Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nusra 25-1
    5 places
    PP

I fancy this for a place, 3rd behind the joint favourite Divine Celts last time out, positive swing in weighs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

TRALEE HILLS goes in the ladies amateur "Derby" at 7.38 Epsom and with Serena Brotherton an amateur in name only on board is worth a bet.

Well suited by give in the ground TRALEE HILLS should make a bold bid.

FOR JIM 4.15 Perth requires good ground and with the ground is right will take beating,not very big prices but at around 7/4 and 5/2 might be worth doing the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Tipperary Moon 530 Bellewstown

Serena Brotherton done us a turn yesterday when winning easily at 11 to 4,she goes to Sandown to ride one for Hannon in the 5.10 and while her chance of riding a winner is not as obvious as yesterday she can come out on top again.

This is a very poor race and her mount Always Fearless is giving weight to the field,has form on soft and at 9 to1 is an ew bet in Powers who go 4 places.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Gert Lush 5.10 e/w 10/1, pp 4 places

• Advertisement

Came From the Dark can win the group 3 at 1.50 San,should like the ground.
    It can e hard to concentrate in nice surroundings but I brought the correct reading material to Killarney with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It can e hard to concentrate in nice surroundings but I brought the correct reading material to Killarney with me.

Have gone with Arecibo myself, Sky bet doing cash back up to £10 if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

Have gone with Arecibo myself, Sky bet doing cash back up to £10 if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd.

Thanks Zimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Good shout.

Zabeel Champion has a lot of weight in the 3.15 Haydock but also has a touch of class so worth a few quid ew.

• Advertisement

With Thanks disappointed on her 1st run this season but has a great chance on ratings to win the listed race at Chelmsford at 3.27,the race should only concern the 1st 3 in the betting and if back to her best With Thanks should come out on top.

With Thanks disappointed on her 1st run this season but has a great chance on ratings to win the listed race at Chelmsford at 3.27,the race should only concern the 1st 3 in the betting and if back to her best With Thanks should come out on top.

The betting told the story,With Thanks has not trained on or will be better on heavy ground,whatever the case she will not be backed again by me until she shows something better.

Credit to John Quin who is well capable if he gets the right horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Is this thread dead???

ECONOMIC CRISIS is a 12 year old running in a 5 furlong handicap at Hamilton tonight at 6.55 and before anyone sends for the men in white coats just take a look at the horses recent runs.

Beaten a nose last time when finishing well he can go one better today its a pity one was taken out leaving just 7 runners but i am still having €25 ew at around 8/1.

The horse will come late and hopefully time the run right to get up and win,the apprentice claiming 5 lbs has ridden the horse before and will know what to do.

A very bad run and drifted like mad so someone knew.

May have better luck saturday some good racing taking place.

Best bet is GULLIVER in the big handicap at 4.oc,finished 2nd in this last year can go one better now under the same rider Gavin Ryan who may have hit the front a bit soon. THE SPONSORS PP go 6 places and it is hard to see GULLIVER outside the top 6 and ew looks a bet to nothing.

Marbling having having only its 3rd run since coming from France is the next best and i will have a saver on it.

IOLANI is an ew bet with Page Fuller on board in the 2.30 at Cartmel,a handicap hurdle for lady riders at 13/2,the trainer Dianne Sayer is in great form and IOLANI should be hard to beat. At Newbury KINGS LYNN is a good bet in the 3.oc.Denied a clear run at Ascot KINGS LYNN can win this for Andrew Balding.

3-0 for the Books plus 1 more loser equals a bad day.

I have backed LYNWOOD GOLD at 20s PP goes 6 places despite being drawn 23,LYNWOOD GOLD has been well behind Foveros and My Sister Sarah in its last two runs.

Was very slowly away in one and stayed on steadily without threatening in the other,is over a stone better o with both horses now and is a sporting bet to reverse the places with both who are short enough in the betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

If he broke on terms....,I had a score ew.

• Advertisement

Still trying to get the hang o the new Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Join the club Zim 🙄

You've worked out the important bit anyway 🙏

Cockalorum 1.50 Goodwood is having a good year and may not be finished yet,goes on soft and can front run but does not have to.

Pp paying 6 places and 12 to 1 or better makes it an ew bet.

Pettochside is 12 years old but can still go a bit,is 5 lbs wrong at the weights but could go off at a good price in the 4.10 Goodwood and is worth a small ew 5 places.A c and d winner 3 times likes it soft and runs up with the pace so with a 7 lbs claimer up could figure in this sprint.

Pp are money back all losers a tenner max on one of the races today,a tenner on the first 3 in the betting in as many shops as one wants to visit is probably the way to go.

If getting the winner at least ones money back plus the free bets if not well all free bets to the value of stake.

The money back race is the 2.25 and it looks between the first 3 in the beting.

Unlike yesterday the money back all losers only applies online,it is still a bit of value the only horses with soft ground form are Angel Bleu and The Acropolis but Angel has a good bit to find with the fav as has The Acropolis and the heavy ground now makes this race more difficult to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

3 for tomorrow

Opener at saratoga Arch my BOy, no prices yet.

Opener at Galway Schone Aussicht, 14s at the moment, should be far shorter. 6 places too i think.

and Samcro at 16s could be a decent price ew with 7 places in the big one at galway

(Shoutout to the horse OFff You Go, the very first horse ever fancied in this thread who is also running in the big one tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I have always liked 7 year olds in the Galway Plate and from the handful engaged today i am backing two.

Main fancy is MITCHOUKA who won a valuable handicap chase in march when fancied and only ran in a hurdle race afterwards when probably put away for this and has a fine chance for his small stable.

Gearoid OLoughlin knows the time of day and i have backed it ew at 28/1 PP 6 places,i have an ew saver on the very classy but mistake prone ASSEMBLE trained by Joseph OBrien,if putting in a clear round is a danger to all and worth a few quid at around 20s. 6.15.

If POETIC FLAIRE handles the ground (i believe he will) he should win the very valuable Sussex Stakes at 3.35 Goodwood,i was told he is going very well at home and worth a decent bet.

Forgot to say for those with a Pp cash card its money back all losers in the Plate at 6.15 up to 20 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Arch my boy placed at 16/1

Schone Aussich placed at 25/1

Samcro unfortunately nowhere.

Still, decent profit and interest

Advertisement