Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Have they penciled in the rearranged GW1 fixtures yet?

Not til January at the earliest AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,949 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Good few boardsies on here that I can see. Not 100% sure what the weighted formula they use is. It definitely appears to be one that works in my favour because I didn’t expect to be as high as 48 given I’ve never had any top 1k finishes

https://www.premierfantasytools.com/best-fpl-managers-list/?country=IE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

CSF wrote: »
    Good few boardsies on here that I can see. Not 100% sure what the weighted formula they use is. It definitely appears to be one that works in my favour because I didn’t expect to be as high as 48 given I’ve never had any top 1k finishes

https://www.premierfantasytools.com/best-fpl-managers-list/?country=IE

You have had 6 finishes inside the top 30k which is probably why you are so high. That is a very high standard, especially when you consider how many people are playing it now.

claw wrote: »
    You have had 6 finishes inside the top 30k which is probably why you are so high. That is a very high standard, especially when you consider how many people are playing it now.

I know, but whenever you see the post your history threads in here, there’s always guys who’ve had crazy finishes and a reasonable level of consistency also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Glad I set my team up last week, just got my PS5, so bye-bye OR, time to slay some demons. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Pick 2 to start of these 3?
    Cancelo (tot), Mitchell (bur), Justin (liv)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Pick 2 to start of these 3?
    Cancelo (tot), Mitchell (bur), Justin (liv)

Mitchell won't play

Why was sterling not with the England squad this week? Or was he I'm. It seeing any minutes played for him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Why was sterling not with the England squad this week? Or was he I'm. It seeing any minutes played for him

"injury"

Same as Rashford.

I'd expect both to start this weekend for their clubs.

Anyone else thinking Vardy as captain instead of one of the City lads next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Anyone else thinking Vardy as captain instead of one of the City lads next week?

I am but only if I transfer him in for Kane.
    I already transferred out son so not sure if I want to get rid of Kane as well. Tempted to switch him for Vardy. Or maybe Watkins and a city mid.. decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yes, I have the cash to do Werner to Vardy and am seriously considering it instead of selling Son for KDB.

I actually brought Vardy in this week for Kane so it’s not whether to bring him in I’ve to worry about, literally just whether I captain him ahead of Sterling.

I think I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Guaita has been my “set and forget” for the season so far - incredibly frustrating. 10 pointer to start the season then no thing but late clean sheet wipeouts since then

v Man United - conceded 80th minute consolation goal
    v Brighton - conceded injury time goal
    v Fulham - conceded injury time goal
    v Newcastle - conceded 88th, 90th min goal

Most of those (like last night) were on for 3 BPS too. Keep telling myself his luck will turn but there’s only so long before a rage transfer takes over.

West Brom next week will be the final straw I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Guaita has been my “set and forget” for the season so far - incredibly frustrating. 10 pointer to start the season then no thing but late clean sheet wipeouts since then

Most of those (like last night) were on for 3 BPS too. Keep telling myself his luck will turn but there’s only so long before a rage transfer takes over.

** loads up on West Brom strikers ...lol (joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

In the same boat with a Palace defender- very frustrating for a side that are typically hard to break down. Will obviously keep for the West Brom game but time to move on then as fixtures turn.

Mane benched !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Shedite27 wrote:
    Guaita has been my “set and forget†for the season so far - incredibly frustrating. 10 pointer to start the season then no thing but late clean sheet wipeouts since then

Shedite27 wrote:
    v Man United - conceded 80th minute consolation goal v Brighton - conceded injury time goal v Fulham - conceded injury time goal v Newcastle - conceded 88th, 90th min goal

Shedite27 wrote:

Shedite27 wrote:

Was the same and just bit the bullet and sold him a few weeks ago for Mendy. Paid off the -4 in no time, people dont like changing GK but no point hanging onto one that can't keep a CS for the sake of a transfer imo

Jota (salah assist)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Jota (salah assist)

You might want to visit the matchday thread haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Newcastle have cancelled training after a Covid outbreak. They're due to play Villa on Friday. I wonder what the Premier League will do, would they cancel the game? Reschedule to Monday to give Newcastle more time?

In the NFL this weekend, one game got moved from Thursday night to the following Tuesday to allow a team recover. Another team weren't so lucky and had to play without a Quarterback (kinda like asking a Premier League team to play without any of their goalkeepers, and putting an outfielder in goal for a game)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

(kinda like asking a Premier League team to play without any of their goalkeepers, and putting an outfielder in goal for a game)

Everton fans wouldn't say no to this!

Newcastle have cancelled training after a Covid outbreak. They're due to play Villa on Friday. I wonder what the Premier League will do, would they cancel the game? Reschedule to Monday to give Newcastle more time?

In the NFL this weekend, one game got moved from Thursday night to the following Tuesday to allow a team recover. Another team weren't so lucky and had to play without a Quarterback (kinda like asking a Premier League team to play without any of their goalkeepers, and putting an outfielder in goal for a game)
    I think the rule is that they will have to play the young lads if needs be.

I'm sure I read at the start of the season that if 14 players can be named in the matchday squad then the game needs to go ahead.

As a Villa fan and Grealish/Martinez owner, I'm more than ok with this....

Heres the link actually

Yeah, 14 players even if some of them are under 21 squad players

https://www.balls.ie/premier-league/premier-league-coronavirus-rules-449786

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bollocks. I just signed Wilson

Newcastle under 21s are in action as we speak in PL2 actually. So its hard to imagine them not having enough players to play.

It certainly makes Villa players look like a great shout if the game does indeed happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Crystal Palace be sweating now I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Newcastle under 21s are in action as we speak in PL2 actually. So its hard to imagine them not having enough players to play.

It certainly makes Villa players look like a great shout if the game does indeed happen though.

It depends how many 1st teamers are out. Newcastle are more than capable of parking the bus really well on their day.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    It depends how many 1st teamers are out. Newcastle are more than capable of parking the bus really well on their day.

They are, but if they’re missing training sessions etc they could be weak.

I mean it’s a game I’d have expected Villa to win with a bit of change anyway, so every extra percentage point only adds to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Nice.. I have triple villa for their good fixture run.

On a separate note. Anyone know roughly when their double gw will be after the gw1 blank?

Advertisement