of this you describe it as a blatant troll. All this a in the week before I even make a post on it. And yet you did....nothing. There are no standards then for posting here? I.e anyone can post any drivel, but as long as they say its a troll its okay? Why is there a moderator again?

I didn't lock it because I didn't feel like locking it. If you don't like the way Humanities is moderated, please feel free to no longer post in here.

They faked the moon landings as well Zero.

Thx for clearing up what your standards are Castor.

Mind explaining to me why you didnt lock the thread for the 7 days it was running before I posted?

Oh - silly us. We forgot to tell Sand that trolling isnt targetted.

Oh - hang on. I did. I pointed him at the description which pretty much points it out :)

[troll]
    Of course, how typical of an arrogant American to believe that it is all aimed at him, simply because he's the only one who persists in replying
    [/troll]

jc

Thx for clearing up what your standards are Castor.

Any time. At this stage I'm just going to leave this open to annoy you :)

Im getting plenty of help in the replying bussiness, Bonkey. From people who say its a troll that shouldnt be replied to and yet reply themselves. Uh huh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Jesus. Is this thing still open? I dropped reading/thinking about posting around halfway down page two....and Im a real 100% american...

</troll> how come this boards users spend most of their time posting/takingthepissoutof american ideals, events and people when you live so close to England? <troll>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

Does this mean you can get away with anything as long as you claim it's a troll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Actually, now that I think about it... there wasn't a kid in the buggie.

My bad.

They faked the moon landings as well Zero.

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/TAL111A.html

Have a read of that, remember to put your fingers under the words so you dont get lost. No conspiracy sh1te, just plain facts which show to even the simplest of minds (i.e. yours) whats really behind the Afghanistan bombardment by America.

And no, they didn't fake the moon landings, but they did fake the photographs, which they freely admit.

Go away. Give up. I can post here all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I know its sort of off topic Zero but when did they admit they faked the photos? I mean the whole moon conspiracty was started by some journalist who had no scientific data to back up his claim and when scientists and photgraphers pointed out the obvious that he was wrong he shut up soon enough but pandora was out of the box and even today people belive it!

Originally posted by yankinlk
    how come this boards users spend most of their time posting/takingthepissoutof american ideals, events and people when you live so close to England?

Cause the English, in general, have far too much sense to get all high and mighty when we insult them. There's no fun in that.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pepperkin

*psssssst*
    I just would like to take a moment to point out that Afghanistan doesn't export oil....they do, however, have a booming opium trade.

Afghanistan is in the middle of a proposed trade route through which oil can be routed, via pipelines, however, the country itself doesn't provide oil.

Yes, I looked this up.

http://www.pakistanlink.com/hussaini/11022001.html

http://www.tengai.co.uk/jim/caspian/

Not that it exonerates our esteemed *coughcough* President for being a twit....it does however close down that line of complaint prevalent on the board here.

Billy Goat Gruff

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

what complaint is that? That it's because of oil?

While they may not have the oil in the country, the need for the pipeline is so great that UNICOL went as far to shower the taliban with gifts and fly them to America in the hopes of getting the rights to ploink a pipe in the country.

Mind you quite a few other oil companies where entertaining the other powers in the country.

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/TAL111A.html
    Have a read of that, remember to put your fingers under the words so you dont get lost. No conspiracy sh1te, just plain facts which show to even the simplest of minds (i.e. yours) whats really behind the Afghanistan bombardment by America

ROFLMAO:) Reminds me of that slag somebody posted about the left on the politics board a while back. "Oh yeah? Take at look at this then!!! www.leftwingrevolutionaryrantings.com !!!" It was funny then and its funny now:). Tell me who was behind the WTC bombings? The oil companies?:P

Anyway, fair is fair so Ill trade you a link too. Read this- It is *nearly* as funny as your link http://www.isonews.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44354\

And no, they didn't fake the moon landings, but they did fake the photographs, which they freely admit.

Just when I thought the laughter was over. Youre alright Zero:)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by pepperkin
    *psssssst*
    I just would like to take a moment to point out that Afghanistan doesn't export oil....they do, however, have a booming opium trade. Afghanistan is in the middle of a proposed trade route through which oil can be routed, via pipelines, however, the country itself doesn't provide oil.Yes, I looked this up.

Eh...I know it doesn't have oil, and never said it had oil. I said they went in there because of oil. The url I was pointing at was talking about what Hobbes said just there, a pipeline from the Caspian Sea directly through Afghanistan. And you, Sand, you fukkin idiot, if you had bothered to read the url I posted up, you would see that its not a little nerds conspiracy theory, it's actually a very well put together article. Read it before you answer me again, and you will realise you're talking through your arse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement