Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

BALLINSKER is now looking well handicapped,a front runner trained by Evan Williams an well in a big Haydock handicap before fading to finish 8th.

That was after a a couple of months break and the horse could now be ready to come home in front in the 3.20 Ludlow.

Plenty racing on friday but the meeting i am looking forward to is Stratford,a long standing hunter chase card.

I will not see it live but will record it and watch it later.

I am backing 4 hoses in 4 trebles and an accum.

VIRAK 5.45,FUMET DUDAIRIES 6.20 BOB AND CO 6.55 and ALCALA 7.30.

Paul Nicholls runs two in the 6.55 and i rate BOB AND CO the banker of the meeting at 5/6,Adrien Du Pont is his other runner and has won two hunter chases by very big margins and will have a big future at this level.

However his presence here will help to make the price for BOB AND CO who is banker material for me and may touch evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Kirby mounts in Yarmouth ...

E/W Yankee ....
    Mr Alan 14:00 6/1
    Prospect 13:25 10/1
    Immelmann 15:05 7/1
    Noble Peace 16:10 16/1
    Stake: €2.86
    €1.43 E/W
    Potential Returns: €2,043.80

E/W Double; Prospect & Noble Peace
    Stake: €20.00
    €10.00 E/W
    Potential Returns: €1,996.00

E/W Double; Immelmann & Mr Alan
    Stake: €27.14
    €13.57 E/W
    Potential Returns: €831.57

Good luck, n enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Paul Nicholls runs two in the 6.55 and i rate BOB AND CO the banker of the meeting at 5/6,
    However his presence here will help to make the price for BOB AND CO who is banker material for me and may touch evens.

Oops i missed Bob And ...
    Absoluet banker, ... mis tinks

Plenty racing on friday but the meeting i am looking forward to is Stratford,a long standing hunter chase card.

I will not see it live but will record it and watch it later.

I am backing 4 hoses in 4 trebles and an accum.

VIRAK 5.45,FUMET DUDAIRIES 6.20 BOB AND CO 6.55 and ALCALA 7.30.

Paul Nicholls runs two in the 6.55 and i rate BOB AND CO the banker of the meeting at 5/6,Adrien Du Pont is his other runner and has won two hunter chases by very big margins and will have a big future at this level.

Three beaten into 2nd,so no joy.

Alcala backed in the recovery mission so hoping he gets me out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Chosen Hour e/w 7.00p.m. at 25/1 for 4 places or 18/1 for 5 places might be worth a few quid.

Edit Nope!

Summer Valley 2.45 Brighton

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Well spotted,I have a feeling Ellen is going down the handicap route and if I am right she will not be a bet tomorrow so I will wait and back her when she goes handicapping off a good mark.

Elegant Ellen runs today in the last race at Thirsk. A bit skinny at 3-1 in a16 horse race I would have thought?

It's not a great race and I always thought she would win when she got a handicap,a big field alright but I backed her to win.

SPIRIT WARNING is extremely well handicapped in the 5.25 at Goodwood and should go close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Would have pissed it with any luck in running.

A couple worth a few quid in Epsom.

PATENT DREAM won well at the course last time and has a good chance in the 2.oc.

BELL ROCK ran a career best last time out when winning a good handicap off 103 and is well worth a try at group 3 level in the 3.10.

His owners love runners (and winners) in Goodwood and the fact that Andrew Balding runs him here suggests he has a decent chance and he can win this before being prepared for Goodwood.

It is unusual for AOB to run just one horse in the Derby or indeed in any big race nowdays so he must think a lot of Bolshoi Ballet and the horse may well bolt up.

However there have been some big priced winners of the Derby in recent years and i am going take a chance on ONE RULER in the hope that he will stay the trip,the second string of Appleby's three.

ONE RULER has good form over a mile and got close to Mac Swiney in his last race last year.The mile in the 2000 gns appeared to be too short for him and at 18 or 20/1 it is worth taking a chance he stays the mile and a half and a few quid ew 4 places might be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

A couple worth a few quid in Epsom.

PATENT DREAM won well at the course last time and has a good chance in the 2.oc.

BELL ROCK ran a career best last time out when winning a good handicap off 103 and is well worth a try at group 3 level in the 3.10.

His owners love runners (and winners) in Goodwood and the fact that Andrew Balding runs him here suggests he has a decent chance and he can win this before being prepared for Goodwood.

It is unusual for AOB to run just one horse in the Derby or indeed in any big race nowdays so he must think a lot of Bolshoi Ballet and the horse may well bolt up.

However there have been some big priced winners of the Derby in recent years and i am going take a chance on ONE RULER in the hope that he will stay the trip,the second string of Appleby's three.

ONE RULER has good form over a mile and got close to Mac Swiney in his last race last year.The mile in the 2000 gns appeared to be too short for him and at 18 or 20/1 it is worth taking a chance he stays the mile and a half and a few quid ew 4 places might be the way to go.

Sky bet doing money back ad cash (up to £10) if your horse is 2nd or 3rd in this race so I have whacked £20 on patent dream myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So freaking close :(

GIVE 'EM THE SLIP 7.oc Goodwood looked to have a very bright future when runner up to a smart filly when a good second first time out last year as a 2 year old, the filly that beat her that day was 5th in a group 3 at Royal Ascot next time to strengthen the form.

Her next 2 runs were at Lingield on the AW over 7 furlongs and each time she looked like winning when leading in the final furlong before fading each time to finish 2nd and 3rd.

