Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Americans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Oh no we know.... restraint not our best characteristc.

SOMETIMES CAN'T HELP OURSELVES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

bubbles 1 - 0 America ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by atonal
    Find one society where people do not engage in absoltely abhorrent stupid behavior... I challenege you....

Ah, but the average gurrier in Dublin isn't allowed to have firearms!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

And despite what Miss. DeVore said, if that indeed is her real name, I did not start this thread as a "wind up". What people posted after me is nothing to do with me. And I would rather their posts deleted (which is the right thing to do) instead of slamming this thread.

I wanted to discuss a serious matter in my opinion, is this not the place to do it?

Same **** happened to my russian bride thread, which btw I have an update which I'll post later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by Victor

Ah, but the average gurrier in Dublin isn't allowed to have firearms!! :D

Interesting that you should make that point... I was just debating this with someone elswhere... My contention put simply is that idiots with guns=bad as most people are idiots gun controll is necessary.... they dont buy it...libertarians ARGH

Bubbles... I dont think the "Wind Up" Comment was directed at you.... you were trying to make a point... I get it... I disagree that the phenomenon of idiocy is isolated to Americans.... We do make a spectacle of our idiocy for the world though (save you snotty comment whitewash I can see it coming)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

They dont love there babies the way we do.

damn i dont know how to do the wwm thing

Interesting that you should make that point... I was just debating this with someone elswhere... My contention put simply is that idiots with guns=bad as most people are idiots gun controll is necessary.... they dont buy it...libertarians ARGH

Can you phrase this a .... little better .... I had to read it about 3-4 times .... to understand it .... properly. (see what I mean?)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Bubbles... I dont think the "Wind Up" Comment was directed at you.... you were trying to make a point... I get it... I disagree that the phenomenon of idiocy is isolated to Americans.... We do make a spectacle of our idiocy for the world though (save you snotty comment whitewash I can see it coming)

i think you will find that i said above that it was a stupid assumption to say that someone had left their baby was actually american, was it only americans that would do something like that, or that some other option applied.

in fact, i do belive i was saying that to post up saying americans were stupid because one person does something is a pretty stupid thing to say.

however, if you start to point you finger, wave your hands and then shout a lot, make stupid comments and make assumptions that im going to have a go at you, then....
    We do make a spectacle of our idiocy for the world though

youve saved me the trouble of saying anything really havent you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

I wholeheartedly agree with you, bubbles and logic1...

a very good example of the atitude of Americans, one which disgusts me..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

What the overpowering of the armed nutbag by unarmed heros? Or a buggy on its own, for unknown reason? BTW this entire thread is based on complete and utter speculation/fantastic imagination - for all you know the woman fainted, slipped and fell in the panicked crowd or so on. However dont let that stop your racist drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

oh look!... ignorance and unwittingly racist attitudes are alive and well!

and there was me thinking we were in a tolerant and understanding society... but there of course I forgot that it's perfectly fair to badge approx. 270m people with the same insult...

fair play to yiz...

morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

dont let that secret out. think of all the refugees whod try it....

They already have enough ways to stay in ireland legally without adding one more

(yes i know its off topic, but I saw an opportunity for an early morning mini-rant)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Originally posted by Sand
    What the overpowering of the armed nutbag by unarmed heros? Or a buggy on its own, for unknown reason? BTW this entire thread is based on complete and utter speculation/fantastic imagination - for all you know the woman fainted, slipped and fell in the panicked crowd or so on. However dont let that stop your racist drivel.

Of course we wont. bloody americans, every one of them dropping buggies everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

not that I condone this behaviour but how many times have you walked by a shop and there is a toddler outside either standing or in a buggy, the parent in the shop probably buying cigarettes.. This is not the US people this is right here in Dublin's fair city!! It is not an American thing its a people thing.. an individual moral problem not something an entire nation of people practice..

consider this.. cause and effect is a great one.. at the moment the gunman is firing and all the buffoons go running to subdue him, a mother walking her kid is trying to find safety.. one of the buffoons slams into her this the kid roles down the street before mother and buffoon go running after it... just because you saw it on TV absolutely does not mean what you say is what happened just like what I have said here could be a load of crap and the truth a very different thing.. but try and take all possibilities into account and not take a natural prejudice of the "Stupid American" syndrome make you see something thats probably not there...

BTW Sand yours is just as good as mine!

Saruman, I only saw part of the montage (I missed the pram bit), but I don't think it worked out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Perhaps we need an Anti - America Forum to vent some of the angst.

Oh btw class signature bounca!!

Ive already suggested a "US is Evil" thread on the politics board. No response yet. Probably because it would be as funny as "Bert is Evil" :).

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Few weeks back an english couple left their baby with a cleft lip in the airport of tenerif (I think). What does this say about the english, that they are so vain and self centered that they would leave their physically "deformed" offspring in a different country so that they could avoid the stigmata that would inevitably follow the child? Or is it that there are people in the world over with moral standards lower than a hoors knickers on a saturday night?

What a crock of sh*t.

I think it was Faro in Portugal, but yes the mother in particular felt unable to handle the responsibility of caring for the baby. And I woul condemn the emerging pattern of child neglect and abuse in the UK.

http://scripts.ireland.com/search/highlight.plx?TextRes=portugal&Path=/newspaper/breaking/2002/0116/breaking12.htm

Given the fine generation of up and coming scum bags you can meet any day of the week in Dublin, Im in favour of condemning Irish parents as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pepperkin

I figure I will save time, and reply to all of the above in one fell swoop.

"But no, our american person obviously thought only to save himself/herself and to hell with the kid, once they arn't [sic] hurt, thats all that matters, right? "

And for every moron whom has abandoned a child, there are 3 whom have saved them. Do you always only look for the negative, or do you give CULTURE IN GENERAL...not just americans...the benefit of a doubt?
    I will just point out that at the age of 17, I was in an apartment when a psycho with a fully aotumatic Uzi burst in and started shooting randomly. I was closest to the swing in which slept a 4 month old baby, and I threw myself in front of that baby, tho she wasn't mine, in the hope that she would not be killed. (i knew this was a useless effort as any round striking me would go straight through, fortunately, this was not tested...) This is from my own experience, not an old television video.
    No, staying safe oneself is NOT all that matters to everyone. Do not stereotype and falsely condemn ALL....condemn those whom deserve it. Are you the type whom would take a roomful of kids and beat them ALL simply because one of them was not following the rules? Are all guilty and condemned by the actions of the one?
    My children are my life, and I would put my life on the line and more to keep them safe, no matter the cost. And I am American. Get over it.

"I actually went out drinking later that night with some of my friends whom are American and told them about this very program. To my amazement they weren't surprised by the persons behaviour at all. They said if they were in the same situation they would do exactly the same thing. Now these aren't your typical trailer park yanks these people are highly educated and intelligent and in my opinion provide a good representation of the everyday american."

The "everyday American" in a country full of 280 million people from all different cultures, ages, races, and financial situations...you choose a handful in a foreign country to decide upon an opinion? Are your friends all roughly the same generation? And that's a valid sample of American society in it's entirety, so we're all of one mind, one generation, and one religion and culture. And you call US ignorant? Even my 8 year old understands to take a random sampling from different geographical areas and circumstances to arrive at a conclusion.
    And, by the way, I lived in a trailer park. I never graduated high school. I went back to school at the ripe old age of 23 and acquired my diploma. So, due to my living situation and schooling, I suppose I'm ignorant and I don't love my children...by YOUR standards of measurement, of course!
    If you wish to condemn the woman whom allegedly dropped her infant and ran (did anyone here SEE the woman do this, or are you basing your conclusions on circumstantial evidence and desire to malign?) then DO SO....do not lump the other 280 million people in with this woman. Also recall there are three sides to every story....and a television video shows ONE side.

"Americans are no better than the Nazis when it comes to world supremacy. At least the nazi's were straight up about it, the yanks smile at their enemies while knifing them in the back. "

I can quite honestly state that *I* as an American have never stabbed anyone in the back, nor pretending to be a friend when I was not. Honesty is too important to me. Oh, but I don't count as a PERSON, I have no individuality, correct? I'm just one tiny lump of flesh with no redeeming qualities in a gargantuan humanoid called "Americans"...

"They dont love there [sic] babies the way we do."