She then ran in a nice maiden at Ayr over 6 furlongs and was well backed at evens before fading again in the final furlong when looking like a winner.

Now qualified for handicaps she could have got a lenient mark of 69 in my opinion and Gooodwood could be the perfect track for her,she also has the very good 5 lb claimer Stefano Cherchi on board.

I expect her to be given a patient ride today, she seems to be well handicapped on a track and distance that should suit and a 5lb claimer on board making her the days best bet ew at 4/1 or 9/2.

GIVE 'EM THE SLIP 7.oc Goodwood looked to have a very bright future when runner up to a smart filly when a good second first time out last year as a 2 year old, the filly that beat her that day was 5th in a group 3 at Royal Ascot next time to strengthen the form.

Her next 2 runs were at Lingield on the AW over 7 furlongs and each time she looked like winning when leading in the final furlong before fading each time to finish 2nd and 3rd.

She then ran in a nice maiden at Ayr over 6 furlongs and was well backed at evens before fading again in the final furlong when looking like a winner.

Now qualified for handicaps she could have got a lenient mark of 69 in my opinion and Gooodwood could be the perfect track for her,she also has the very good 5 lb claimer Stefano Cherchi on board.

That worked out badly and the filly is removed from the tracker.
    I expect her to be given a patient ride today, she seems to be well handicapped on a track and distance that should suit and a 5lb claimer on board making her the days best bet ew at 4/1 or 9/2.
    That did not go very well,the filly will be removed from the tracker and not backed again

I did a totally fun bet or Ascot on tue online a few minutes ago in case i forgot or changed my mind,the bet is a life changing lucky 31 ew for a cost of 15.50

I shall probaby back a couple of these in ew singles and probably oppose others on the day but i could not resist the small bet at the fancy prices quoted.
    2.30 Prince Eiji 40/1
    3.40 Kings Lynn 20/1
    4.20 Maximal 25/1
    5.oc Coeur De-Lion 12/1
    6.35 Felixd 6/1

Some races are extra places with PP and in the 5.oc which is pretty difficult two others worth consideration are Royal Illusion and Postileo both 16/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I did a totally fun bet or Ascot on tue online a few minutes ago in case i forgot or changed my mind,the bet is a life changing lucky 31 ew for a cost of 15.50

I shall probaby back a couple of these in ew singles and probably oppose others on the day but i could not resist the small bet at the fancy prices quoted.
    2.30 Prince Eiji 40/1
    3.40 Kings Lynn 20/1
    4.20 Maximal 25/1
    5.oc Coeur De-Lion 12/1
    6.35 Felixd 6/1

Some races are extra places with PP and in the 5.oc which is pretty difficult two others worth consideration are Royal Illusion and Postileo both 16/1.

5eur free bet on powers app

Gavlar 3.50 Ling has not won for a long time but has come down the handicap to 57,an all time low and might be worth a fiver ew at 28/1,is 2 lbs better off with the horse that beat him a length and a quarter last time and might still be able to get his head in front.

but1er wrote: »
    5eur free bet on powers app

I had it on Prince Eiji 2.50 ew at 40s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Six strings 15/8 at Carlisle 5.20
    Just got word for it,not a great price,but if it wins that will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

I had it on Prince Eiji 2.50 ew at 40s.

This is gone out to 50/1 on 365 & into 28/1 on PP, strange..
    365 €5 free bet on any race Royal Ascot tomor

Rectory Road 8.20 Windsor gets another chance tonight.

Rectory Road 8.20 Windsor gets another chance tonight.
    4th i think its time to to remove Rectory from the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Throne Hall 8-1 in the last at ascot and maybe Patrick sARSFIELD IN THE 5.35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

lostwithiel 5pm ascot

2.30 Prince Eiji 40/1
    3.40 Kings Lynn 20/1
    4.20 Maximal 25/1
    5.oc Coeur De-Lion 12/1
    6.35 Felixd 6/1

4th 2 6th a 7th and a 10th,just goes to how tough it is at Ascot,most went of a lot shorter than the prices i took,but no joy or small money.

Backed 3 at Ascot for wed.

YET has only had one run,winning when not expected and can show a lot of improvement now 13/1 (power up from 12) so backed her ew money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the jolly.

LOVE also trained by AOB can show her class by beating the boys,short enough price but should win.

MAYDANNY is suggested for the Hunt Cup with PP going 7 places,MAYDANNY ran a blinder at this meeting last year when finishing best of those drawn wrong and is a bit of value ew at 20/1.

I fancy PEROTTO in the 5.oc at Ascot who can be backed at 22/1.

This is a thirty runner handicap and there are likely to be more hard luck stories than one would hear at a liars conference.

PEROTTO has never run over a mile but given his style of running looks like he may stay the trip today.He ran fourth in a very hot race in Newmarket over 6 furlongs on may 1st with recent winner First Folio behind in 5th.

Needed every yard of the 7 furlongs at Goodwood when running on strongly next time getting up close home.Not guaranteed to get the extra furlong today but is worth betting he will at the price.

However for online punters a warning,all bookmakers are offering just 4 places!!! in the toughest handicap of the year with 30 runners to boot and punters would be well advised to swerve this race online as there can be NO value whatsoever in having a bet on it.

I am heading to town shortly and i feel sure some of the shops will be going 6 if not 7 places,if this is not the case i will keep my money in my pocket

• Advertisement

Got 6 places in Boyles and backed the horse Pp are 4 places in the shop its a joke.

Advertisement