We don't? I include myself in your amorphous "they" as I am American. Of course, the Chinese love their babies so much, they abandon little girls on hillsides, or have them eradicated with partial birth abortion to spare them the indignity of living! Now THAT'S love, yes? Or let's not forget the Vietnamese, whom during the Vietnam war armed their children with grenades and sent them out on suicide missions...that's love, to teach your child to die violently...but with honor....!

"a very good example of the atitude of Americans, one which disgusts me.."

Ah, yes, I forgot AGAIN that none of us are individuals, persons within our own rights and opinions....we have nothing within our thinking processes we didn't have stamped into our neuro-cortexes at birth....
    I do not speak for American culture on the whole, as no-one can accomplish that. I speak for myself, as with the inane and ignorant slamming in this thread, I was included simply by country of birth.

Ahhh...but what do you Irish know? None of you went to school, you all wear ratty clothes and get drunk 24-7. You're all lazy drunkards whom faithfully go to Irish Catholic church every sunday and run around on Saturday nights fighting imaginary leprechauns.
    All of you were born in a Darby O' Gill movie, doncha know!

Oh, the lovely stereotypes....

pepperkin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

blah blah blah.

Occy, show this person how it's really done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by pepperkin
    [snip]idiotic post[/snip]

pepperkin

Sorry which part of this whole thread being a big troll did you miss exactly?

:rolleyes: God forgive the average American for they know not what they do.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

most of the american parents i knew were awful parents... you think they're fine, the father a lawyer, the mother a teacher with mushroom haircut, and then a year later he goes on a killing spree, and she abandons her kids and runs off with her daughter's rapist. This happens all the time, the more normal they seem the more ****ed up they are innit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Illkillya
    most of the american parents i knew were awful parents... you think they're fine, the father a lawyer, the mother a teacher with mushroom haircut, and then a year later he goes on a killing spree, and she abandons her kids and runs off with her daughter's rapist. This happens all the time, the more normal they seem the more ****ed up they are innit :)

LMAO!!! Didn't u live in Mammary-ica for a while killy?

.logic.

Ah, come on guys, no need to be offensive, trolling or no trolling. After all we wouldn't want Castor catching on.

pepperkin, you speak a lot of sense, however I have bitter personal experience (to the point of contemplated suicide) of working with Americans. Perhaps the sentiments above don't represent all Americans, but it represents too many of them.

And perhaps too many people are too short-sighted and don't see the error of their own ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

aye. for 7 years i had to keep an eye on my baby brother, because i was afraid that eventually that my mother would succumb to the influence of her American peers and desert him when threatened.

Your wasting your time Pepper. These people are right (Cos theyre left:) ). These same people will howl "racism" at anyone who says "Hmm maybe unregulated immigration isnt a good idea" but will feel no irony in their racist bile directed at the US. They hate the US, americans in general and Bush in particular. Their only redeemeing characteristic is that there isnt many of them beyond this board:) One poster in particular (Who shall remain nameless) seems to spend his days searching the internet to find links so a "US is Evil" thread can be started. So youre just wasting your time tbh.
    Sorry which part of this whole thread being a big troll did you miss exactly?

BTW you criticise the average american for falling for a troll - and yet this thread is onto its 3rd page? All of them were americans? Seems plenty of people (presumably) took a stupid post by a foolish individual to exspress their own pent up bigotry regarding americans. And then any american who dares to criticise that is called/implied to be stupid? Yep, thats logical alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Sand, you typify what I dislike about America. Alot of self-righteous hot air, with just a hint of a persecution complex.

Now run along, and watch "Top Gun" a few times, you'll feel better.

I'd put you on my ignore list, but, quite frankly, I find you mildly amusing.

And yes, we are all laughing at you.

See? -> :)

P.S. Try not to take it so seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Sand
    BTW you criticise the average american for falling for a troll - and yet this thread is onto its 3rd page? All of them were americans?
    Maybe criticising an American in a topic full of trolling was, in itself, a troll?

[troll]
    Here - I'll make my post easy for you so you dont get confused.

(Do these yanks ever learn????)
    [/troll]
    And then any american who dares to criticise that is called/implied to be stupid?

As is any Irish, English, Swahili, or anyone else.

[troll]
    Of course, only the child-ignoring Americans would fail to see this for yet another blatant troll, and take it as a personal attack
    [/troll]

See how easy it is?

jc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement